Home
iOOTP 2011 News Post

Check out some more screenshots, right here.

Out of the Park Developments is proud to announce the release of iOOTP Baseball 2011, an exciting new iOS game for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad that puts players in control of a major league baseball team. It's driven by OOTP's Out of the Park Baseball engine, which has provided stunningly realistic baseball simulations on PC, Mac, and Linux for over a decade. In addition, it's the only game of its kind currently available at the App Store.

Touch Arcade had this to say about iOOTP in a preview: "Simulation fans that dig the MLB really shouldn’t miss out on iOOTP — it’s a sharp game with a snappy and native-feeling interface, full of the kind of complexity you’d expect."

Available now at Apple's iOS App Store for just US$4.99, iOOTP Baseball 2011 offers many of the same features as its big brother, including:
  • Complete major league rosters with real players and teams. Will the San Francisco Giants, led by Tim "The Freak" Lincecum and a "Fear the Beard" cast, be able to defend their championship? Can Jayson Werth and Stephen Strasburg lift the Washington Nationals out of the basement? Will the Texas Rangers be able to prove their 2010 championship series berth wasn't a fluke, despite Cliff Lee's departure? Can the Philadelphia Phillies' "Fab Four" starting pitchers lead them to the playoffs again?
  • Three game modes: Major Leagues, which lets players guide their favorite major league team through the 2011 season and beyond; Fictional, which serves up a fresh world full of fictional players, providing a unique challenge each time; and Historical, which offers three exciting past seasons to recreate -- 1923, 1965, and 2004 -- with the opportunity to buy more in-game via a future update.
  • Managerial options that enable players to set lineups, pitching rotations, and depth charts before taking the field to make in-game calls, including when to issue hit-and-run and steal signs, how to configure the defense, when to pull pitchers and put in pinch-hitters, and more. Players can also let the computer handle those decisions and set a series of sliders that dictate overall strategies, such as aggressiveness on the base paths, how often to pitch around batters, and more. They can simulate their season a day or a week at a time, jumping back in to manage games whenever they want.
  • A play-by-play text stream that describes what's happening on the field during the game, making it feel like a radio broadcast.
  • An in-depth financial system that allows players to unleash their inner GM. Are they "Moneyball" disciples, looking for undervalued players who help the team win while keeping payroll low, or are they free-wheeling spenders seeking high-profile free agents? Players oversee trades, negotiate contract extensions, sign free agents, draft players, cultivate minor league prospects, move players between the active roster, minor league roster and disabled list, and more.
"iOOTP Baseball 2011 is perfect for baseball lovers who want to get in a few simulated games on the go," said lead developer and lifelong baseball fan Markus Heinsohn. "No matter where you are, you can pull out your iOS device and enjoy some baseball action. You could even simulate a real game while sitting in the stands. Maybe you could give the team's manager a few tips."

iOOTP Baseball 2011 is available now in Apple's iOS App Store for $4.99. It requires an iPhone 3GS, a third-generation iPod touch, or a first-generation iPad or better. It will run on an iPhone 3G or a second-generation iPod touch, but the experience won't be optimal.

OOTP Developments is also close to shipping Out of the Park Baseball 12, which runs on PC, Mac, and Linux. OOTP 12 is available now for pre-order for $29.99 and will be $39.99 when it's released. Pre-orders and further information can be found at http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp12/. OOTP 12 is expected to be available at Apple's recently-launched Mac App Store, among other outlets.

About Out of the Park Developments

Out of the Park Developments is the developer of the award-winning OOTP series of baseball management simulations, Title Bout Championship Boxing, and Inside the Park Baseball, a role-playing game. German-based OOTP Developments was founded by Markus Heinsohn and Andreas Raht in 1999 and employs two people full-time and three part-time. OOTP Developments has consistently produced games that have met with critical acclaim, including winning Metacritic's coveted "Game of the Year" for the 2007 edition of OOTP. Further information on the company and its games is available from the OOTP Developments website, http://www.ootpdevelopments.com

iOOTP 2011 screenshot gallery - Click to view iOOTP 2011 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: iOOTP 2011Reader Score: 10/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhoneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 brettford @ 05/11/11 09:37 AM
iOOTP iPad 2 Issue

The game itself is amazing, but I have one small issue. The game will only orient itself in one direction on the iPad 2. If you want to set the iPad on a table and use the cover/stand to prop it up (like a keyboard) the game is upside down.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to fix this (some iPad apps rotate while others do not). It seems to me that if your app is not going to have the ability to rotate, it should at least default to the orientation that allows you to use the iPad 2 cover/stand.

Small gripe? Maybe. But it seems like such low hanging fruit that could easily be fixed.

# 62 Koolie G @ 05/11/11 11:41 AM
I love this game. I'm wasn't sure I was gonna be a big fan. I used to love baseball and played many of the table top games and computer sims growing up. I've not been a big baseball fan recently, but I LOVE this game. I've played every inning of every game for the first 30 games. In 2 days!

