Home
Madden 12 News Post

Make sure you subscribe to the OS Youtube channel, many more OS videos are coming.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 roadman @ 06/09/11 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
what....no sports broadcast team in real life would just skip out on Full Player Lineups to "distinguish" themselves

Do an additional slick "Keys To the Game Feature" if you want to put your own take on something .....The Rundown/showing of the full Lineup for the teams is a standard and should be shown
I'm not disagreeing with you.

What I'm trying to say is maybe they feel they don't always want to mimic what's on tv all the time.

Let's say this feature wasn't put in, would people still be saying, hey where are all the starting intros?

Just saying.

# 42 jpdavis82 @ 06/09/11 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylynner
I thought I heard that too. Tony Romo is from Burlington, Wisconsin...
He was born in San Diego, grew up in Wisconsin

# 43 BezO @ 06/09/11 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Depends on how far they want to mimic the broadcast.

In the video referencing Phil, he grabbed the mike and said, This is EA sports, not CBS sports.

I think they want to distinguish themselves as their own brand.
This would make sense if they did something better or more informative. Providing less info to distinguish yourself seems odd.

# 44 roadman @ 06/09/11 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylynner
Actually the entire goal of this presentation style is to make it look exactly like what is on TV. They are calling it an "EA Broadcast." The cut scenes and everything else are made to look like a TV broadcast. This is just a glitch. It should be fixed.
I hope your right.

In that video yesterday with Phil, he said, "There are the star players of the game and one of them is the key star player of the game."

# 45 roadman @ 06/09/11 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
This would make sense if they did something better or more informative. Providing less info to distinguish yourself seems odd.
Distinguish was a lousy word to use.

As I said a bit later, maybe they don't want to emulate everything that is on TV, heck I don't know.

All I'm saying if the star players didn't pop up, I don't know if we would be complaining , where are the starting line up pop ups.?

# 46 jmurphy31 @ 06/09/11 04:31 PM
Quote:
Distinguish was a lousy word to use.

As I said a bit later, maybe they don't want to emulate everything that is on TV, heck I don't know.

All I'm saying if the star players didn't pop up, I don't know if we would be complaining , where are the starting line up pop ups.?
Why did they bring in NFL Films crews and other networks to capture the NFL feel and make it look like a broadcast and then change it so it's not...

Also,(I mentioned this somewhere else) why have these nice new banners and only show a few people and then not even mention them in the audio. A simple few lines like "Lets keep an eye on Witten today, he's been a monster all season especially in the red zone" ...It could even be generic like that and not even mention stats or anything (obviously it would have to make sense...Cant mention Witten being a red zone monster if he hasnt scored any TD's that year)

# 47 RGiles36 @ 06/09/11 04:31 PM
The starting lineup thing is not a big deal. Thinkingoutloud made a good counterpoint.

BUT if their intention was to include all 11 starters, and then there were limitations (as we've come to expect from EA's football games in some capacity), then I wish they would've dropped the player photos and just had scrolling text listing each starter/position.

# 48 jmurphy31 @ 06/09/11 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
The starting lineup thing is not a big deal. Thinkingoutloud made a good counterpoint.

BUT if their intention was to include all 11 starters, and then there were limitations (as we've come to expect from EA's football games in some capacity), then I wish they would've dropped the player photos and just had scrolling text listing each starter/position.
Or as someone else had mentioned call the banner Key Players or something similar to this

# 49 roadman @ 06/09/11 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Why did they bring in NFL Films crews and other networks to capture the NFL feel and make it look like a broadcast and then change it so it's not...

Also,(I mentioned this somewhere else) why have these nice new banners and only show a few people and then not even mention them in the audio. A simple few lines like "Lets keep an eye on Witten today, he's been a monster all season especially in the red zone" ...It could even be generic like that and not even mention stats or anything (obviously it would have to make sense...Cant mention Witten being a red zone monster if he hasnt scored any TD's that year)
I would like a window with the hang time for punts, but I don't see that.

# 50 jmurphy31 @ 06/09/11 04:38 PM
Quote:
I would like a window with the hang time for punts, but I don't see that.

Didnt they used to have that? That would also be a nice addition...

# 51 roadman @ 06/09/11 04:44 PM
Quote:
Didnt they used to have that? That would also be a nice addition...
Yeah, I think your right, and it would be a great addition.

Hopefully, this years broadcast views are laying the foundation for starting lineups and hang time punt windows and anything that represents broadcast NFL football.

# 52 jpdavis82 @ 06/09/11 04:57 PM
I think EA is trying to do what nba2k11 did. 2k11 got TNT to help them with their broadcast last year, but it's still a 2ksports broadcast. I think EA still plans on fully utilizing the stuff they learned from NFL Films and cbs. I think all the new camera angles we saw in the cpu vs cpu game are proof of that. Also the new halftime highlights thing although it wasn't a show, definitely seemed more like actual broadcast highlights with the replays using the new cameras.

# 53 Aggies7 @ 06/09/11 05:29 PM
At work don't have time to look through thread but did anyone notice Romo ran out with team and then ran out again when he was announced. I believe I saw him come out of tunnel twice

EDIT: Just looked back saw this has already been mentioned sorry.

# 54 jmurphy31 @ 06/09/11 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think EA is trying to do what nba2k11 did. 2k11 got TNT to help them with their broadcast last year, but it's still a 2ksports broadcast. I think EA still plans on fully utilizing the stuff they learned from NFL Films and cbs. I think all the new camera angles we saw in the cpu vs cpu game are proof of that. Also the new halftime highlights thing although it wasn't a show, definitely seemed more like actual broadcast highlights with the replays using the new cameras.
Is there a clip of the halftime replay out there on you tube yet

# 55 Jael_3 @ 06/09/11 08:10 PM
is it just me or did that kickoff look like a real game

# 56 coogrfan @ 06/09/11 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
The only negative I see is that the Eagles' nameplate font is still wrong. Please fix that, EA.

Other than that, this is looking very nice.
The strange part is that there was a clip a couple days ago (Eagles @ Packers?) in which Philly had the correct font.

Curious.

# 57 jpdavis82 @ 06/09/11 11:02 PM
Quote:
Is there a clip of the halftime replay out there on you tube yet
It's in this video http://live-event.ea.com/e3/chat/madden 20:15 mark. It's not a big deal, but I just like the idea of it. If they start showing all the big plays with those nfl films camera angles it could be pretty cool.

# 58 PSRusse83 @ 06/09/11 11:04 PM
They need to un jack Vicks arms LOL hard at that. Harvin too. I know theyre still tuning stuff but got dang.

# 59 bichettehappens @ 06/09/11 11:08 PM
I'm assuming that they might be only showing the 5 key players because they assume most gamers really care to sit there and look at who the 5 starting linemen are and think they are likely to button-mash through it, therefore making coding/programming that wasted energy.

Would I like to see the full lineups in the game? Absolutely. But I'd much rather have simply 5 key players than nothing at all.

I also feel the QB doesn't need to be included since they have that whole side banner when they run on the field.

# 60 sarlndr @ 06/10/11 02:37 AM
Video looked good actually. Still seeing some little things that will hopefully be fixed when it ships.

I wish the Cowboys could decide on one color blue for their uniforms. What color are those pants supposed to be? They look really, really bright in this vid.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.