Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

Fight Night Champion title update #2 is coming soon. A new tuner will be released early next week to address the jab spamming issues.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 81 fistofrage @ 04/26/11 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
No the CPU gets up only twice.
Yeah, I see that sometimes on GOAT, but my point is the human can get up 4 times EVERY time. Its literally impossible to lose.

# 82 Hova57 @ 04/27/11 12:17 AM
Here ya go!!!

I didn't see anything bout 1pko

# 83 RnRexpress3423 @ 04/27/11 06:57 AM
I deleted the patch and while I do miss the DLC, it,s great to have damage and fights go the distance once in a while.

# 84 acts238shaun @ 04/27/11 08:04 AM
On the blog it says jabs/straights no longer turn into hooks in close...I think I'm liking that.

# 85 fistofrage @ 04/27/11 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
Yeah I found upon deleting the cache (360 user) and playing the game with the 1st patch and not the tuner, that it was the patch that took out the 1pkos and damage. Then I upgraded to the tuner again and played with it. I'd assume that only a patch can bring back the 1pkos/damage.
How do you delete the tuner? I cleared my cache, but the tuner appeared to still be there and my game froze. I say the tuner was still there because after the game froze I decided to hook the system back up to the internet and when I booted it back up, it loaded the patch again, but I was not prompted to load the tuner.

What else do I need to do besides clearing the cache.

# 86 DaveDQ @ 04/27/11 10:10 AM
OWC Impressions

Just put in one fight under the new tuner. Last night, before they installed it, I removed all my boxers in OWC with the intent of starting from scratch. I fought today with my middleweight guy at a rating of 79 vs a guy rated 81. He was not very good and was trying to spam the jab to the body. The jab does lose speed quicker and slows down to where it's basically ineffective. I think though that the tactic for many will be the same: Try and quickly jab to the body a few times and run off, hoping to win the fight by decision.

Stamina has been adjusted to where you have more of it throughout the fight but I like how it is right now. In my first few rounds I held back on punches, getting a 10-12% return when getting back to my corner. In round six though I threw kind of heavy and only got 1% in return. I liked that. I can only imagine what was happening with my opponent as he was trying every kind of way to win, from spamming the jab to throwing excessive power punches.

I did get a great result that showed what the tuner has done. I think it was round 8 where he was throwing way too many punches and I hit him with a right hook that got me a flash knockdown. It was very sudden and very rewarding because it was appropriate. I then stunned him again and he didn't get up after the second knock down.

So I see everything represented in the tuner that they mentioned. Rookies that are low in rating (78/79) do not get stunned as easy. I was stunned once in that fight and he threw a bunch of power. The jab slows down much faster now, but I'd still like to see a guy that crouches get knocked down for leaving himself so open. Stamina has a new twist where the recovery in between rounds really varies in what you put out during a round.

More time needs to be spent with it though.

# 87 fistofrage @ 04/27/11 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
OWC Impressions

Just put in one fight under the new tuner. Last night, before they installed it, I removed all my boxers in OWC with the intent of starting from scratch. I fought today with my middleweight guy at a rating of 79 vs a guy rated 81. He was not very good and was trying to spam the jab to the body. The jab does lose speed quicker and slows down to where it's basically ineffective. I think though that the tactic for many will be the same: Try and quickly jab to the body a few times and run off, hoping to win the fight by decision.

Stamina has been adjusted to where you have more of it throughout the fight but I like how it is right now. In my first few rounds I held back on punches, getting a 10-12% return when getting back to my corner. In round six though I threw kind of heavy and only got 1% in return. I liked that. I can only imagine what was happening with my opponent as he was trying every kind of way to win, from spamming the jab to throwing excessive power punches.

I did get a great result that showed what the tuner has done. I think it was round 8 where he was throwing way too many punches and I hit him with a right hook that got me a flash knockdown. It was very sudden and very rewarding because it was appropriate. I then stunned him again and he didn't get up after the second knock down.

So I see everything represented in the tuner that they mentioned. Rookies that are low in rating (78/79) do not get stunned as easy. I was stunned once in that fight and he threw a bunch of power. The jab slows down much faster now, but I'd still like to see a guy that crouches get knocked down for leaving himself so open. Stamina has a new twist where the recovery in between rounds really varies in what you put out during a round.

More time needs to be spent with it though.
From all I have read, its a step in the right direction for online. Hopefully now, offline requests will be addressed.

# 88 DaveDQ @ 04/27/11 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
From all I have read, its a step in the right direction for online. Hopefully now, offline requests will be addressed.
I'm going to mess with offline some as I want to start my legacy but I really want it to be a little more unexpected than it is right now. Offline for me is very repetitive in my opinion.

# 89 fistofrage @ 04/27/11 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm going to mess with offline some as I want to start my legacy but I really want it to be a little more unexpected than it is right now. Offline for me is very repetitive in my opinion.

Yeah, I won the HW title in under 15 fights. I fought Mike Tyson to unify the belts and he knocked me down twice in the 2nd and twice in the 4th with some vicious shots, but I popped right back up and eventually KO'd him in the 10th round. He knocked me down 4 times because I was reckless and just trying to throw with him but I knew I could get up each time. Once I got knocked down for the 4th time, I started boxing like I sdhould and dismantled him.

There is no danger in this game presently. I play on GOAT and it would be very hard to lose post patch. I will test the tuner tonight on legacy, but I doubt it made much difference for offline.

