Home
Madden 12 News Post

I'm putting together a small group in the morning to discuss franchise mode tuning. No new features will be discussed until we release info on them publicly.

You MUST be a hardcore franchise mode fan, have played franchise in Madden 11 and know what I'm talking about when I discuss progression, re-sign logic, draft trades, etc.

You must also have a facebook profile.

This is your chance to have an impact on the tuning of franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.

Send me a message on Twitter (@Josh_Looman) by tomorrow morning if interested with your bio and why you should be a part of the group.

I want constructive, reasonable participants...not angry guys that just want to argue.

As I said, the group will be really small...so don't feel bad if you aren't picked.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jethrobag @ 04/21/11 08:37 AM
Josh, I tried to send you a message, not sure if it worked. I don't use twitter much, but I would love to help. I am a huge offline franchise guy.
Thanks.

# 22 Other Guy @ 04/21/11 09:06 AM
Man, I would looooove to help out with this. Offline franchise is all I play. With NFL being #1 for me and Madden being the only NFL game, I'd say offline franchise in Madden is probably the single most important aspect in gaming for me.

Unfortunately, I don't have Twitter, and I didn't play M11. (When they said there were no upgrades to offline franchise in M11, it was pointless for me to buy it.)

Those of you who do get in, do us proud.

# 23 mm boost @ 04/21/11 09:19 AM
I played the piss out of my madden 2011 franchise, and did the draft classes and all that from NCAA. For anyone questioning my depth in a dynasty/franchise mode, please see the link in my sig to my Virginia Tech dynasty on NCAA 2011. I guess you could say that I am a "little" hardcore into offline dynasties/franchise.

BUT, I don't have twitter .

I really wished I could participate in this. I have facebook, but not twitter.

# 24 mavfan21 @ 04/21/11 10:29 AM
Tweet sent.

Really hoping to help out. I only play offline Franchise Mode. I have never played anything but.

# 25 Vaporub83 @ 04/21/11 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimsGiants
Josh does that mean progression, re-sign logic, draft trades, etc not in online franchise then?
I don't think it was meant like that, I think he meant he didn't want online franchise only guys to be apart of the group. The online guys didn't have interaction with the tune-able logic he is trying to get feedback on.

# 26 goodygoody @ 04/21/11 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I played the piss out of my madden 2011 franchise, and did the draft classes and all that from NCAA. For anyone questioning my depth in a dynasty/franchise mode, please see the link in my sig to my Virginia Tech dynasty on NCAA 2011. I guess you could say that I am a "little" hardcore into offline dynasties/franchise.

BUT, I don't have twitter .

I really wished I could participate in this. I have facebook, but not twitter.
lol welp.. beats me.. anybody who plays that much deserves a spot on the team.

# 27 BenjiA @ 04/21/11 10:55 AM
count me in.

I have been a big fan of the Head Coach 09 game and would like to be an assistant for this year's franchise mode. Count me in if you want. I'm reliable.

# 28 SlackJawedYokel @ 04/21/11 11:00 AM
I know this isn't supposed to be an open forum, but for those who get picked here are a few ideas for the progression tuning that maybe someone wants to mention:

The concept of Booms/Busts is good but it needs to be tweaked and we need some control over it. If a player has an A potential there needs to be a # of factors that will dictate whether he reaches it or not...besides just the potential rating.

Manual training drills need to be brought back into the game. These should allow us to manually add progression points ALONG WITH INCREASING THE CHANCES OF A PLAYER REACHING HIS POTENTIAL...if that player becomes one of our main focuses with training/practice. We need to have control over what players we focus the drills on and for those with a high potential this will play a siginificant part in determining how much they progress. So if we have a player with a B potential and one with an A potential. and we focus training/practice time on the B potential and not the A that player will still progress more than the A.

The point is I think we need some control but obviously some players given the same practice/training focus will progress much more than others.

I think the factors that should determine progression should be: Actual potential - Training/Practice - Age - Actual in game performance - Coaching. That's in order of importance. So each of those would have an effect but a different significance/weight on the total. So we have some control over it and enough variables to keep it interesting.

That's my .02

Also we need draftshare like NBA2k11...And the ability to edit every single player rookies/existing --- We need the ability to customize all attibutes.

