Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Hey Everyone,

I’d like to provide everyone with an update on where we are with the two of the main issues with NCAA Football 12. Once I have more information to share, I’ll provide another update.

- No Huddle Issue introduced in title update #2

We’ve identified and fixed the “No Huddle” bug that was introduced in title update #2. Since becoming aware of the issue, we immediately began work on a resolution and this will be released in the next title update. Title Update #3 is currently in our own internal certification process and we’ll provide an update once we make it through the 1st party certification process (Sony and Microsoft).

- Transfer Fails

The team has been working around the clock to identify and address the transfer fail issues that some of you have been experiencing. While we have been successful in addressing many of the transfer fail issues that users who were stuck in “Bowl Week” were experiencing, we are still investigating the other versions of the transfer error. It’s important to let you know that the “Transfer Fail” message is a generic message and could be one of several different issues. We have been reaching out to the community to collect additional information about their Online Dynasties to help us track down and solve these issues. With the number of customizable options available in Online Dynasty, it’s imperative that we get these details in order to replicate the issues. We thank you for your continued support and detailed feedback on the issues at hand.

If you are experiencing a transfer fail issue, and have not done so already, feel free to provide us with the following information here in this thread:

Name of Dynasty:

Console:

Gamertag/PSN ID:

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID:

Number of users in Dynasty:

Exact week/spot where you are stuck:

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember):

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.):

Any special settings in your dynasty (Custom Playbooks, TeamBuilder,
Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences):

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league):

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? Visually seeing this is huge for the developers.

Please copy and paste the format above in your response so that it's easy to pass along to the team. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Justin Dewiel, EA SPORTS Community Manager

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 TDKing @ 09/28/11 11:57 AM
My online dynasty freezes, locks up my whole xbox every time I advance a week now. It freezes right at the point where it says deleting temporary files. I started advancing from the web now to avoid my xbox freezing. Also getting the transfer failed message after some games. I lost a bowl win cause of it. If the patch doesn't fix this then its the end of NCAA for us.

# 162 Pielet @ 09/28/11 12:05 PM
Why can't it always save what it's trying to upload to your local hard drive then give the user the option to upload it if it fails to autoupload?

# 163 Phobia @ 09/28/11 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
When you advanced, did your game stay saved or did it sim it? How many highlights are you trying to upload? The 1st 3 uploaded fine for me, but the 4th one spazzed out. I'm going to try and upload only 3 next time.
It doesn't matter if i have 1 highlight or all 5. It always freezes on me

# 164 ortwine3 @ 09/28/11 02:48 PM
Name of Dynasty: NutJugglers

Console: 360

Gamertag/PSN ID: DPDelinquent

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID: DPDelinquent

Number of users in Dynasty: 3

Exact week/spot where you are stuck: We're on the players leaving stage in the off-season, and the transfer fails when the game starts to upload (while I'm advancing) the rosters to be used in Madden (I'm not downloading them, nor do I even get to the part where that is an option)

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember): Right around 12 AM Wednesday morning (9-28-11)

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.): Like I said, it's while advancing the dynasty past the players leaving stage, when it starts to upload the rosters to be downloaded for madden (again, I don't even get to the part where that is an option, and it is not something I ever do)

Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences): We allow custom playbooks which everyone uses despite those frustrations. We also use the coaching carousel and custom conferences.

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league): We changed the teams that are in the Big 12. There are still 10 teams, but I play as Tulane while my friends are playing as UL Lafayette and UL Monroe. We have also added LSU to our conference (during the last off-season) and the teams we have taken out (and put into the conferences we withdrew our other teams from) are Kansas, Iowa State and Texas Tech. Later we swapped Kansas State with LSU.

I hope to hear from you soon, and hope we can resolve this because we are all huge NCAA fans and have been playing for years, yet this game has been a big headache and a huge turnoff to the franchise.

# 165 Keyser Soze @ 09/29/11 08:57 AM
I could take a stab at it: "We are working on it around the clock 24/7 and will let you know something when we know something."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger2003
Dewiel can we get an update?

