Home
MLB 11 The Show News Post

IGN has just posted the top rated teams, hitter, fielder, pitcher, and most improved player in MLB 11 The Show. They have also included some new screenshots.

Top-Rated Teams: Yankees and Red Sox
Top Hitter: Albert Pujols
Top Fielder: Ichiro Suzuki
Top Pitcher: Ubaldo Jimenez
Most Improved: Carlos Gonzalez

Game: MLB 11 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 57 - View All
MLB 11 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BCJMU99 @ 03/01/11 11:32 AM
A friend of mine just told me about this news...for the Phils to not have the top pitching staff is amazing to me. Same with Halladay not being the top pitcher. That is fine though, Phils will prove Sony wrong in all aspects come October.

# 62 BCJMU99 @ 03/01/11 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
why is this so hard to believe for you? the phils bullpen is terrible, and that also factors in to the team that gets the top pitching staff. the yanks starting roatation is pretty crappy, but they have a dang good bullpen that only got better with signing soriano. If Kimbrel proves to be a dominant closer I will venture to say the Braves will have a better overall pitching staff than the yanks and the phils, but we will just have to see on that.
LOL...coming from a Braves fan. Get out of here HOMER!

# 63 AlexOvechkin @ 03/01/11 02:37 PM
I don't understand two things here...

Yankees #1 in Team Rankings???
Jimenez #1 in Pitcher Rankings???

I clearly see the Red Sox and the Phillies on top of the Team Ranking List and HALLADAY is without any doubt the best pitcher in the majors..

I'm gonna change that before I'll start my dynasty!

# 64 BatsareBugs @ 03/01/11 04:39 PM
Easy explanation for the pitcher rankings. Players with the same overall will be ranked at a random order. If you dont' believe me, run a fantasy draft and see how many times the number 1 pitcher changes (assuming that you've set it to all 30-team control).

I'm guessing IGN plucked out the first person who popped up. Either that or they did it to get a reaction (because you know, writers are famous for that).

# 65 Dannyray64 @ 03/01/11 07:40 PM
Quote:
How about you read my earlier post, I am a braves fan, but I look at the game as a whole without bias. name me one phils BP pitcher that is better than venters, or even the untested kimbrel for that matter. the fact that I can cite a rookie is reason enough that the phillies not have the #1 rated pitching staff. the braves starting 5 aint too shabby

Halladay>Hudson
Lee>>>Lowe
Owalt>Jurrjens

Hamels<
Blanton<<
Bullpen cant even be compared LOL.

YOU are the definition of a HOMER. I bet you think ole Dom Brown will be ROY and MVP this year huh?
Hey buddy, you don't know what you are talking about! I believe, and I have been a fan for DECADES, that a bullpen can be a major crapshoot. Relivers can be completley dominant one year, than completley fall off the charts the next. Sure there are many cases that is not true, as in Mariano, Hoffman, and even Billy Wagner but... I believe the Phillies have many bullpen pieces that could have a very solid year, or completley flop and be terrible. Same with the Braves. You just never know. But there is no arguing that the Phillies should at least be in the top three best teams, and of course, Halladay is the best pitcher in the league, period. The Phillies should have the best pitching staff.

# 66 FourAces2635 @ 03/01/11 08:10 PM
Quote:
How about you read my earlier post, I am a braves fan, but I look at the game as a whole without bias. name me one phils BP pitcher that is better than venters, or even the untested kimbrel for that matter. the fact that I can cite a rookie is reason enough that the phillies not have the #1 rated pitching staff. the braves starting 5 aint too shabby

Halladay>Hudson
Lee>>>Lowe
Owalt>Jurrjens
Hamels<
Blanton<<

Bullpen cant even be compared LOL.

YOU are the definition of a HOMER. I bet you think ole Dom Brown will be ROY and MVP this year huh?
I'm assuming you think Hamels is worse than Hanson... Seriously? Hamels would be the #2 on your staff. And with regards to the game, Minor can't be, or shouldn't be, ranked higher than Blanton because he hasn't done anything in the MLB yet besides a month's worth of starts.

And Brown very well could... so could Freeman... There's a lot of good young talent out there.

# 67 Chairman7w @ 03/02/11 03:53 PM
I think it's ludicrous for the Giants not to be the #1 ranked team for pitching. The Giant's hurlers were historically good the second half of last year.

They lead in ERA, average against, K's per 9i...

No disrespect to the Phils, but they had a LOT more run support all year than the Giants did. If the Giants had that kind of offense, Lord only knows how incredible their W-L records would have been.

# 68 CabreraMVP @ 03/02/11 07:17 PM
I like the Philadelphia's pitching staff, then San Francisco.

The Yankee's have a nice bullpen but I don't think it's enough to boost them into the top ranks. Their rotation is that bad, and it isn't like their bullpen will break records. They are just good.

Atlanta has a good staff. They have some question marks with Lowe, Jurrjens, etc.

# 69 FourAces2635 @ 03/02/11 09:47 PM
Quote:
why should I expect anything else from the name four aces. in reality you have 2 aces a former ace on the decline and an up and down flash in the pan. hell the way its looking brown aint even gonna make the big club out of ST. perhaps one day you will take off the rose colored glasses and see that there are other teams out there with good players. just in case you didnt know, the NL all star team this year wont be made up of just philly players.
I'm not going to argue with you on who's better because frankly... it's a waste of time. On paper, the Phillies are stronger in a lot of ways and so are the Braves... we'll leave it at that. The only point I'll make is that Oswalt was a staff ace for years and had a top 5 era and the best WHIP and Hamels has been more than an "up and down flash in the pan."