# 29 mm boost @ 04/21/11 01:05 PM
I think what Josh Looman should do is pick a pool of people, and then have us (fellow OS'ers) vote on the guys he should pick with like a poll type thing. That way we know we are getting good quality guys helping on this aspect of the game. Cause anyone could tweet him and say I played offline franchise for 11teen seasons, and then it turns out their attention to detail isn't what some other guy's could be, and that they don't care about certain aspects of the game that is more important to most other people.

That is just my thoughts.

# 30 parrothead @ 04/21/11 01:29 PM
I don't think he's looking for suggestions, just people to look at the stuff he already has.

# 31 patsfan188 @ 04/21/11 03:10 PM
Just scrap potential!!! Make progression based on how the player has played in their games. If people want to boost stats to make the game fun for them, then let them!!

# 32 rooney8 @ 04/21/11 04:05 PM
Think I would be good for this since I have done a fair bit of programming so understand the logic behind things but gave Madden11 a miss this year. Really like how he wants hardcore franchise guys, probably won't be giving Madden12 a miss so. Just for those that are picked I obviously like things tuned in line with real life as much as possible but under done is better than over done. It's a fine line between challenging and frustrating. Best of luck and thanks for the effort.

# 33 mike24forever @ 04/21/11 06:06 PM
People cannot read! Wow, people on this board never cease to amaze me.

# 34 CM Hooe @ 04/21/11 06:16 PM
Would love to participate and I think this is a cool move to reach out to the community, but I sorta disqualify myself in that I didn't even complete a single season of franchise in Madden 11. I do hope that changes this upcoming year.

# 35 kwpit79 @ 04/21/11 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I think what Josh Looman should do is pick a pool of people, and then have us (fellow OS'ers) vote on the guys he should pick with like a poll type thing. That way we know we are getting good quality guys helping on this aspect of the game.

That is just my thoughts.
This is what I would love to see as well.

# 36 rangerrick012 @ 04/21/11 11:53 PM
Well I didn't play franchise in M11 (since I didn't buy it) so I guess I'm disqualified. But good luck to those that are chosen, hopefully this yields the results needed to get Franchise mode in Madden back on track.

# 37 Reejer @ 04/22/11 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
Man, I would looooove to help out with this. Offline franchise is all I play. With NFL being #1 for me and Madden being the only NFL game, I'd say offline franchise in Madden is probably the single most important aspect in gaming for me.

Unfortunately, I don't have Twitter, and I didn't play M11. (When they said there were no upgrades to offline franchise in M11, it was pointless for me to buy it.)

Those of you who do get in, do us proud.
Amen, I only attempted M-11 on the PS2, so I don't think that I would be a candidate (even though I have been an Offline only player since the inception of Madden, and a huge F-Mode guy). And I don't Tweet or Facebook, so I guess I will be out in the cold on this one.

I wish that I could put some input into aspects of Offline F-Mode. Esp. since progression/regression and the potential rating, have been two of my biggest gripes of the PS3/360 versions of Madden. I hope that the group that you pick (or have picked) is worthy.

Josh, it is nice to see you out of the MUT hole and back to where you really shine. It's funny, just seeing your thread has boosted my anticipation for M-12's F-Mode. Give'em hell Mr. Looman, You can be the savior of Madden for all of us Offliners.

# 38 KuruptOwnz @ 04/22/11 01:40 PM
I was worried that the "franchise overhaul" promised last year for this year was scrapped, due in part to the departure of Ian.

If I could only nominate, I would to throw Playmakers in the discussion. So, hopefully he has already thrown his name in.

# 39 hampshire2012 @ 04/22/11 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruptOwnz
I was worried that the "franchise overhaul" promised last year for this year was scrapped, due in part to the departure of Ian.
I doubt Ian's departure would have any effect whatsoever on Madden 12's franchise mode. He left way after the new coding was done, its all polish from late March onwards.

# 40 KuruptOwnz @ 04/22/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
I doubt Ian's departure would have any effect whatsoever on Madden 12's franchise mode. He left way after the new coding was done, its all polish from late March onwards.
A good point, however, I'm reading more threads about some new "three year plan" and now again I'm concerned, heh.

This is certainly is going in the right direction though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.