# 166 Keyser Soze @ 09/30/11 11:21 AM
Man, its Friday... I was hoping to hear some positive progress made by today...

# 167 Phobia @ 09/30/11 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Man, its Friday... I was hoping to hear some positive progress made by today...
There is one positive. Battlefield 3 beta is pretty great and we get to play it all weekend

# 168 jeremym480 @ 09/30/11 08:58 PM
Dewiel, my dynasty just disappeared so I'm hoping you can help us out with this. I was basically removing a user and when I hit the button to remove his I got a "dynasty unavailable" message and me or none of the user can get find it now.

Name of Dynasty: Jeremy4BAMA06OD1

Console: XBOX360

Gamertag/PSN ID: Jeremy4BAMA06

Commissioner's Gamertag/PSN ID: (same)

Number of users in Dynasty: 10

Exact week/spot where you are stuck: Week 2

Date & Approx time of your last transfer failure error (Please try again and provide the info if you don't remember): Sept 29th

When it is failing? (For example, is it when you're trying to upload a game, a team change, or after advancing a week? If it's advancing a week, can you include whether it is when you're advancing to or from your week. For example, advancing to week 7.): Disappeared while removing a user. I had actually tried to set the user on Auto Pilot a few times and each time it would reset.

Coaching Carousel, Custom Conferences): using coaching carousel and custom conferences.

If you're using Custom Conferences, what changes did you make? (Ex. Turning the Big East into a 16 team league):
Syracuse to the ACC Atlantic
Pitt to ACC Coastal
TCU to the Big East
Texas A&M to the SEC West
Fresno St, Hawaii, Nevada & BYU to the Mountain West
and
New Mexico & UNLV to the WAC

Do you/can you provide a video link showing off the exactly what you’re seeing on your console? No, I cannot get back into the OD at all. Even the option from the menu is gone.

# 169 mdiggitydawg @ 09/30/11 10:29 PM
You know what?! Enough's enough!

I have NO faith in anything you have to tell us Mr. Diewel. You, much like your company, have strung hopeful gamers along long enough.

Wow, I can't believe I am even so upset by what has transpired with not only your game, but also Madden. I never thought gaming would become so important to my life, but, given the current economy, I have found that drug/alcohol free entertainment, even escapism, IS important. SO when I decide to spend my $60 (which is not an easy decision to do anymore) I at least hope that I will find hours of entertainment in which I can block out the stresses of everyday life. Yet with your game and lack of professionalism, or even courtesy to those who have been faithful...I find myself even more stressed. Yes, I know...play the world's smallest violin and yes, I feel like a loser for even caring...but I do.

Worst part of this, I know my fellow forum posters will say I am whining and to shut up...and you know, you may be right.

# 170 Sundown2600 @ 10/01/11 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg

I have NO faith in anything you have to tell us Mr. Diewel. You, much like your company, have strung hopeful gamers along long enough.

Wow, I can't believe I am even so upset by what has transpired with not only your game, but also Madden. I never thought gaming would become so important to my life, but, given the current economy, I have found that drug/alcohol free entertainment, even escapism, IS important. SO when I decide to spend my $60 (which is not an easy decision to do anymore) I at least hope that I will find hours of entertainment in which I can block out the stresses of everyday life. Yet with your game and lack of professionalism, or even courtesy to those who have been faithful...I find myself even more stressed. Yes, I know...play the world's smallest violin and yes, I feel like a loser for even caring...but I do.

Worst part of this, I know my fellow forum posters will say I am whining and to shut up...and you know, you may be right.
No reason to apologize for what you wrote, or for how you feel. Most of us are frustrated just as you are. My fear is they won't fix any of the other problems with the game after they send this pacth that fixes the no huddle, not to mention the fact that this patch could possibly screw up something else that works properly.

We finally get a college game current gen that plays great, yet it's riddled with bug after bug. A complete disaster for EA Tiburon.

