Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 News Post

Pro Evolution Soccer is back! Our own Kelvin Mak gives you his first impressions of this year's game on his way to the final review being released next week!

Read More - Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Reviewer Initial Impressions

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 4 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 cadalyst17 @ 09/30/11 11:35 AM
Fair impressions. Gotta say even though it was a little too fast paced-arcadey. PES demo did capture the soul and spirit of soccer.

# 2 PAPERNUT @ 09/30/11 01:26 PM
Retail seems to be slower to me as that was a concern of mine from the demo, but -2 may be too slow now.

# 3 miraiii @ 09/30/11 03:44 PM
Hmm...AI sounds great...i cant imagine how fifa with pes AI would play like...i really cant get over stupid wingers any more....

but why doenst the review mention the ridiculous running animations? They are in pes since 2007...and im getting really fed up with the BS now...whats so hard about fixing running animations? does anybody else care?

# 4 poorch @ 09/30/11 10:57 PM
PC is the way to play if u play PES

i didnt find the keeper play to be sloppy at all, i saw several instances of 1 on 1, and the keeper was able to slap the ball away, other than that overall game play has improved from 2011, i actually lost to the COM as well

PES is still far away in terms of polish, but i def enjoy playing it more than FIFA

# 5 EvanRG @ 09/30/11 11:41 PM
I love this game because it continues to never get old. I think that honestly if you fixed a lot of these "issues" that many people have with PES, the game would completely lose it's personality. Sure, we can shore up the Goalkeepers a bit, but wouldn't that perhaps take away the creative and dynamic goals that we see in PES? What about the running animation? Wouldn't a lot of people complain that the feel of the game had changed for the worse?

I don't know -- I love this game as is. When Daymos releases his option file with all the kits (hopefully international as well), this will become my favorite game of all time. And I don't mean to pump up this game as perfect, but to me it is and that's all that matters. I'm sure there are people who absolutely hate it, dislike it, sort of like it, and love it like me, but I guess that's the beauty of video games.

# 6 Peninc @ 10/01/11 04:11 AM
This is exactly what I would have written. Well done write up on the game. Your problems with it are exactly the same problems I have and I hope that they can be rectified by a patch. Those qualms aside I absolutely love the gameplay and how dynamic it is. It really is unfortunate that so often Konami slip up on these seemingly simple things that would have made the game feel a bit more 'complete'. However it is still the football game I most enjoy playing especially for my single player experience.

# 7 tabulaRasa @ 10/03/11 04:34 PM
Pes Got more soul.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.