What I have a problem with is you say I have rosey colored glasses. All I said was Hamels would be the #2 on your staff... which he would be when you consider the #'s he's put up at a young age. Domonic Brown has the same chance any rookie has this year... to say he's not going to win it because he's struggled in spring training is ridiculous... BTW the Rookie of the Year... he came up in May... not you're guy who tore it up in the spring and was so-so in the regular season. You're the one with the Bias... not me.

I can see the flaws in my team. No right handed bat, and a ? in the bull pen and health.

# 70 kr49erfan @ 03/02/11 11:06 PM
Imo there is no doubt Doc is the best pitcher in the league. Dude is a strait up stud. I still have no problem putting the Giants Staff against the Phillys staff. I feel we can compete with them well. Our bullpen is better and we all seen that we can handle them in the playoffs. They did add CLiff Lee, but we handled him fairly well too.

# 71 FourAces2635 @ 03/03/11 03:06 PM
Quote:
hey I'm ok with heyward coming in 2nd in the ROY voting, albeit the only reason that happened was him playing through an injury when he shouldnt have been, buster posey is a hell of a player. the last time a brave was 2nd in the rookie of the year it turned out pretty well. and for hamels to be #2 on the braves staff he would have to beat hanson, and possibly even jurrjens, highly unlikely he would beat both of them. the rose colored glasses is your and most all philly fans blind love for brown. no one can admit he has a huge hole in his swing and are already appointed him the next pujols.
The #4 prospect in baseball isn't being hyped by just us. I'll admit he has a huge hole in his swing and he has some work to do... he hasn't proven anything and I will admit he's being way too over hyped but some of it is deserved... No one can ignore the #'s he put up in the minors.

I think the Braves have a good team... Heyward is always going to be the best right fielder in the division and Brown (if he hits his potential) will be second to him at best.

Hamels has more of a pedigree than both those two pitchers and has led a team to a world series. However, at this point in their careers (1 1/2 years in), Hanson is better overall... but if I have to go to game 7, my personal pick is Hamels who is a proven winner where as Hanson is probably a year from establishing himself as an ace... we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just felt like you were undervaluing Hamels in the first post you made by saying he was a flash in the pan.

And if there ever was a staff with Hamels, Hanson, Jurjens in any order it would be nasty.
__________________________________________________ ____
Back to the topic at hand...

While I was steamed when I saw Halladay wasn't #1 (and I wasn't the only one confused) I now realize why Ubaldo has the best rating (even though its by a hair) He just has overall better stuff... He can throw near 100MPH. Halladay at best is probably 94-94. Linceccum's velocity has come down recently and Felix is probably just a hair under Ubaldo in terms of stuff.

# 72 Visionsofmastery @ 03/03/11 10:09 PM
Rest of Baseball is about to find out about Nick Markakis this year

# 73 YankeeFan_Ace9O8 @ 03/05/11 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Wow Yanks #1 offense? Definitely should be Red Sox, possibly even Rangers (but then again I'm biased.)
I'm a Yankee fan and i agree...Phillies (1st) in pitching ---> Yankees( 2cd) & Red Sox (3rd), Yankees (2cd) in offense ---> Red Sox 1st, Yankees 1st in defense, Red Sox 2cd in defense,

# 74 brett the jet favre @ 03/06/11 05:15 AM
Cant wait to be gunnin people down with Ichiro in my M's chise!

# 75 idrisguitar @ 03/06/11 10:50 AM
Can't wait to see the OS rosters, not just for the full minors, but also hopefully to correct the phillies pitching rankings, they should be no.1 and Doc should be number one by a margin (jiminez is an ace, but SCEA really went overboard to put him ahead of Roy.)

# 76 fang @ 03/06/11 11:13 AM
I love seeing all the Phillies and Sox fans whining already, especially when more than half of them didn't even read the thread. OMG, we're rated #3 or #2 instead of #1! I'm gonna cry!

# 77 tazbk @ 03/06/11 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man1985
Yea agree. I know the Phils got a great starting rotation but have a suspect bullpen so I except that. BUT THE YANKEES HAVE 1 ACE! Yea there bullpen is really good but 1 ace! Come on...Burnett crapped the bed the second half a last year and the others are a mystery...

Good thing I guess is I can't wait to beat that Yank-***!
In the video game right? Cause your team couldn't beat mine in the '09 WS that is for sure. We both ended up with the same fates last year.

How about you let the season play out before you start crowning people champs. I'm sure very few people outside the Bay Area and Dallas area had a SF/TEX going to the World Series.

Boston and Philly haven't proved anything yet except that they made some good moves in the offseason. Actually outside of landing Lee, the Phils haven't done anything. Didn't improve that bullpen and the lineup got weaker.

# 78 tazbk @ 03/06/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
I like the Philadelphia's pitching staff, then San Francisco.

The Yankee's have a nice bullpen but I don't think it's enough to boost them into the top ranks. Their rotation is that bad, and it isn't like their bullpen will break records. They are just good.
You can't be serious. The best closer ever paired with a Top 5 closer from last year. Most games will be 6 innings. I'll take my chances in the 7th with Robertson, Chamberlain and 2 lefty's to get 3 outs.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.