Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN The Gamer has posted the Madden NFL 12 player ratings for the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers.

Are there any changes you would like to see, or are they just about right?

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 PolkHigh33 @ 08/25/11 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
yeah my intellect of a 5 year old while your whole argument on why Tom Brady could be successful with 7 different OCs in 7 years is

Really?Have you ever even played Football before?Cant if you dont understand the problems that come up when your dont have a consistent playbook or playstyle.

Also its clearly you dont understand WHY those QBs you named are good. Each of those QBs you named played under the same playbook (for the most part) for years.You can be an amazing QB with a big arm and all the accuracy in the world but if you have no f'in clue where and when to throw
the ball then all that junk is useless.

QB is an extremely complicated position to play in this sport.While everyone else has only to worry about what they have to do(for the most part), the QB has to worry about what EVERYONE has to do and when they do it. And when THAT changes(along with terminology,play style,tempo,ect) on a year to year for 7 years,you dont have a strong foundation for a QB to thrive. Every QB you named has/had that foundation.All the "bad" QBs in the league dont which is why they are (for the most part) "bad" QBs.
I played Football for 15 years .. you could give me a new playbook every year and I would still learn it and execute it ..

Those QB's are good not because of their foundation but because they're good QB's .. some of your comments are so asinine it hurts my head ..

Look at the overthrows by Smith, the fumbles, the terrible decisions he makes .. has nothing to do with his playbook .. he looks out of his element after the snap of the ball, he can't read defenses ..

But I'll be the one saying I told you so when this miserable year is over .. I really hope not because I love my 49ers, but man Smith isn't and never was the answer ..

# 42 PolkHigh33 @ 08/25/11 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733
^^^^^ What position did you play for 15 years?

As for Smith, I think that he's a solid QB who needs stability around him to become good. His best season was in 2006 when he had Norv Turner. Once Turner left for SD, Smith was screwed. Also, with the exception of Antono Bryant in 2006, Smith hasnt had any premier receivers to throw to until Davis broke out in 2009 plus the OL has been crap with the defense not being much better at times especially the secondary.

Everyone just seems to blame Smith instead of blaming management first for not bringing stability to the team. Hopefully, with Baalke and Harbaugh, that will change. Of course, im still worried about Gore. He's easily worth more than what the Panthers paid RB DeAngelo Williams and should be paid accordingly.

Madden wise, im actually thinking of trading Gore to TEN for Johnson. Give both players a new team and a contract that they're worth paying. Granted, if SF doesnt want to pay Gore more than what Williams is getting, there's no way that they would trade and pay for Johnson but im the one who'll be running the 49ers in Madden.
Mostly RB and LB ..

But the 49ers are good .. they've built a good team ..

The problem with everyone in SF is their stubbornness towards Smith, it's like they're scared to get rid of him because he was a First Overall pick .. it's time for them to lick their wounds and move on, there is not one proven QB on the depth chart ..

Like LeBron, Smith can't handle the pressure .. he may have lots of tools, but his mind is not one of them ..

I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it ..

# 43 PolkHigh33 @ 08/25/11 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733
You didnt even play QB so how could you know what Smith has gone through since he was drafted? Come on man, give the guy a break. It's not all his fault.

As for getting rid of him, in a shortened off-season, re-signing Smith was the best move. I didnt want Hasselbeck or any other veteran who would cost as much or more than what Smith is getting paid for 2011. I sure as hell didnt want Kolb. Actually, was hoping for Packers Matt Flynn but oh well, whatever. With Kaepernick being a high second round draft pick, he should be the starter in 2012 but in no way, shape or form do I want him starting in 2011 unless its from week one. I dont want to see a repeat of Rattay/Smith with Smith/Kaepernick.

49ers have a solid team but not spectacular. ILB with Bowman is a question mark. NT and DE opposite Smith are also question marks. CB is the biggest question mark on defense. Also, OLB is also a question mark because Haralson sucks, Brooks is average and Smith is a rookie so im not expecting much from him.

Offensively, excluding Smith, its all about the OL. Iupati is a stud. Staley is solid. Goodwin should win the starting spot and im hoping Snyder starts over Rachal because he's crap. Davis at RT needs to improve. I was hoping for us to sign Brian Waters and move him to RG so he can be the veteran next to Davis.

Just have to wait and see what happens. Madden wise, im signing Tatupu to play next to Willis, Waters to play RG with Snyder the backup. Im moving Rachal to LG to backup Iupati, Sopoaga to NT and Reggie Smith to FS. My main weakness on defense will be the two OLB's. I'm going to have Smith and Halarson as the starters since they're the two highest rated players at OLB since Lawson was allowed to leave.

And im signing WR Terrell Owens.
People have this misconception that only QB's need to know what everyone is doing, every position needs to know ..

Oh I'll be signing TO in Madden also .. no way I couldn't ..

I think Bowman will do great beside Willis .. but I'm going to miss Franklin, how dare they let him get away ..

It was good to see Smith try and help the team this year during the lockout, and his leadership abilities are not in question on/off the field .. but he just can't play the position, it's overwhelming for him ..

And it's sad since I have seen flashes of brilliance, but it's not enough and I have no confidence in him anymore ..

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.