Home
Madden 12 News Post

What does Madden NFL 12 need to do to make you a believer in Franchise Mode?

Dustin Toms:
There can only be one thing done to Franchise mode to make it better: a complete overhaul.

Steve Bartlett: I agree with Dustin. The Madden Franchise mode needs a complete overhaul.

Jayson Young: Get rid of the potential rating!

Christian McLeod: I'm going to think outside of the box here, but why not implement a comprehensive "Owner Mode" that mimics the framework of MVP Baseball 05.

Read More - OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 brimstone2000and1 @ 05/14/11 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsReality
Using the ESPN license to it's fullest.
AMEN!!!!!!

# 42 brimstone2000and1 @ 05/14/11 04:27 PM
All very good responses. Just bring Head Coach back. I still play that more than Madden, but use NCAA for the Draft Classes on Head Coach!

# 43 abjsuperstar @ 05/14/11 07:10 PM
make cpu tougher for one, logic on team moves. legit game plans, make playoffs more exciting, more greatful to users who get there team to post season, something extra

# 44 TLF @ 05/15/11 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsports
For me they just have to redo the whole thing. I must admit madden franchise has been the top franchise in the sports gaming world. However it is also a feature that hasnt been touched on enough. heres my list:

75 Man Rosters: looks like its in so im happy

Fully Functioning IR: When you place a guy on IR, they shouldnt take a spot on your active roster

Redone Scouting System: mabey throw in some highlights of guys, but also some tape of their struggles

Random Generated draft classes: no more pre done draft classes, I use ncaa classes until 2 or 3 years in to franchise, but the pre done draft classes just annoy me.

Redone Free Agency System: It sounds like theyve redone it to an extent this year. A better bidding system for prospects, not like the one in hc but something to that extent.

Practice Squad: I dont know how simple this would be to implement in the game, I dont know if it was in past games, but this is a must have for any football game. A full 8 man squad is needed.

UFL/CFL: Sorta like minor league teams, I dought it will be in this year, but we know ea's been able to get different country teams for nhl before, im sure they could do it for the nfl. This could be the "big" feature next year, and could make a big difference.

Hide Roster Ratings until regular season: Make preseason games important, their pointless right now because your not basing your 53 man roster on them, but on ratings. Mabey it changes with 75 man roster and me and many others decide to start playing preseason games. If they just hid roster ratings then you could determine it prospect my prospect.

Stadium Creator/Better Relocation: Allow you to build a new stadium without having to relocate. Allow you to relocate without having to change your team name or logo.
Agreeed

i mainly just want the Scouting to be like real scouting

not a Scout telling me that a QB has a Throw Power above 0 , thats not a Scout

a Scout tells u what they do , how they do it and what they need to work on for ex.

"Team Leader for 4 straight year , and Unquestioned by his teammates and coaches"
this would be for a guy who has a better chance of not "having a screwball' rookie mkistake or maybe his Awareness will be higher than most rookies if you draft him

"has Amazing Jukes and Moves in the open field"
obviosuly has High Agility and his Juke or Spin move should be High right off the bat

i can go all day for each Position , but please just fix the Damn Scouting for the Draft

# 45 parrothead @ 05/15/11 03:11 PM
My question would be, where does Franchise sit on the priority ladder for the Madden team? We can make every great suggestion there is to make, but if Franchise is at the bottom it'll never happen. It obviously hasn't been a priority up to this point, is that going to change? If they implemented half the stuff from this thread most of us would never put the game down.

# 46 FOREST007 @ 05/15/11 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
My question would be, where does Franchise sit on the priority ladder for the Madden team? We can make every great suggestion there is to make, but if Franchise is at the bottom it'll never happen. It obviously hasn't been a priority up to this point, is that going to change? If they implemented half the stuff from this thread most of us would never put the game down.
Now we all know that Superstar Mode is always at the bottom...

# 47 TLF @ 05/15/11 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
Now we all know that Superstar Mode is always at the bottom...
yea cuz its Lame...