# 171 Phobia @ 10/02/11 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiggitydawg

I completely agree with the frustration. My cousin who is in my online dynasty is a casual gamer and he completely wants to break the game. I have wanted to trade it in but have several friends who like to play it online and in dynasty so I have hung on just for that. But my god this has been a frustrating experience.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Next year I am sticking to basketball and soccer. Those are the only two games that are worth the money in my opinion (the show also I am just not a baseball fan). I really think everyone needs pass on football purchases next year. It has nothing to do with Justin, nothing to do with EA, all it has to do with is making a statement we want innovation and quality. As it stands now, football lags behind all sport games. Baseball slaughters it, Basketball is a no contest, soccer has competition and that has lead to improved quality, and even hockey has blown football out the water for several years. Hell NHL & Fifa has some type of physics engine and the one sport that requires it the most STILL does not have it. Now don't get me wrong, if they come out with the fifa physic engine in EA football next year does not mean innovation or quality has occurred. We can all guess that will happen soon enough. But the fact still stands EA football lags horribly behind all other sports games and will continue to do so until we refuse to purchase sub par quality.

Lastly, Justin is just one guy working for a company that tells him what should be given to us the public and how things are going. Don't take anything out on him, he is doing a good job at least being here. Trust me you would be much more unhappy if zero EA reps were at least on here to have your voice heard. So with that said, cut Dewiel some slack it is EA that needs to seriously look at how things are done. Because they are clearly pissing off not just the hardcore like us, but also the casual fans.

# 172 Pielet @ 10/02/11 08:58 AM
I can't believe people are surprised the company who royally screwed all xbox users of NCAA 10 Basketball (with no patch) would do the same with their other NCAA franchise.

# 173 LionsFanNJ @ 10/02/11 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
I can't believe people are surprised the company who royally screwed all xbox users of NCAA 10 Basketball (with no patch) would do the same with their other NCAA franchise.
That irks me more than anything especially since the NCAA overcharges for the license which in essence killed all college hoops games as the sales don't make up for it.

# 174 Sundown2600 @ 10/02/11 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
The sad part about it is the game was actually pretty good. All they needed to do was patch the CPU post game and a few other things and it would have been a solid title.

EA Sports' greed has been detrimental to sports gaming no doubt about it. They secure an exclusive license for ex amount of years and then all of a sudden stop making games because of lack of sales. They did the same thing to NASCAR.

# 175 Pielet @ 10/02/11 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
The sad part about it is the game was actually pretty good. All they needed to do was patch the CPU post game and a few other things and it would have been a solid title.
Yes it was. Presentation wise it was the greatest.

# 176 Aranor @ 10/02/11 01:24 PM
Compare basketball between EA and 2k. Competition makes the companies have to make superb games. Last time I looked NBA 2k11 smoked EA because the made a better game. Now with a monopoly in football with no competition, why would a business have to try when there is no other company to buy from? make a few entrances here or there on different teams and make the graphics slightly better. Don't improve the game play very much, have a bunch of bugs, and release it. How will it hurt the company if there is no other competitor. And if you purchased it, it was from a 3rd party so trading it in or selling it doesn't hurt EA.

# 177 NateDogPack12 @ 10/02/11 03:36 PM
So this may be a dumb question, but is this 3rd title update going to fix any other issues other than no huddle? I would like to see the custom playbook issues resolved as well.

# 178 Keyser Soze @ 10/02/11 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
So this may be a dumb question, but is this 3rd title update going to fix any other issues other than no huddle? I would like to see the custom playbook issues resolved as well.
pretty sure no... the LARGER question is what will it break!

# 179 killcasualfan @ 10/02/11 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Compare basketball between EA and 2k. Competition makes the companies have to make superb games. Last time I looked NBA 2k11 smoked EA because the made a better game. Now with a monopoly in football with no competition, why would a business have to try when there is no other company to buy from? make a few entrances here or there on different teams and make the graphics slightly better. Don't improve the game play very much, have a bunch of bugs, and release it. How will it hurt the company if there is no other competitor. And if you purchased it, it was from a 3rd party so trading it in or selling it doesn't hurt EA.
ding ding ding... we have a winner folks

# 180 Keyser Soze @ 10/02/11 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcasualfan
ding ding ding... we have a winner folks
while I hear what you are saying what is your point? is your point that it makes GOOD business sense to buy out the exclusive rights so you can make a larger profit with a lessor game? are you expecting EA to ditch the exclusive rights and have their profit margins shrink?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.