Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Synopsis
Saturday. To some, it's a day off from work, a day to sleep in, a day to kick back. For you, Saturday is what you train for all week. It's the day that defines whether you'll be celebrated as the new hero of the campus — or the biggest letdown in town. The day when your most heated rival will be laid to rest — or trample on your pride. It's gameday. And in the fierce world of college football, it's more than just a game — it's a way of life. Do you have what it takes to go back to school and bring glory to your campus on the field?

Climb into your school colors and hit the stadium for the most authentic college football experience yet in NCAA Football 12. This year, the traditions are more intense, the celebrations are rowdier and the school pride has never been so real. Live the pain, glory, action and grit of Saturday any day of the week as you take the competition to the 50-yard line against your fiercest rivals. Make an impact on the field as you lead your team down the road to the National Championship and learn what old-school football glory really means.

Features
  • Feel the hits, experience the thrills and revel in the glory of college football
  • Suit up in the college colors of your choice and take the field as an NCAA athlete in the most authentic college football experience to date
  • Enhanced in-game presentation brings the excitement of Saturday's game to life with all-new traditions and school-specific crowd celebrations
  • Take on your school's most heated rival in intense matchups
  • Go for the glory on the road to the National Championship

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SynShadowzz @ 03/11/11 12:23 PM
While I won't make any conclusions from that "info", I will ask a related question.

Who is actually using the RTG mode? I'm not trying to be condescending, but that mode bores me after 5-10 minutes with it. I'm assuming trying to be a CB in RTG is a nightmare.

# 62 Tolstoy @ 03/11/11 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynShadowzz
While I won't make any conclusions from that "info", I will ask a related question.

Who is actually using the RTG mode? I'm not trying to be condescending, but that mode bores me after 5-10 minutes with it. I'm assuming trying to be a CB in RTG is a nightmare.
I play it once in awhile as a break from my offline dynasty. Maybe once every couple of weeks or so at the most.

# 63 illwill10 @ 03/11/11 12:44 PM
Quote:

I use it a lot. I like "Be a Pro" modes.
I dont have to worry about recruiting.
It is long due for a overhaul

# 64 da ThRONe @ 03/11/11 12:55 PM
Quote:

True RTG is unplayable ,but thats because it sucks. I'm addicted to "My Player" because it's done well. If RTG will be fun in NCAA 12 I will spend a lot of time playing. I doubt they can whip it into shape in one year ,but 2k 10 "My Player" was damn good after one cycle. Especially if I can carry the experience over to Madden 12.

# 65 illwill10 @ 03/11/11 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
True RTG is unplayable ,but thats because it sucks. I'm addicted to "My Player" because it's done well. If RTG will be fun in NCAA 12 I will spend a lot of time playing. I doubt they can whip it into shape in one year ,but 2k 10 "My Player" was damn good after one cycle. Especially if I can carry the experience over to Madden 12.
Agreed. It isnt playable but I still like it
If it was as good as My Player or RTTS then people wouldnt be complaining.

# 66 Miden @ 03/11/11 01:29 PM
I'd be more open to RtG being the main focus of the game if they could actually make it fun, varied, and interesting. In my opinion they would basically have to completely rework the entire mode to make that happen.

# 67 illwill10 @ 03/11/11 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miden
I'd be more open to RtG being the main focus of the game if they could actually make it fun, varied, and interesting. In my opinion they would basically have to completely rework the entire mode to make that happen.
I am all for it being overhauled. Besides Superstar mode it is one of the worst Be a PRo mode. Because like all of the features added dont get fixed yearly or even bi-yearly. Ex. Teambuilder, RTG, Defense.
I mostly only play Be a Pro modes. But Dynasty and Defense needs to be main Priority. But a lot of people are acting like there is only one team of people working on the gameplay and career modes. There are separate teams that work on each mode.

# 68 jwilphl @ 03/11/11 03:13 PM
As has been said, these aren't really features. They are vagaries in what amounts to a hinting press release disguised as "features." Sure there is some specificity, but really I feel like these same things are said each and every year.

It is early so I really don't care, but don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. Hopefully there are actual substantive improvements that will be discussed soon enough. I'm looking mostly for improved offline dynasty, although by these sentences I'm not entirely sure it touches that point.

# 69 maddguuns @ 03/11/11 05:04 PM
This has told me exactly nothing about the upcoming game.

# 70 knighthawksfan @ 03/11/11 05:19 PM
I can't wait for ncaa football 12 comes out I got to make sure I order that thing immediately, go hawkeyes!!!!!! get back to a BCS Bowl.

