Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

The NASCAR The Game 2011 patch is available now. Race a few laps and post your impressions here.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 TCrouch @ 07/26/11 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew
One thing I havent seen anyone mention is if they fixed your standing after you spun out and caused a caution. Before, if I spun while running 1st I would restart 1st even if I should be in the back.
Did they fix this?
This was in the middle of the novel I typed, so it was easy to miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
...Eventually I get a wiggle running 27th and an AI car dives underneath me. I don't notice it, move down, and get turned. Totally my fault--but a YELLOW FLIES!!! Holy crap, color me shocked. I don't pit, and I'm still in 27th. As far as I know, a spin was an EOL penalty? So that was off.

# 62 Brew @ 07/26/11 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
This was in the middle of the novel I typed, so it was easy to miss.
lol, I did read that novel and mustve missed that. Thanks.
I guess they didnt fix that.

# 63 zdmetal @ 07/26/11 09:57 PM
I can't even get the damn patch to download but judging by the complaints over at the Eutechnyx forums I should probably be glad that I can't. I'm really disappointed with this game, I wanted so much to like it but it's been made impossible for me. The stupidest part is that I will almost certainly buy 2012 whenever that is released.

# 64 Maxil @ 07/27/11 09:36 PM
Sony is expecting to finish testing tomorrow (thursday), I would expect it to pop out next week. Though who knows, maybe sooner maybe later.

# 65 Candymandagreat @ 07/28/11 01:15 PM
dude, it should be out this saturday

# 66 Romain El 82 @ 07/28/11 08:02 PM
I loooooooooove the "get spun down onto pit road and get black-flagged and a pass-through penalty".

# 67 Tribe1 @ 07/29/11 01:33 PM
Just posted by the developers on face book....

Patch was approved by Sony and will be released on Monday August 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 68 Candymandagreat @ 07/29/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe1
Just posted by the developers on face book....

Patch was approved by Sony and will be released on Monday August 2

Monday is the 1st, so did it say on Monday or did it say August 2nd? And what time?

# 69 Tribe1 @ 07/29/11 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candymandagreat
Monday is the 1st, so did it say on Monday or did it say August 2nd? And what time?
My bad...it does say Monday August 1

# 70 NotoriousKDH @ 07/31/11 10:15 PM
PS3 PATCH IS OUT!! REPEAT PS3 PATCH/DLC IS OUT!!! Dave from eutechnyx just reported it 20 mins ago via twitter, here it is!!
davet_etx Dave Thompson
Looks like Sony have released the PS3 patch early #NTG

# 71 Rules @ 07/31/11 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousKDH
PS3 PATCH IS OUT!! REPEAT PS3 PATCH/DLC IS OUT!!! Dave from eutechnyx just reported it 20 mins ago via twitter, here it is!!
davet_etx Dave Thompson
Looks like Sony have released the PS3 patch early #NTG
Downloading now!

455 mb

# 72 Rules @ 07/31/11 10:48 PM
Why does Indy look like a dirt track? It even kicks up what appears to be dirt.

I will play around with it more tomorrow. First thing I did was test the caution flag. It worked with little delay. However, while single file the AI takes control of my car to take it to the pits. In the process I can see one bug that is still in the game. The CPU runs my car into the back of the another in front of me and continues to run into it. When my car gets to the pits, the front end looks destroyed. My issue with that is I did not sustain any damage as all I did was turn my car around in the middle of the track to bring out the caution.

# 73 Papi34 @ 08/01/11 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I know someone is going to come and ask this, so I will just get it out there right now. After you download the DLC content, you have to restart your career mode, for the content to be available.
But you don't have to restart a 2010 season, if you're in the middle of one, to get the effect of the patch though, right? Anyone know.

Thanks.

# 74 bluengold34_OS @ 08/01/11 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi34
But you don't have to restart a 2010 season, if you're in the middle of one, to get the effect of the patch though, right? Anyone know.

Thanks.
I had to.I was 17 races into my 2010 season and noticed the patch wasn't available to me. Then I read on the forums over Eutes, that you have to hit restart 2010 season, then it appears and gives you the option to race the 2010 or 2011 season.

# 75 BurghFan @ 08/01/11 01:25 PM
A couple things I've noticed.

1. Cautions still come out even when cautions are turned off.
2. The tire wear indicator is still near impossible to read. I'm vixually impaired and practically have to put my nose on the TV screen to see it, and even then it is still extremely difficult to see the narrow lines indicating the wear level.

# 76 Papi34 @ 08/01/11 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I had to.I was 17 races into my 2010 season and noticed the patch wasn't available to me. Then I read on the forums over Eutes, that you have to hit restart 2010 season, then it appears and gives you the option to race the 2010 or 2011 season.
Thanks for that blue. Strangely, I d/l the pack when I got in from work and just continued my 2010 season, but I'm sure the patch was applied.
These quick impressions are only based on 2 shortish races so I can't comment on how the pit stops are improved or not. Based on what I've seen so far, I'm actually pretty impressed. A few things I've noticed in this limited time.

- Cautions are much quicker to come out. In the night race at Atlanta there were 4 cautions, with none caused by me. But at Richmond, the only ones were the ones involving me.
- The level of the AI has been upped. Definitely not as easy to scythe through the pack. In the two races I had, I never noticed any cars slowing excessively in the turns. However, in both races I started from the middle of the pack and for the first couple of laps tore past a lot of cars on the straights, but then things quickly settled down and there was some great racing. You can't get away with clipping the wall and maintaining position and I couldn't charge away at the front. Seemed to be a lot less of a procession as well, with the cars separating nicely into pairs, groups and solo cars.
- I found it very hard to judge when the car was about to break away before as the tyre noise was so quiet. It's much better now, but haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.
- The spotter is also much better, with none of that "I just dropped my french fries" crap.
- I got span onto the pit lane and then the grass at Atlanta on the and no black flag!

I'm sure it was in before the patch, just hadn't got that far into career mode, but at the night race at Richmond it was nice to see overlays about who was in the chase, on the bubble, etc. EA please take note!

I really want to try the DLC, but may as well finish the season first as I'm in the chase. I need to try a longer race to see how the pit stops work, but I enjoyed the game pre-patch anyway just doing sprints.
I'm staying away from the Eutechnyx forums and I'm not saying it was worth waiting for, but I can certainly play the game and have fun. Be interesting to see how the 2012 game goes, but I will approach with caution.

When you see the silence from EA about NCAA 12, you have to give Eutechnyx credit for keeping us informed.

# 77 NotoriousKDH @ 08/01/11 02:56 PM
Quote:

Thanks.
Yes you do, only way the patch goes into effect

# 78 Papi34 @ 08/01/11 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousKDH
Yes you do, only way the patch goes into effect
Weird. I didn't and I'm definitely seeing the changes. They were obvious and I'm definitely not imagining it.

# 79 NotoriousKDH @ 08/01/11 04:11 PM
Quote:
Weird. I didn't and I'm definitely seeing the changes. They were obvious and I'm definitely not imagining it.
Lol ok, but when I and everyone else who did, you had to restart your career and select 2011, it's probably changed since then but I'm just saying what had to be done, maybe i was imagining it????

# 80 NotoriousKDH @ 08/01/11 04:13 PM
If anyone wants to race, CLEAN at that, add me via ps3 Mrholston89, but i noticed that when racing online that the cars tend to be disappearing and then reappearing, causing a wreck, hell i seen them literally disappear out of the track at dega!! I'm thinking that the servers were overloaded with so many people trying to race, or people not having a lag-free router

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.