Home
News Post

As most of you are aware, EA Tiburon has taken over the reigns of the next NBA simulation basketball game from EA Sports. It was just announced that the new game will not be released until the fall of 2012.

From the press release...

Quote:
"EA SPORTS has also announced that it will launch its next NBA simulation title in fall 2012.

“As planned, our next NBA simulation title is in development at our Tiburon Studio in Orlando,” said Peter Moore, President, EA SPORTS. “We have top talent on the game, and we’re giving the new development team time to deliver a superior experience. We’re making great strides and looking forward to launching a new game next year."

Member Comments
# 41 mvb34 @ 04/07/11 11:15 AM
Cool can't wait to see what EA Trubron will do...

# 42 sportyguyfl31 @ 04/07/11 01:44 PM
I hope some major heads rolled over this whole debacle.

I liked what they were attempting to do...hopefully they are able to execute.

# 43 Muzyk23 @ 04/07/11 02:15 PM
if they fail in 2012 it's over..it's do or die for them right now

# 44 loloben @ 04/07/11 08:53 PM
I want to see what this game is like. EA always seemed to be behind 2k in gameplay (by a lot) but always had a couple of cool features.

# 45 da ThRONe @ 04/07/11 09:19 PM
The real question here is if Tiburion will adopt or abandon the RTP's approach. I know one thing EA need to put together a team and get started ASAP. If they plan on putting together a product that can get their fan base back after two years away

# 46 CX1329 @ 04/07/11 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The real question here is if Tiburion will adopt or abandon the RTP's approach. I know one thing EA need to put together a team and get started ASAP. If they plan on putting together a product that can get their fan base back after two years away

I'm thinking they will use physics in one way or another, but the physics won't be a crucial part of the game like in Elite 11. That's just my guess, though.

# 47 da ThRONe @ 04/07/11 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
I'm thinking they will use physics in one way or another, but the physics won't be a crucial part of the game like in Elite 11. That's just my guess, though.
I hope they stick with RTP it's what's most likely to separate the franchise(provided the other guys aren't using it come 2013). The two things that killed Elite was it wasn't complete which was plain as day and it was generic. If they can give us a complete game (which is the bare minimal) and have all the players with all their authentic play styles EA will have a competitive product.

# 48 coolcras7 @ 04/08/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I hope they stick with RTP it's what's most likely to separate the franchise(provided the other guys aren't using it come 2013). The two things that killed Elite was it wasn't complete which was plain as day and it was generic. If they can give us a complete game (which is the bare minimal) and have all the players with all their authentic play styles EA will have a competitive product.
Elite 11 was never RTP that was just a gimmick they were using.

# 49 BlueNGold @ 04/09/11 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
However, wouldn't it be prudent to make minor upgrades to 2k12 and save major gameplay updates for when EA releases Elite/Live in 2012?
Not really.

Like Radja said, 2K is driving the nail deeper into the EA basketball coffin with every year off EA takes. Now is the perfect time for them to keep pushing their own game as much as possible because the spotlight is only on them. It was clear to me that that played a pretty big role in 2K11's success.

# 50 moonpie3 @ 04/09/11 03:47 PM
I'm not really a easports fan but I hope they do something we haven't seen be4.like use crytek engine or unreal or something that will blow our mind cause I'm sick of 2k's engine...if they do that then say bye bye 2k

# 51 Boilerbuzz @ 04/11/11 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie3
I'm not really a easports fan but I hope they do something we haven't seen be4.like use crytek engine or unreal or something that will blow our mind cause I'm sick of 2k's engine...if they do that then say bye bye 2k
No offense, but you just don't know how laughable this idea is. But to give you an example of how bad it can be, here's a tidbit for you: BCFX is based is UE... 3 I think.

# 52 moonpie3 @ 04/11/11 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
No offense, but you just don't know how laughable this idea is. But to give you an example of how bad it can be, here's a tidbit for you: BCFX is based is UE... 3 I think.
Ok 1st I never heard of this game 2nd who makes bcfx ...I've seen the gameplay which is bad and looks like no money was put into the game and you telling me that if ea or 2k put the money in the game,keep the same gameplay just change the code/engine that it won't work....lmao who knows,maybe your right but maybe your wrong and ea needs to take a risk or its over for live/elite.

# 53 Boilerbuzz @ 04/11/11 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie3
Ok 1st I never heard of this game 2nd who makes bcfx ...I've seen the gameplay which is bad and looks like no money was put into the game and you telling me that if ea or 2k put the money in the game,keep the same gameplay just change the code/engine that it won't work....lmao who knows,maybe your right but maybe your wrong and ea needs to take a risk or its over for live/elite.
Maybe. I just know enough to say that using middleware is OK when you don't know what you're doing. Now it's debatable if either company can claim to be "great" at anything - but both companies have enough talent to do graphics on their own. Why pay 6 figures to another company, get shoddy support, only to end up with a product that a glossy looking Frankenstein of a mess.

Maybe I'm a snob about these things. But I don't see a sports developer wanting to use an expensive, 3rd party engine from a company that makes a shooters till the cows come home.

End the end, for the record, graphics was the least of Elite's problems.

# 54 canes21 @ 04/11/11 08:48 PM
Crytek in a basketball game? They'd have to delay the game until 2015 just to see if a basketball game could work on the engine.

# 55 coolcras7 @ 04/12/11 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Crytek in a basketball game? They'd have to delay the game until 2015 just to see if a basketball game could work on the engine.
Would never run on this generation of consoles.

# 56 moonpie3 @ 04/12/11 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Maybe. I just know enough to say that using middleware is OK when you don't know what you're doing. Now it's debatable if either company can claim to be "great" at anything - but both companies have enough talent to do graphics on their own. Why pay 6 figures to another company, get shoddy support, only to end up with a product that a glossy looking Frankenstein of a mess.

Maybe I'm a snob about these things. But I don't see a sports developer wanting to use an expensive, 3rd party engine from a company that makes a shooters till the cows come home.

End the end, for the record, graphics was the least of Elite's problems.
You right ...I'm just hoping for the best

# 57 daniverson1973 @ 04/12/11 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Not really.

Like Radja said, 2K is driving the nail deeper into the EA basketball coffin with every year off EA takes. Now is the perfect time for them to keep pushing their own game as much as possible because the spotlight is only on them. It was clear to me that that played a pretty big role in 2K11's success.
a little off subject-so is THQ....EA has already permanently lost my business as far as basketball games (live) and mma (their masterpiece-turned fraud mma experiment)

what they did with their blunders, was literally introduce a loyal year-after-year live fan to nba2k and the same with eamma - ufcundisputed, and honestly, im glad they did

# 58 Evan_OS @ 04/13/11 05:00 PM
For one thing I wouldn't mind another Basketball game out in the market just have something new to try out. Why I hope they get this game launched in 2012 is I've got a feeling 2K might take a year or to off they're game. EA at least needs to stay in the rear view mirror.

# 59 coolcras7 @ 04/15/11 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
For one thing I wouldn't mind another Basketball game out in the market just have something new to try out. Why I hope they get this game launched in 2012 is I've got a feeling 2K might take a year or to off they're game. EA at least needs to stay in the rear view mirror.
The guys at 2k are way to passionate about basketball and the 2k series to just coast this year, they have another opportunity to widen their gap over EA and they will surely take it serious.

# 60 savoie2006 @ 04/15/11 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk826
Stick a fork in this franchise.
I wouldn't say this. It may be a blessing for the game. I would rather them make sure they are gonna get it right, then try to force the issue. NBA 2K isn't gonna improve THAT much.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.