Home
Madden 12 News Post

EA has put out a press release giving more information about Browns RB Peyton Hillis' victory in the Madden NFL Cover Tournament and more detail about new features in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
"Peyton Hillis, running back for the Cleveland Browns, was selected by millions of fans across the country to grace the cover of Madden NFL 12. Hillis, a No. 10 seed, defeated former Madden NFL 04 cover athlete and No. 3 seed Michael Vick (QB, Eagles) in the finals of an unprecedented campaign with ESPN.com and SportsNation that allowed fans to determine, by an online vote that was open to the public, the player to be featured on the cover of Madden NFL 12 when the game launches on August 30.

• Franchise mode includes more than 100 new features and enhancements, including expanded rosters, an all-new rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system, and more.

• In Superstar mode, fans can now control the growth of their superstar with an all-new progression system that allows you to earn skill points by participating in practice and games. More details on Franchise and Superstar modes will be released on May 16."

Source- Peyton Hillis is on the cover, and new features are here!

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Armor and Sword @ 04/28/11 11:42 AM
Forgot to mention....CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Friggin awesome.

# 22 brza37 @ 04/28/11 11:46 AM
Wow, the info is really exceeding my expectations. Need to see some gameplay vids to believe it all.

This was the year they told us to watch out for franchise improvements. "100 new features and enhancements, including expanded rosters, an all-new rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system" sounds a bit like HC 09.
Can't wait till May 16th

# 23 ch46647 @ 04/28/11 11:53 AM
It mentions "ball physics"! To some this may seem like a meaningless feature but I have wanted this in forever now. I hate when the ball is dropped or bounces and it spins all over the place and looks like a magnet. Or when the ball is fumbled it is just dropped to the ground like its full of lead.

I want to hear, "and see", more about this....

# 24 Hova57 @ 04/28/11 11:53 AM
I know he hasn't been there for the entire cycle as a paid employee but maybe lurking in the area but Adem I would like to personally thank

# 25 Inapprope @ 04/28/11 12:01 PM
After skipping 11 because I felt there wasn't that much progression I now find myself unable to wait 4 more months. I really don't think it's possible. Looks like EA is finally making an effort here. Big props to them.

# 26 DavidmOrtiz15 @ 04/28/11 12:03 PM
This is the happiest I've seen football fans in forever, im so excited. Everything is great right now, i hope the features to come just make this game a perfect 10 out of 10. Good Job EA. Dependingg on how this game turns out, you maybe be able to put 2k talks to rest. Lets see with the commentary andd gameplay.

# 27 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 04/28/11 01:20 PM
EXPANDED ROSTERS!?!?!?!?

*head splodes

# 28 Broncos86 @ 04/28/11 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
EXPANDED ROSTERS!?!?!?!?

*head splodes
exactly! And I'm intrigued by this dynamic player performance aspect. I miss the days of Tecmo Bowl, where a player's status could change throughout the week or even the game. LT in "excellent" condition was a force.

# 29 bh446066 @ 04/28/11 01:47 PM
How big were the rosters in Madden 11? Weren't they 55 players? How much more could they expand?

# 30 canes21 @ 04/28/11 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
How big were the rosters in Madden 11? Weren't they 55 players? How much more could they expand?
To 80 players.

# 31 Bull_Dozer @ 04/28/11 02:07 PM
All the fancy presentation and graphics is neat, I guess... but what stands out for me is:

- Franchise mode includes more than 100 new features and enhancements, including expanded rosters, an all-new rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system, and more.

- Dynamic Player Performance is an all-new feature that creates unprecedented realism as a player’s skills and confidence will rise and fall based on his performance throughout a game or in Franchise mode, just like the real NFL.

Sounds awesome.

# 32 imex99 @ 04/28/11 03:01 PM
We going to be playing some online franchises?

Swyped from my HTC Evo with Eternal Prophecy 5.5 ROM.

# 33 aTTckr @ 04/28/11 03:21 PM
To everybody that said NCAA will blow out Madden again this year like last year: Not so fast my friend! This looks like last gen football only much better. So excited! Ian if this is your parting present to us you will be remembered forever

# 34 Smoke6 @ 04/28/11 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Forgot to mention....CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Friggin awesome.
Not feeling this at all for online play, it will be a pain in the butt. I know everyone will have or run about the same plays as the next guy and so it may be easily countered, but this is gonna take away from that authentic feel from all this authentic news today.

# 35 MMurda @ 04/28/11 04:28 PM
sounds good so far. i need gameplay vids now! and i cant wait to find out what these over 100 franchise improvements are. i had 10 and skipped 11...but this one sounds like another 10 (ie enough improvements to warrant a purchase). cant wait to get more info.

cant say im 100% on the ea hype train...but i cant lie and say im not running next to it thinking about hitching a ride

# 36 oneamongthefence @ 04/28/11 04:40 PM
So many of those ideas sound like they were born in this forum.

# 37 davidd @ 04/28/11 07:26 PM
Hyped hyped hyped, Madden 2012 boner commence!!!!

# 38 Armor and Sword @ 04/28/11 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Not feeling this at all for online play, it will be a pain in the butt. I know everyone will have or run about the same plays as the next guy and so it may be easily countered, but this is gonna take away from that authentic feel from all this authentic news today.

Not an online player....I hear you though. But for offline...I am loving this.

# 39 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/28/11 08:57 PM
Expanded rosters and new tackling system and so on. It is really sounding good for madden this year. I'm just looking forward to the franchise blog coming up in mid may. Can't wait to see the info.

# 40 MrJ2006 @ 04/28/11 09:56 PM
Maybe on top of pre season rosters expanded, we could also get practice squads?

I'm liking all this info!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.