Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

The New York Post has posted their MLB 2K11 hands-on preview.

Quote:
"The dugout reactions, fielding animations, swings and leaving the batter’s box have all been reshot to add another level of realism to the gameplay experience. For example if Shane Victorino legs out an infield single, he might pump his fist as he heads back to first base, or if CC Sabathia loads the bases he might head back to the mound while shouting expletives into his mitt. If you see it in real-life, you can expect to see it in 2K11.

The team has also added in new types of hits and fielding tendencies based on bat contact and player rating. So if Ichiro chops a ball into the dirt down the third base line, it will not just be a simple ground ball, it may be a chopper or dribbler. Likewise, if David Wright is fielding the ball, he may cleanly barehand it and fire to first whereas Pablo Sandoval might double-clutch and not make the play. Ratings have truly been stressed in this year’s game.

Other features in 2K11 will be an improvement of MLB Today, which will update rosters daily and will allow players to play that night’s games. Also MLB Today will use the player dynamic system mentioned in Franchise Mode to track players’ real trends over the past 30 days and adjust ratings accordingly. The commentary has also been beefed up bigtime, with unique commentary for almost any possible scenario you can think of. The team at 2K said that MLB Today will be so immersive and accurate that it can in theory replace SportsCenter, MLB Network and Baseball Tonight on a daily basis."

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 kashmir28 @ 02/15/11 09:08 PM
Reading some back articles and found this and got all excited about 2K11.I'm still excited about the introduction of these features, but PLEASE let there be visual improvements as well. The lack of an upgrade in the scoreboard portraits concerns me as far as the visuals, but those portraits were there two years ago and last year saw some visual improvements over 2K9. Just have to wait and see I guess. But, if anything it sounds like 2K11 may have some NBA 2K feel to it, hopefully.

# 42 hurdinator @ 02/18/11 05:01 AM
I'm amped! This looks better and better all the time!

# 43 Money99 @ 02/18/11 04:20 PM
The one thing that 2K deserves a lot of credit for across all their sports platforms is how they want all the players to play like their real life counterparts.
You can see it from baseball, to football, basketball, hockey, tennis, etc.

MLB2K11 seems no different and I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

# 44 countryboy @ 02/20/11 02:23 PM
reading thru that article has just extremely raised my interest in this game. One thing I've wanted in sports games for a long time(baseball especially) was re-occuring/nagging injuries. So excited to hear they are adding it this year.

# 45 hitstreak13 @ 02/20/11 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
reading thru that article has just extremely raised my interest in this game. One thing I've wanted in sports games for a long time(baseball especially) was re-occuring/nagging injuries. So excited to hear they are adding it this year.
I'm with you here. I've been dying for nagging/reoccuring injuries for a long time (especially in a baseball game). However, my only concern is if these "reoccuring injuries" will effect a players career, which in some cases I hope they do to make it more realistic. For example, if I have a starting pitcher who experiences major arm problems in year 1, will his health status be reset year 2? Or would his arm problems plague him in year 2? Man, i hope its the latter.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.