# 48 NaturalSelected @ 05/16/11 08:57 AM
With the changes reported by IGN coming in, I think this will be the best Franchise mode ever, maybe across all sports. Very excited.

# 49 Stikskillz @ 05/16/11 12:34 PM
Can we get the ability to take an Online Franchise offline and vice versatile like the NCAA dynasty mode?

# 50 khaliib @ 05/16/11 02:11 PM
For me...

Since we have the ability to do custom music, it would be a nice addition to be able and go out during Pre Pre-Game and warm up (throwing, catching, kicking or running to get a look at a player that was/had an injury to see if he can go) with any player while fans start to enter the stadium as the music is going.

Since we can download the game to our HD, have it so we can download Extra Commentary Packages to our HD that the game would pull from to add to our Offline Franchise commentary.
-This would allow Generic Commentary to be produced and only be limited by the Gamer's HD size.

Be able to select which Players you want to promote as the Face/Draw for your Franchise which would have an effect on attendance etc...
-Add some type of risk/reward that will have an impact on the Franchise.

Dynamic Crowd AI that really react to what's going on with the team during the Franchise.
-I'm waiting to hear crowds that voice how they really feel during gameplay.
-If that player that's costing the team big dollars is playing bad, it would be nice for the Home crowd to actually Boo that player.
-Or Boo the playcalling (maybe it's too conservative)
-Crowd could chant to see that player (Vet/Rookie) to get into the game etc...

Just a couple of thoughts.

# 51 TLF @ 05/16/11 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
For me...

Since we have the ability to do custom music, it would be a nice addition to be able and go out during Pre Pre-Game and warm up (throwing, catching, kicking or running to get a look at a player that was/had an injury to see if he can go) with any player while fans start to enter the stadium as the music is going.

Since we can download the game to our HD, have it so we can download Extra Commentary Packages to our HD that the game would pull from to add to our Offline Franchise commentary.
-This would allow Generic Commentary to be produced and only be limited by the Gamer's HD size.

Be able to select which Players you want to promote as the Face/Draw for your Franchise which would have an effect on attendance etc...
-Add some type of risk/reward that will have an impact on the Franchise.

Dynamic Crowd AI that really react to what's going on with the team during the Franchise.
-I'm waiting to hear crowds that voice how they really feel during gameplay.
-If that player that's costing the team big dollars is playing bad, it would be nice for the Home crowd to actually Boo that player.
-Or Boo the playcalling (maybe it's too conservative)
-Crowd could chant to see that player (Vet/Rookie) to get into the game etc...

Just a couple of thoughts.

PETA coming to your home games: Loss of 8,000 dollars , Vick jersey sales $20,000 dollars

knowing Michael Vick is the face of your Franchise Priceless!

# 52 khaliib @ 05/16/11 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
PETA coming to your home games: Loss of 8,000 dollars , Vick jersey sales $20,000 dollars

knowing Michael Vick is the face of your Franchise Priceless!
Or as Primetime said, "I get paid to check WR's and intercept the ball, not tackle guys running at me"

# 53 TLF @ 05/17/11 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Or as Primetime said, "I get paid to check WR's and intercept the ball, not tackle guys running at me"
dont hate on Deion and his Crappy tackling

# 54 lolfalconsbeatu @ 05/17/11 12:18 PM
I know others have said it, but Training Camp Mode.

I want that Madden Bus back if thats what it takes. I like what they did this year, CLOSE to what it was during the PS2 Days.

So yeah, Training Camp for the off season. And also Concession Stands, Ticket Prices, TV Markets, Endorsements, Pretty much ALL the good stuff.

# 55 TLF @ 05/17/11 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu

I want that Madden Bus back if thats what it takes. I like what they did this year, CLOSE to what it was during the PS2 Days.

