Home
MLB 2K11 News Post

So, my hands-on preview will be on the site tomorrow, but I just wanted to throw a couple bullet points in here of things I saw or found out but will not be in the preview.
  • No arbitration system in place in Franchise mode

• There's a "team health" screen you can go to in Franchise mode to check out injuries to players and how they're doing and so forth.

• Injuries can be progressive. So if you play a guy through an injury and can lead to a worse injury to the same affected area.

• These injuries are real-time, so each animation has a certain about of "injury risk" tied to it. So if a player is playing through a bad shoulder and tries to steamroll the catcher at the plate, it could mean very bad news.

• During a game you can go through a substitution screen and see a pitcher's repertoire (including his arsenal and speeds), as well as a "splits" screen where you can see how pitchers/batters do in certain situations.

• If you pause the game, you can look and see where your expected pitch count range is with any starter.

• The sound was rather low, but I thought every instant replay made sense in the game. 2K has generally been good at end-of-inning replays, and everything in terms of replays during the action synced up and made sense to show again.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K11Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Trevytrev11 @ 02/28/11 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Yah, that's very cool.

Man... I really hope I'm impressed by the demo tomorrow... I would LOVE to get two baseball games this year!
I would love one!

# 22 seriousluboy83 @ 02/28/11 10:46 AM
man i feel like bart scott right now...CAN'T WAIT!!!

# 23 ChaseB @ 02/28/11 11:55 AM
One other thing I did not mention in the preview is how some of the fielders react after a catch in the outfield. I think I saw some were concerned that they would still crow hop or whatever after every catch, but I definitely saw some care-free throws back towards the infield after routine grabs.

# 24 ssryry29 @ 02/28/11 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
One other thing I did not mention in the preview is how some of the fielders react after a catch in the outfield. I think I saw some were concerned that they would still crow hop or whatever after every catch, but I definitely saw some care-free throws back towards the infield after routine grabs.
Also, will we be able to make contract extentions in the middle of the season?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.