Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out some of the new NBA 2K12 screenshots.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NY State of Mind @ 09/09/11 01:29 AM
I'm not gonna not buy the game cause of wrong sneakers or whatever cause ofcourse Gameplay is first and foremost but to say sneakers don't mean anything in basketball is wrong. Anybody who plays basketball would beg to differ and most NBA players are sneaker heads. Sneakers are a big part of NBA...why do you think most sneaker markets are based around the sport of Basketball with commercials, magazine adds, etc.

And just to note I wonder if Shaq has any tattoos on his 98 version although I'm not even sure how many he had at that time. And I wonder if Magic could get blue knee pads instead of yellow, etc.

Since we don't have the game in our hands....all we can really comment on from pics is the cosmetic aspect of the game so people need to chill with all the barbie stuff. Just cause you don't care and didn't grow up influenced in the basketball culture with sneakers doesn't mean your right and everybody else is wrong. In certain communities this was our heroes and people followed everything they did from their attire, etc.

# 22 23 @ 09/09/11 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneniq
Is this a pc mod?

# 23 blingballa333 @ 09/09/11 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Is this a pc mod?
That looks like 2k12 to me. Don't know where he found those tho...

# 24 NY State of Mind @ 09/09/11 01:44 AM
It might be cause I thought they had Webber with short fade instead of some hair but I could be wrong

# 25 23 @ 09/09/11 02:52 AM
I dont buy it

# 26 strekedesire @ 09/09/11 03:19 AM
those shoes that Webber/Worthy/Mullin are wearing are the 2K12 generics, so screens look legit as far as i can tell.

# 27 neptuneniq @ 09/09/11 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I dont buy it
they're real

if u guys follow OP on twitter they retweeted a guy who tried the game out. 2k gave those pics for him to use

# 28 23 @ 09/09/11 03:48 AM
Quote:
they're real

if u guys follow OP on twitter they retweeted a guy who tried the game out. 2k gave those pics for him to use
Alright a guy named Brian Tong re-tweeted on OS's twitter page

Looks like they are real, still not sure if its console or not but its not some fan made mod looks like

# 29 squeakybirnbaum @ 09/09/11 04:03 AM
2K12 looks like it's going to be the best game ever, but you gotta admit the shoes kinda do stick out when they are so low resolution when everything else is so high resolution.

# 30 OGKing @ 09/09/11 04:09 AM
Woah, those look like PC mods. I know they're for the console, because if you take a look at Kobe in a 2k video, he looks like a PC mod as well.

# 31 MessenjahMatt @ 09/09/11 04:21 AM
"Where Amazing Happens" commercials for My Player? Is that new? (I never got around to the mode in 2K11)

# 32 portlandblazer @ 09/09/11 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedude24
from the pics, the shoes are good enough to me....

so not sure what's the complain about.....
good for you, im glad the shoes are good enough for you. so not sure why youre complaining about people commenting on the shoes....

if accurate shoes dont matter to you, why do people that DO want accurate shoes matter to you?

i think a majority of people want the game to look authentic, why is it that the few people that dont care about shoes and accessories constantly have to express that particular opinion? and in such a demeaning tone, as if they are more masculine because they "dont even look at shoes"?

we dont want to play barbie/dress up....we only want the game to reflect a real nba game, PERIOD! shoes are on the tv screen the same way as the jerseys, faces, hairstyles, courts etc... they should be given the exact same attention as any other thing on an nba basketball court.

# 33 portlandblazer @ 09/09/11 05:27 AM
Quote:
the openings in the back of magics knee pads =

mullins sig shot =

new generics look better but still too colorful

# 34 Shakedowncapo @ 09/09/11 05:31 AM
I need this game in my PC already!

# 35 Goffs @ 09/09/11 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Alright a guy named Brian Tong re-tweeted on OS's twitter page

Looks like they are real, still not sure if its console or not but its not some fan made mod looks like
I'm playing the 92' mod and that Mullin on the pic is on point. The modders never updated Mullins face.

Another way of telling if its a PC mod or not is to look at the legs. The thighs on 2k12 are much thicker since in 2k11 the shorts pretty much covered that up.

# 36 NY State of Mind @ 09/09/11 05:34 AM
well they're real....nice the faces look nicely detailed and that is an awesome Mullin

# 37 mreyes930 @ 09/09/11 08:28 AM
Since 2K appears to have fixed Chris Webber, does that mean that they may have also fixed "Old" Penny and "Ashy" Richmond?

# 38 BodyBump @ 09/09/11 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
Since 2K appears to have fixed Chris Webber, does that mean that they may have also fixed "Old" Penny and "Ashy" Richmond?
Aholbert confirmed that the young skinny penny is in the game.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdilla
Did they put young Penny or old penny on the magic!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Young Penny is on the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
Is Penny skinny?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes he is..

# 39 VDusen04 @ 09/09/11 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyBump
Aholbert confirmed that the young skinny penny is in the game.

I'm good with either type of Penny they use, but I'm not sure I'd actually call that quote a confirmation for those who are real sticklers about it. The "starting five" picture of Penny was still skinny enough to me, for instance. So to confirm he's skinny may not be confirming too much. And the confirmation of a young Penny could just mean it's the '95 version of his abilities, not necessarily his face.

Maybe he meant it how you took it, but I just wanted to throw out that it was at least a little open to interpretation. Those foggy statements tend to sprout up later, when users buy the game and say something like, "But he said for sure that Penny's precise young 1995 face was in the game! Why did he lie?!"

# 40 DurtySoufReppin @ 09/09/11 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
lmao @ "Ashy Richmond"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.