Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #13, featuring Producer, Erick Boenisch, as he talks about Online Association.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Eman5805 @ 09/29/11 06:19 PM
Good stuff. I might, repeat, MIGHT give this a go.

Quote:
In Public Associations, a vote can be requested to have a player kicked from an Association in which he/she has exhibited questionable behavior. In Private Associations, the commissioner has the ability to remove a player from his/her league at any time. We know you all take your online leagues seriously, so it was important for us to provide you with the tools you need to maintain these leagues over a period of multiple seasons.
That's a welcome feature, from an outsider perspective I mean.

But it raises a satellite question of just how many females play this game online anyway? Can't imagine it's a large amount.

And by "On the move" insight I assume that's all about The Move functionality, right?

# 2 shayellis @ 09/29/11 06:20 PM
Does anybody know if we can use sliders in online association??? Its very important

# 3 Classic88 @ 09/29/11 06:20 PM
Sounds cool. Not much of an online guy though. I might give this a shot

# 4 kjjnesb @ 09/29/11 06:24 PM
Really wish they would have fine tuned the offline before they tried to take it online.

# 5 AgaliareptX @ 09/29/11 06:25 PM
I would be surprised if Public league are any successful from a "sim" point of view, but it seems like this system is perfect for private leagues if you're playing with friends or a community you're familiar with and can coordinate well with.

On a side note, can you upload draft classes to online associations (by the commish, I'd assume), or are you stuck with the generated ones?

# 6 Gosens6 @ 09/29/11 06:25 PM
So, no information at all about Association mode improvements?? Absolutely nothing..

WOW

# 7 AgaliareptX @ 09/29/11 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
Really wish they would have fine tuned the offline before they tried to take it online.
I think the biggest issues with offline were just the need for AI improvement (something they've gotten better at every year), and I'm sure they've worked on that as well.

In theory, online associations would have significantly less AI interaction (although still plenty, such as Free Agency for example) unless you're playing in a league with a lot of other CPU teams.

# 8 Lerxt @ 09/29/11 06:27 PM
I'm sold! This is going to be awesome. I love the flex scheduling feature and the fact that inuries occur in number of games and not "real time".

I can't wait for Tuesday!!!!!

# 9 SouthBeach @ 09/29/11 06:29 PM
I'm typically an offline guy.

But this sounds pretty cool and I may give it a go once I get my XBL services.

# 10 DustinT @ 09/29/11 06:30 PM
Did OP make a new account just to post this? I think he did. Way too perfect

I'm stoked for this mode.

/prayserversholdup

# 11 Jukeman @ 09/29/11 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgaliareptX
I think the biggest issues with offline were just the need for AI improvement (something they've gotten better at every year), and I'm sure they've worked on that as well.

In theory, online associations would have significantly less AI interaction (although still plenty, such as Free Agency for example) unless you're playing in a league with a lot of other CPU teams.
There's actually alot of things that needs to be fine tuned in that mode and AI isn't really at the top anymore because it arguably was great last year.

With that said, casual gamer would probably want a simple association (just play in a organized 82 game season with FA/draft and playoffs)
So some of the things they could have fine tuned (if they didn't this year) like chemistry, player roles and etc wouldn't really matter online, so yes I agree with you somewhat.

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk

# 12 alexthegreat @ 09/29/11 06:31 PM
never really been an online association guy, but im actually excited to try it this year

# 13 Freak123 @ 09/29/11 06:31 PM
I just hope the new draft interface for the Online Association applies to Offline Association, because it looks really good, and might be easier to navigate. I sincerely doubt I'll be playing any kind of Online Association, NBA 2K online just really isn't for me.

# 14 kjjnesb @ 09/29/11 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgaliareptX

I hope your right I wasn't looking for a whole lot of flash or weekly highlight show. Just for the CPUs to manage themselves better and for them to fix all the problems with game created coaches.

# 15 shmitty @ 09/29/11 06:32 PM
Only really cared about my player before I read this, but it looks really good. Can't wait.

# 16 iLLosophy @ 09/29/11 06:37 PM

# 17 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/29/11 06:37 PM
we finally get an insight abut online and all i read in here is how many ppl dont play online..

but really this sounds awesome for the online guys..

# 18 CM Hooe @ 09/29/11 06:38 PM
Maybe I've been missing out, but with online association this game is now officially on my radar.

# 19 Virix @ 09/29/11 06:41 PM
The two things I am most curious about went unmentioned. Custom rosters and full sliders. I really need to be able to put the rookies on the teams for Association mode. I would love to assume they are included in Online Association, but history has told me to never assume when it comes to game features.

# 20 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/29/11 06:41 PM
i wonder if weekly and monthly awards r in online association as well as end of the year awards..It might sound like a dumb question to ask but for some reason Madden doesnt have this.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.