Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

IGN is currently hosting a live stream for NCAA Football 12.

Just in case you missed it, here are the videos.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 421 kjcheezhead @ 05/13/11 01:00 PM
I read through most of this thread and got a feeling the overall reaction was "meh". Personally, I just didn't like the vid at all. The tackling, player movement and overall gameplay looked almost identical to 11. I can't see spending $65 on this, but I'm not a serious college fan and I didn't like NCAA 11 much either.

Time to focus on Madden's improvements and keep hope alive for a couple more months. Realistically tho, it's probably just time for me to retire from video game football for this gen.

# 422 Crimsontide27 @ 05/13/11 01:23 PM
Nothing ever changes though, thats why people dont get so bent out of shape anymore.

Every year its like clock work. Make a press release and a few screenshots get released, a month of hype builds and everyone proclaims its the greatest ever, gameplay video gets dropped....same game as last year.

Happens every year without fail.

Oh, and for everyone thinking that somehow the game is going to undergo some kind of massive overhaul with the new systems coming out in a few years....it will be built off of the same engine with a majority of the same people working on it.

There is a roadmap currently with what is planned until 2014 at this point and I can tell you that dynamic commentary , upgraded presentations ( ala 2k ) and logic are not planned. However, if you are an online gamer, there are a couple of new feature sets coming your way, but nothing substantial for the dynasty / offline gamer.

# 423 The JareBear @ 05/13/11 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Nothing ever changes though, thats why people dont get so bent out of shape anymore.

Every year its like clock work. Make a press release and a few screenshots get released, a month of hype builds and everyone proclaims its the greatest ever, gameplay video gets dropped....same game as last year.

Happens every year without fail.

Oh, and for everyone thinking that somehow the game is going to undergo some kind of massive overhaul with the new systems coming out in a few years....it will be built off of the same engine with a majority of the same people working on it.

There is a roadmap currently with what is planned until 2014 at this point and I can tell you that dynamic commentary , upgraded presentations ( ala 2k ) and logic are not planned. However, if you are an online gamer, there are a couple of new feature sets coming your way, but nothing substantial for the dynasty / offline gamer.
Sorry, but how do you know this?

# 424 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/13/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Was that you they quoted asking one of the questions in there? Didn't notice that the first time I watch

Anyway, after my second time through, I'm very excited. VERY excited. I understand where the complaints come from, etc, but I had a blast last year, and this year looks to me that much better... plus I'm a huge sucker for presentation.

I will say this though; I do understand the dread complaints. They've clearly just attached them to the bottom of the helmets (sort of like those ponytail trucker hats, lol), and as a result, they do look a little odd. It's great to see them added for variety, but it would certainly be cool to see more styles next year to further add to that.
Yep that was me....They asked 2 of my questions actually, the second time they used my real name.

# 425 solo killa boi @ 05/13/11 05:11 PM
I don't know what's going on with this footage but I personally with others requested that something was done with the grass graphics. The only time I see the beautyful grass is during presentation and replay. During the actual game, the grass looks the same as last year maybe even worst. This might not be important to alot of you but, grass play and how it look has to be in place. The game is pretty much ready to go, I just hope that what I saw was last year's gameplay footage mixed with this years presentation and replay footage. It will be very disappointing if what I saw is what we are going to get.

# 426 canes21 @ 05/13/11 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo killa boi
I don't know what's going on with this footage but I personally with others requested that something was done with the grass graphics. The only time I see the beautyful grass is during presentation and replay. During the actual game, the grass looks the same as last year maybe even worst. This might not be important to alot of you but, grass play and how it look has to be in place. The game is pretty much ready to go, I just hope that what I saw was last year's gameplay footage mixed with this years presentation and replay footage. It will be very disappointing if what I saw is what we are going to get.
You can't really tell how great the graphics look until you play it yourself. Even a gem like Crysis won't look that great over a video/stream.

# 427 poopoop @ 05/13/11 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I read through most of this thread and got a feeling the overall reaction was "meh". Personally, I just didn't like the vid at all. The tackling, player movement and overall gameplay looked almost identical to 11. I can't see spending $65 on this, but I'm not a serious college fan and I didn't like NCAA 11 much either.

Time to focus on Madden's improvements and keep hope alive for a couple more months. Realistically tho, it's probably just time for me to retire from video game football for this gen.
When the first previews started coming out I made the comment that the game sounded like "NCAA 11 with another tuner patch." So far haven't really seen anything to change my opinion from this. If you would've told me these vids were of NCAA 11 I'd almost believe.