# 63 Fiddy @ 05/12/11 10:48 AM
Woooooo. Was able get this while we moved from old to new house. This saved me big time. No Internet until today etc. So this got me my gaming fix. Pure bliss lol. Now I need to get updated logos etc and I'll be all set.

Question, will the new logos replace the default ones in my season I have going already? Or will I need to start a new one?

# 64 Brandwin @ 05/12/11 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Woooooo. Was able get this while we moved from old to new house. This saved me big time. No Internet until today etc. So this got me my gaming fix. Pure bliss lol. Now I need to get updated logos etc and I'll be all set.

Question, will the new logos replace the default ones in my season I have going already? Or will I need to start a new one?
You should be able too. Once a season is started you have to go to another folder.

Quote:
Using iPhone Explorer, navigate to: apps/iootp2011/Documents/iootp2011/saved_games/your saved game/news/html

With this directory open, simply drag and drop the new logos into the directory, replacing the existing logos - making sure file names are exactly the same.

# 65 BleacherBum2310 @ 05/12/11 07:06 PM
Just bought It.. (on my Ipod Touch)

But Once I enter my name it just shuts down Randomly. weird.

# 66 ChubbyBanana @ 05/13/11 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Yep. That's how I did it

# 67 ChubbyBanana @ 05/13/11 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
Just bought It.. (on my Ipod Touch)

But Once I enter my name it just shuts down Randomly. weird.
Did you try a complete shutdown of the touch?

I know when I've had issues a complete shutdown fixed the problem.

# 68 Brandwin @ 05/13/11 11:27 AM
Apple is dragging their feet on the update. They submitted it on Monday and it's still waiting for review.

# 69 BleacherBum2310 @ 05/13/11 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
Did you try a complete shutdown of the touch?

I know when I've had issues a complete shutdown fixed the problem.
Nope. I'll give that a shot.

# 70 Brandwin @ 05/14/11 09:48 AM
Guys at OOTP said the update is finally in review now. So hopefully we get the update soon

# 71 jeffy777 @ 05/15/11 06:26 PM
The pitcher pinch hitter bug is annoying, but other than that, I love it. This is highly addicting.

# 72 GlennN @ 05/15/11 06:38 PM
I have had it crash twice, telling me my save file is corrupt, which is quite frustrating (starting over twice), but, damn, this game is great!!

# 73 Fiddy @ 05/16/11 11:38 AM
i cant get the ball park image to work. i wanted Citi Field, i downloaded Padre Fan's Parks etc, dropped it in the folder, and now i get a blank image while playing a game. gray screen where field should be.

what did i do wrong here?

# 74 ChubbyBanana @ 05/16/11 01:39 PM
Quote:
i cant get the ball park image to work. i wanted Citi Field, i downloaded Padre Fan's Parks etc, dropped it in the folder, and now i get a blank image while playing a game. gray screen where field should be.

what did i do wrong here?
Did you rename the park file to "default.jpg" and remove overwrite the old 'default.jpg'?

Also I've had to do a total shutdown on my Itouch after making changes to the file system for them to take. Also had to do a new game. Not sure if you need to start a new game for the ballpark background though.

# 75 Fiddy @ 05/16/11 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana
Did you rename the park file to "default.jpg" and remove overwrite the old 'default.jpg'?

Also I've had to do a total shutdown on my Itouch after making changes to the file system for them to take. Also had to do a new game. Not sure if you need to start a new game for the ballpark background though.
i had an extra letter in the default name lol.. i had 2 l's for some reason and didnt notice. all is good now, whew!! thanks for the response though.

# 76 Brandwin @ 05/16/11 03:16 PM
Quote:
i had an extra letter in the default name lol.. i had 2 l's for some reason and didnt notice. all is good now, whew!! thanks for the response though.
I saw you posted at the OOTP forums, those guys are very helpful over there.

Glad you figured it out.

# 77 Bellsprout @ 05/16/11 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I saw you posted at the OOTP forums, those guys are very helpful over there.
When I searched their forum about how to get proper team logos into the game it was actually your post over there that helped me the most. So, you're just as helpful as they are.

Damn. That post was too nice. I feel like I need to make a crass joke now.

# 78 Brandwin @ 05/16/11 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
When I searched their forum about how to get proper team logos into the game it was actually your post over there that helped me the most. So, you're just as helpful as they are.

Damn. That post was too nice. I feel like I need to make a crass joke now.
Aww. How sweet. <3

# 79 Brandwin @ 05/16/11 09:52 PM
Update 1.0.1 is out.

# 80 Fiddy @ 05/16/11 10:56 PM
For the record, the update will default your ball park back to the original one. Obviously that's directed at the guys that changed it. Like me. Bah!! Lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.