So yeah, Training Camp for the off season. And also Concession Stands, Ticket Prices, TV Markets, Endorsements, Pretty much ALL the good stuff.
this guy knows what he's talking about

# 56 GOBLUE_08 @ 05/22/11 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawkNMD
I want some player personality in Franchise mode. It's been a few years since I bought NCAA but I liked how you could promise recruits certain criteria such as playing time and if you didn't meet that criteria it would bring down his morale. I think that would be big in Madden Franchise as far as Free Agency is concerned when you're promising TJ Houshmanzadeh a role as your #1 WR and he'll want to lead your team in receptions, yards, TDs. Morale for players already on your team would be affected if they aren't getting their playing time and stats. You'll have some players who want to be on a very good team, some players will want as much money as they can get, some will want stats, some backups will want to start, etc. I know all this is already on the free agency screen but I don't believe it effects much.

I want player agents updating me by email with like 5-10 players a week on how their client feels about himself on my roster to get 3-4 updates a season on what they're thinking.

When negotiating I want the player agent to give me a high ball offer like real life not a minimum offer where you have to keep going up. If you counter way too low I want them to take that as disrespect and lessening their interest to sign with your team. I want to control signing bonus and guarantees in contracts to play with the salary cap and approach guys differently. If they're an aged vet and want a 5 year deal and I want a 2 year deal I can guarantee them money upfront that will talk them out of the years they want or I front load the 5 year contract with an option to cut him in year 3 or 4 without much loss like they do in real life. I want different negotiating tactics I can use with different type of players to get the roster I want with a salary cap number I want for years at a time like real life. The salary I have committed to my roster should be displayed as far into the future as any the year anybody on my roster is signed to.

I want scouts to send me emails weekly, I want to tell them scout me some run-stuffing DT's and really fast WR's this week and my scouts give me some info on a few different options in different rounds on players that fit my criteria. I want actual scouting reports on types of players I want on my roster then once we get to the combine we start getting 40-times and all the numbers stuff. I want a projected scouting potential as in high-floor, low-ceiling, boom or bust types of categories. I don't want to see a potential letter grade even though I don't want it completely removed from the game.
This PLEASE!!

Just add some personality to the game and it will go a long way. If you feel like your actually interacting with the players/coaches/agents instead of just throwing money at robots, it will bring your franchise to life. I know it wasnt in madden but i hated when they took away players getting in trouble in NCAA. It wasnt much but it gave your team some life.

# 57 blklightning @ 05/22/11 06:55 PM
i want in-game websites or blogs, ea news network channel since they obviously hate espn, and even the tony bruno show brought back would be nice. anything to make it feel alive. i know a lot of people like the new additions this year. but i'm not a spread sheet type of person. i need the other stuff that helps ground it in the real, living world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu

exactly. i don't just want to manage the roster. those additions brought variety to the experience.

# 58 Mauler97 @ 05/22/11 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
This PLEASE!!

Just add some personality to the game and it will go a long way. If you feel like your actually interacting with the players/coaches/agents instead of just throwing money at robots, it will bring your franchise to life. I know it wasnt in madden but i hated when they took away players getting in trouble in NCAA. It wasnt much but it gave your team some life.
Great idea! You can give trainers tasks, like work on a QB's arm strength. Then you get a message that "we increased so-so's arm strength". Same with coaches, we tell them to "work on so-so's deep accuracy."

Trainers build physical attributes and coaches build intangibles.

The Draft should be a MUCH bigger deal. Just like in real-life. The draft is the MOST popular NFL event next to the Super Bowl. The draft should play out like a game itself. With announcers and feedback. The announcers should recognize both first and last names, and say both.

# 59 Elgin2311 @ 05/22/11 11:20 PM
What they need to do is get madden back in the booth, and reunite him with pat summerall maybe do what basketball did with two sets of presentation styles

# 60 Elgin2311 @ 05/22/11 11:25 PM
Does anyone remember the cut scenes they would do with pat and john? The way they talked football you had no choice but to want to listen. classic! to be honest the commentary has been suspect since madden left.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.