# 90 foo55 @ 04/27/11 01:26 PM
Played a couple fights online and my initial impressions are pretty good. Punches seem much heavier now, brawlers are way more dangerous. Stamina is way up but endurance has been tweaked too. I noticed a big difference between 99 and 95% stamina.

And definitely no body jab spam

# 91 DaveDQ @ 04/27/11 01:38 PM
As it stands, stamina loss is tied to punch efficiency in a huge way. you have to land punches or you won't see much regeneration in between rounds. I played 3 fights at lunch and they all ended by round 4. If you come out swinging you are extremely vulnerable to being knocked out.

# 92 NYG_Meth @ 04/27/11 02:32 PM
Are we playing the same game?

I have had 3 fights. Spamming has become seemingly 100x more powerful.

My last 2 fights, I landed 63% and 56% to 35% and 32% respectively. Both times, my opponent spammed straight punches. Both times, I was knocked down 4 times. The power boost allows them to easily break through my guard and rock me with the same bull**** punch being thrown over and over again. I try and box and fight smart like I always do, but in both of those fights, I stood zero chance.

In attempting to fix the problem, somehow they made it SO much worse...

# 93 foo55 @ 04/27/11 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Are we playing the same game?

I have had 3 fights. Spamming has become seemingly 100x more powerful.

My last 2 fights, I landed 63% and 56% to 35% and 32% respectively. Both times, my opponent spammed straight punches. Both times, I was knocked down 4 times. The power boost allows them to easily break through my guard and rock me with the same bull**** punch being thrown over and over again. I try and box and fight smart like I always do, but in both of those fights, I stood zero chance.

In attempting to fix the problem, somehow they made it SO much worse...
oh god

ive never been one to say anything bad about this game but this tuner patch is sort of a disappointment

its playing like the demo now where people are throwing 110+ punches a round to win fights. the stamina doesnt drain enough that the later rounds are significantly different in action.

i think the vocal minority that wishes this game was a slugfest like fnr4 have won the dev team over

maybe my mind will change after a few more fights

# 94 Lakers 24 7 @ 04/27/11 02:54 PM
ugh, why would they add more stamina!? I was going to buy the game, but definitely not anymore.

# 95 fistofrage @ 04/27/11 02:55 PM
How is the AI playing offline now?

# 96 foo55 @ 04/27/11 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
How is the AI playing offline now?
I haven't gotten a chance to try it out but with the opinion I've developed over playing online I'm not even sure if I'm interested

# 97 Lakers 24 7 @ 04/27/11 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
Once you delete your cache, your tuner is deleted also. I tested this first hand. After clearing my cache, I played a few matches and had the kos and damage back of course, but didn't like the gameplay. I then got the patch and played some more. The jabs werent effective, and definately not as fast as they were post tuner. There was also no offsetting. Then I got the tuner again, and experienced the above.

How can you judge their adding of more stamina to be bad when you haven't played with the tuner sets/patch to see how it works?
I know someone who has the game, so I've played the full version (before any patches) and felt that stamina was already too high. You could already throw 100+ punches per round with anyone, and the overall pace of the game was just too fast. By adding more stamina I don't see how that's going to slow the pace or take punch stats down.

# 98 foo55 @ 04/27/11 04:29 PM
i was 96-35 in owc and 33-8 in h2h, far from being a cheeser, never body spammed, considered myself a decent player

since this tuner i have yet to win a single round

every match ive played so far has featured guys throwing 100+ punches a round and winning most likely on that merit alone since i have consistently had a higher connect rate leading me to believe the scoring has been changed too

ive adapted over the years to everything but im not really interested in this whatsoever

# 99 Money99 @ 04/27/11 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo55
i was 96-35 in owc and 33-8 in h2h, far from being a cheeser, never body spammed, considered myself a decent player

since this tuner i have yet to win a single round

every match ive played so far has featured guys throwing 100+ punches a round and winning most likely on that merit alone since i have consistently had a higher connect rate leading me to believe the scoring has been changed too

ive adapted over the years to everything but im not really interested in this whatsoever
Sounds like the only way to fix this is for the devs to change how fights are scored.
If Player A's connect rate was less than 30% and he threw >100 punches, and Player B connected at 40% with >30 punches, Player B wins the round.
Something dumb like that.

These kind of impressions only reinforce my disdain for online play. That's all EA cares about today.
And because 90% of the people online wouldn't know a sport if they were slammed in the grill with one, they play unrealistically and want to be rewarded for it.
Guaranteed, a great, great majority of these cheesers online would love it if they only had to press A 100 times in order to win a fight.
They don't care how they win, just as long as they win. And EA caters to them.

Meanwhile, while the devs pour hours and hours into fixing online issues, the offline guys get the same stale legacy mode we've been fed for the past 20 years.

I'm just glad I didn't buy this game yet. It seems that all FNC has turned into is one giant cluster-bleep where the consumers are PAYING EA to be their beta testers.

I don't blame the devs. I really don't. I think they're given their orders from above and they have to stick to it. And the Suits in the offices tell them to cowtow to the masses even if it means making an unrealistic sports game.

I just wish they'd play NBA2K11 and see how well received a truly deep and simulated sports game can be.

# 100 DaveDQ @ 04/27/11 04:52 PM
Completely disagree. If you make these guys miss they are extremely vulnerable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.