Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Solidice @ 06/08/11 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
How well did sliders work in regard to helping with the pass rush last year?
0% in user vs. user games.

# 22 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Correct me if I am wrong but we can't use custom sliders in user games, which this video is of (a user game)?

# 23 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/11 01:30 PM
I swear every play on defense Ben blitzed LOL. I don't know if it was just the camera or the fact it was a sunny day, but everything looked too bright.

I still don't like how the crowd looks when you get close up on them. Not enough variety of faces and body types in the crowd.

Seen one double hit tackle.

Passing seemed way too easy, I seen a lot of WRs open, but that could have been because of Ben blitzing so much.

# 24 PaperBoyx703 @ 06/08/11 01:30 PM
I really liked the atmosphere of the game.

# 25 AuburnAlumni @ 06/08/11 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Sliders don't work in User vs User games. It automatically goes back to default when two Users play each other.

Sliders did help when facing the CPU, but if you are in an Online Dynasty, it always defaults back to the default settings when you face another User.

If Pass Rush is "fubared" on default, that means it would be "fubared" when you face another Human. Which is not a good thing.

I'm not saying it IS...but from that video...it sure looks like it.

# 26 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/11 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
didn't work at all. You could put human pass rush at 100 and CPU pass block at 0, front 4 still couldn't beat the cpu offensive line with default rosters.

# 27 jfsolo @ 06/08/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Defense only looked weak because Ben took his secondary players out of position on both of the long passing plays:
Ben doesn't even realize that he's helping to create an erroneous perception of his own game. It makes me crazy when I see User's controlling a LB, S, or CB and they totally ignore their assignment in order to blitz or cover the wrong guy.

The pass rush wasn't that bad in this clip, both guys were releasing the ball basically after a two count. If they held it any longer a defender was in their face.

# 28 Jistic @ 06/08/11 01:48 PM
I seriously wouldn't have known this was 11 or 12 except for the crowd noise.

# 29 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/11 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Don't forget the dreads and the 3 button play calling screen. Other then that yeah, you couldn't tell.

# 30 illwill10 @ 06/08/11 01:51 PM
Quote:
Honestly have to agree.
Without Lighting, Dreads, Crowd Noise, It looks very much like NCAA 11. I am still buying Midnight release and preordering tomorrow even though my PS3 isnt working right. I wish they had more stat banners and camera angles like Madden.

# 31 WyxHarmon @ 06/08/11 01:51 PM
Looks like they really weren't lying about no suction. Amazing atmosphere as well.

I want this game yesterday.

# 32 jboss13 @ 06/08/11 01:51 PM
If you go to the 2:53 minute mark you will see the defense in a cover 2 look. The guy on offense runs two verts right to the safety. For some reason the Safety plays right on the slot receiver, leaving the WR open. The safety should always split the two and not favor a certain route. This has been a problem running cover two since '10, geesh...

# 33 Playmakers @ 06/08/11 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
outstanding IMO for user vs cpu games

# 34 Playmakers @ 06/08/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure why people are expecting a major leap this year not speaking about you

But it seems like some people are expecting this huge jump in gameplay but i don't think EA really focused on gameplay other than zone defense allegedly

I think the upgrades went to cosmetic things like dreads and stadium entrances....i figure about 2 months it'll begin to settle in that the game is really NCAA 11 with a few things lacking from that game improved this year

Not a big deal though because i love NCAA 11....i just think some people are going to critical because it basically the same game and they might have been expecting a major jump up

# 35 illwill10 @ 06/08/11 02:01 PM
"
pastapadreBryan Wiedey

got a full game of NCAA 12 in. More subtle in terms of improvements but plays a bit cleaner than Madden."

# 36 bpac55 @ 06/08/11 02:02 PM
I am an equipment guy and while I am glad they added the Schutt ion 4d helmet in to the game, not THAT many guys actually wear it. With the exception of PSU, WVU, and some of Michigan it is not worn too much. They have every other player wearing it in the game. Add this to the fact that they ignored the revo speed 2 bar qb and it is very frustrating when it comes to how they do their equipment.

# 37 themassacre771.1 @ 06/08/11 02:05 PM
Looks pretty good to me as long as that dline is better

# 38 UMhester04 @ 06/08/11 02:12 PM
Quote:

Remember that Chase says that the videos DO NOT do the game justice. Says that the game feels great when you play it.

# 39 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Ben doesn't even realize that he's helping to create an erroneous perception of his own game. It makes me crazy when I see User's controlling a LB, S, or CB and they totally ignore their assignment in order to blitz or cover the wrong guy.

The pass rush wasn't that bad in this clip, both guys were releasing the ball basically after a two count. If they held it any longer a defender was in their face.
You are correct, with the exception being the TD pass where he had a solid 4 count and even upon release not a single D-line had broken through a block.

Still, the d-line play has to be considered unimpressive from this video

# 40 Solidice @ 06/08/11 02:17 PM
I find it somewhat funny that every year people say it looks the exact same as the year before, yet NCAA 12 looks nothing like NCAA '07(360).

In the video, I can tell the difference in the tackling. The suction being mostly eliminated will probably take some getting used to.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.