We'll see how the demo plays though.

# 428 BroMontana82 @ 05/13/11 08:03 PM
well the ice skating is still in there. hopefully gone in a later build?

# 429 michigan21 @ 05/13/11 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
well the ice skating is still in there. hopefully gone in a later build?
No I dont think it will be. I think the ice skating is a result of the engine.

# 430 canes21 @ 05/13/11 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
No I dont think it will be. I think the ice skating is a result of the engine.
I don't think it is necessarily the engine, but how the game is programmed right now. Currently, your player turns as soon as you hit the joystick, even if his feet aren't touching the ground. So you can turn in mid stride and get a skating look. I would think it is possible for them to get it to only turn when your feet are on the ground enough to cut, but I may be wrong. If they were to get it to work like that, then skating would be nearly eliminated.

# 431 Bacon Vortex @ 05/14/11 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't think it is necessarily the engine, but how the game is programmed right now. Currently, your player turns as soon as you hit the joystick, even if his feet aren't touching the ground. So you can turn in mid stride and get a skating look. I would think it is possible for them to get it to only turn when your feet are on the ground enough to cut, but I may be wrong. If they were to get it to work like that, then skating would be nearly eliminated.
I think it would be more complaints across the board, not by me, if players actually had to cut to change direction. Kind of like on Backbreaker when they gave real QB pocket times. Everyone swore the line play was broken, but they meant to do that. If people couldn't change direction on a dime like that, they'd swear the animation was bunk. Maybe not you and I, but overall population....

# 432 TexasBorn1 @ 05/14/11 02:13 PM
backpedaling players keeping up with receivers running full speed is my only dislike-wait I take that back. Pass rush still looks weak

# 433 canes21 @ 05/14/11 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Vortex
I think it would be more complaints across the board, not by me, if players actually had to cut to change direction. Kind of like on Backbreaker when they gave real QB pocket times. Everyone swore the line play was broken, but they meant to do that. If people couldn't change direction on a dime like that, they'd swear the animation was bunk. Maybe not you and I, but overall population....
EA wants to keep that responsiveness. To keep it, they have to give up proper running physics. If your player only turned once his feet were on the ground, people would complain it was sluggish. I think 2k8 has this type of system and many people find it sluggish.

# 434 rudyjuly2 @ 05/14/11 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
EA wants to keep that responsiveness. To keep it, they have to give up proper running physics. If your player only turned once his feet were on the ground, people would complain it was sluggish. I think 2k8 has this type of system and many people find it sluggish.
I want it more sluggish which is more realistic and fun imo. The PS2 players were more sluggish and I miss the way it played. There is no way to please everyone here with one default setting. EA added game speed settings and speed thresholds to the game. I'd love it if they added an option for light, medium and heavy player momentum. That way everyone could be happy.

# 435 canes21 @ 05/14/11 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I want it more sluggish which is more realistic and fun imo. The PS2 players were more sluggish and I miss the way it played. There is no way to please everyone here with one default setting. EA added game speed settings and speed thresholds to the game. I'd love it if they added an option for light, medium and heavy player momentum. That way everyone could be happy.
I want the sluggish feel as well. It makes players feel like they have momentum and bigger guys will feel like bigger guys. I know you can't please everyone, but I believe if you have a more realistic game, the sim fans like all us on OS will be pleased, and the casual crowd will end up liking it as well. Thats just what I think though.

# 436 Bacon Vortex @ 05/14/11 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That really is a great point, and a great idea. Well said.

# 437 blklightning @ 05/14/11 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Can you name a single licensed sports title that has a 2 year dev cycle?
nba elite. actually, i think that one is going to have a 3 year cycle. not scheduled to return until 2012, if i'm not mistaken.

# 438 coogrfan @ 05/14/11 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
nba elite. actually, i think that one is going to have a 3 year cycle. not scheduled to return until 2012, if i'm not mistaken.
Ok...can you name one that intended to have a 2+ year dev. cycle?

# 439 illwill10 @ 05/14/11 06:18 PM
NBA Elite problem was that they tried to make a HUGE Overhaul in a one year cycle. Then realized at the end that it wasnt no where they felt comfortable with it

# 440 HoundsOfHowl @ 05/17/11 08:50 PM
I won the autographed football! Heck yes! DeMarco Murray is going to be playing in Dallas too....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.