Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #5, as Producer Erick Boenisch, gives us a look at the updates to My Player mode.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TUSS11 @ 09/09/11 02:59 PM
Finally! This better be good.

# 2 23 @ 09/09/11 03:01 PM
Ah well... nevermind

continue

# 3 RedSceptile @ 09/09/11 03:05 PM
I've only got one thing to say to 2K

# 4 etched Chaos @ 09/09/11 03:09 PM
I would've liked him to highlight whether the commentary team has more My Player lines this year. I always felt My Player was a little meh in regards to commentary.

# 5 infam0us @ 09/09/11 03:13 PM
So far everything I've asked for they have included, I love these guys who work in 2k. I asked for fastbreak drill, knockout and around the world and its now in the game

Only thing left is the Nets moving from New Jersey to Brooklyn in association mode. I doubt they have this one but if they do I might scream like a little girl after meeting Bieber.

# 6 DurtySoufReppin @ 09/09/11 03:15 PM
They really went in depth with the player abilities..

instead of having 1 attribute they went more in depth

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...25829631_n.jpg

Imagine how much this will be a factor on the regular players as well. Players like Durant and Melo will have much better pull up game than Lebron. Unlike on 2k11 where everybody was pull-up artists if they had a mid range game.

This also means more than likely the "shot low post" will be seperated into jump shots and hook shots just like I asked. Players like Zach Randolph and Tim Duncan will be more effective with hook shots, while players like Dirk & Carmelo will be better with fadeaways out of the post.

This is easily gonna go down as the best sports game ever.

Roster makers are going to have a field day with this game.

# 7 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/09/11 03:15 PM
we knew most of this stuff

dissapointing

# 8 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/09/11 03:15 PM
I can confidently say I'll invest more time in My Player this year than I did with 2k11.

# 9 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/11 03:16 PM
so glad the combine and summer league is gone...

all the improvements sound fantastic...

# 10 VDusen04 @ 09/09/11 03:18 PM
This was a very well written insight. My Player appears much more accessible this year. I always liked the idea of having my own career, I just never had enough time to make my way through numerous 82 game seasons. The ability to simulate from key game to key game is relieving. Further, I am pleased to see new drills, as well as a Buzz reading. I'd often positively affect my team's chemistry last year, but I had trouble finding a section that'd tell me how good my team chemistry actually was.

Overall, I'm surely looking forward to this mode. It looks like a lot of fun. With specific "skills within a skill", as opposed to a general "ballhandling" rating, it seems I'll be able to more accurately create my NBA equivalent cyber-VDusen. I'm also happy to see the monotonous summer activities removed. Just a lot of good things happening here.

# 11 RedSceptile @ 09/09/11 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX

dissapointing

# 12 Goffs @ 09/09/11 03:21 PM
dang was hoping to catch a glimpse of the cap system. This was a good long read...all insights should be this long.

# 13 cavsfan2 @ 09/09/11 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
They really went in depth with the player abilities..

instead of having 1 attribute they went more in depth

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...25829631_n.jpg

Imagine how much this will be a factor on the regular players as well. Players like Durant and Melo will have much better pull up game than Lebron. Unlike on 2k11 where everybody was pull-up artists if they had a mid range game.

This also means more than likely the "shot low post" will be seperated into jump shots and hook shots just like I asked. Players like Zach Randolph and Tim Duncan will be more effective with hook shots, while players like Dirk & Carmelo will be better with fadeaways out of the post.

This is easily gonna go down as the best sports game ever.

Roster makers are going to have a field day with this game.
Oh thank god its 16k. first time i read it i thought it said 160k
All these additions sound great. I was considering not buying until the NBA season starts, but no way thats happening now

# 14 soxnut1018 @ 09/09/11 03:22 PM
Adam ****ing Silver?

# 15 MrBigShot1 @ 09/09/11 03:23 PM
Quote:

dissapointing
If you are disappointed after this, the best option for you would be to probably just stop following the game all together...

Really good insight. I especially like the activities, broken down player abilities, player buzz and I like the fact that they changed the press conference answer method.

Now there is no more "Should I answer [insert type of answer here] on every question to raise so and so" and there is no more clicking on Professional and having something sounding more indifferent or loyal come up.

Summer league/Combine were indeed pretty monotonous, happy to see them leave.

My Player has improved ALOT more from last year than 2k10 to 2k11. Good job 2k.

# 16 VDusen04 @ 09/09/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
Adam ****ing Silver?
I have to be honest, little additions like that really make my day.

# 17 The 24th Letter @ 09/09/11 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Ah well... nevermind

continue
you and your my player beef, lol....you mustve got thrown in the NBDL in 2k11..

take a look at the comments after the FB article...the majority speaks sir!

# 18 XenoZograscope @ 09/09/11 03:28 PM
Quote:

dissapointing
I swear this is about the 2nd or 3rd thread you posted in with the same remark. SMH

# 19 chadskee @ 09/09/11 03:31 PM
http://downloads.2kgames.com/2ksport...g/image267.bmp

I think the CAPs look much better than last year. It may be only two, but they seem more believable to me.

# 20 coolcras7 @ 09/09/11 03:31 PM
I guess adding Legends did not affect 2k from making the best sports game ever.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.