# 71 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 03/11/11 05:39 PM
I'm going to tale a guess that the reason they do not release information is simply a marketing technique. If you just explode information at the last moment, it drives up a hype machine, and people will get the urge to buy it.

The other tactic I see used (particularly in games that do not have annual sequels) is the slowly release information and drive up the hype machine slowly. Usually by releasing early screenshots, and some general outline of the features. (I see this used by Paradox Interactive, not sure how many other publishers/developer use this.)

Quite frankly EA is not a consumer friendly company. Tiburon and most of the other studios that use EA as a publisher typically do not release information until the coming months prior to release.

So to put this on topic, do not expect any real information form EA until about 2 months before the release.

# 72 EA_Alex_Howell @ 03/11/11 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I'm going to tale a guess that the reason they do not release information is simply a marketing technique. If you just explode information at the last moment, it drives up a hype machine, and people will get the urge to buy it.

The other tactic I see used (particularly in games that do not have annual sequels) is the slowly release information and drive up the hype machine slowly. Usually by releasing early screenshots, and some general outline of the features. (I see this used by Paradox Interactive, not sure how many other publishers/developer use this.)

Quite frankly EA is not a consumer friendly company. Tiburon and most of the other studios that use EA as a publisher typically do not release information until the coming months prior to release.

So to put this on topic, do not expect any real information form EA until about 2 months before the release.
wrong. and i put it in pink because its just that wrong.

# 73 Miden @ 03/11/11 06:37 PM
Quote:

The developers actually do start revealing game features for NCAA about this time. They are a bit behind on releasing info from what they were last year, but I think we should be getting some good info on game features within the next few weeks.

# 74 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 03/11/11 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Alex_Howell
wrong. and i put it in pink because its just that wrong.
Hopefully I am wrong. Forgive me if I am a bit skeptical about this, as I have found almost every EA published "next-gen" football game to be rather dissapointing due to the obvious flaws and lack of polish and innovation in the gameplay department.

Again hoepfully I am wrong.

Edit: I would have highlighted the obvious typos in my post as well.

# 75 EA_Alex_Howell @ 03/11/11 07:07 PM
Quote:
Hopefully I am wrong. Forgive me if I am a bit skeptical about this, as I have found almost every EA published "next-gen" football game to be rather dissapointing due to the obvious flaws and lack of polish and innovation in the gameplay department.

Again hoepfully I am wrong.

Edit: I would have highlighted the obvious typos in my post as well.
haha its cool dude. i was just messing with you. while we have yet to post any official information, its definitely coming soon. Kaiser, atleast your name isnt in pink like mine

# 76 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 03/11/11 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Alex_Howell
haha its cool dude. i was just messing with you. while we have yet to post any official information, its definitely coming soon. Kaiser, atleast your name isnt in pink like mine
Cool.

I apologize if that last post came off a bit hostile, as that was not the intent. Rather just trying to explain my perspective.

Also I am taking a high school computer programming class, and I can say, getting the computer to do what I want can be a pain in the neck.

# 77 maximized98 @ 03/11/11 08:17 PM
I'm hoping to hear that running qb's will run. I would also like for there to be a halftime show. Just something showing other scores and maybe some highlights would be awesome.

# 78 hurricanefootball4 @ 03/11/11 08:31 PM
Nice to see an EA developer in here, the hardcore fans are getting antsy!

I will give them credit for NCAA Football 11, it's March of 2011 and started a new dynasty last week.

I have high hopes for NCAA 2012, and with the NFL season in limbo, all things NCAA football related could be in for a bigger year - hopefully they take advantage

A screenshot of a guy from Miami with dreads would hold me over in terms of info for about a month

# 79 xBaBaBooeyx @ 03/11/11 10:44 PM
Very generic information. Makes me nervous.

# 80 Tengo Juego @ 03/11/11 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
Ehh I hope road to glory is not the main focus.. unless it is ridiculously well done.. which probably wont happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I just hope Road to Glory is not the main focus of this game. That would be a major letdown.

Improved atmosphere and overall presentation would be great though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagskerfan
Road to Glory is a stupid waste of time and space. They could add more to the game if they overhauled that feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Amen!!!!

Not a fan at all of these "My player / Superstar / Single player" type modes. PLEASE don't let this be the focus this year.

Enhanced presentation however....I can dig that big time!!
I'm trying to find any string of text that even hints at it being "the focus" this iteration. The mode is already called Road to Glory, why would it be switched? It seems as though Road to Nat'l Championship could be a new dynasty-like focused mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
RTG hasnt been any type of focus in years. Besides a tweak a few years back it hasnt touched at all. So it deserves to be improved/overhaul
I'm with you. The mode has been pretty much the same since it's introduction in 06. One could make the argument that it's regressed since then.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.