Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Miami Heat (1st Defense, 3rd Offense, 1st Overall)
Chicago Bulls (2nd Defense, 19th Offense, 2nd Overall)
Boston Celtics (6th Defense, 10th Offense, 3rd Overall)
Los Angeles Lakers (3rd Defense, 12th Offense, 4th Overall)
Dallas Mavericks (9th Defense, 1st Offense, 5th Overall)
Memphis Grizzlies (12th Defense, 4th Offense, 6th Overall)
Oklahoma City (13th Defense, 9th Offense, 7th Overall)
San Antonio Spurs (4th Defense, 7th Offense, 8th Overall)
Orlando Magic (5th Defense, 13th Offense, 9th Overall)
Denver Nuggets (20th Defense, 2nd Offense, 10th Overall)
Portland Trailblazers (14th Defense, 20th Offense, 11th Overall)
Atlanta Hawks (15th Defense, 8th Offense, 12th Overall)
Phoenix Suns (18th Defense, 6th Offense, 13th Overall)
Utah Jazz (17th Defense, 15th Offense, 14th Overall)
New Orleans Hornets (7th Defense, 16th Offense, 15th Overall)
Philadelphia 76ers (10th Defense, 17th Offense, 16th Overall)
Los Angeles Clippers (19th Defense, 19th Offense, 17th Overall)
New York Knicks (28th Defense, 5th Offense, 18th Overall)
Houston Rockets (16th Defense, 22nd Offense, 19th Overall)
Golden State Warriors (23rd Defense, 11th Offense, 20th Overall)
Indiana Pacers (11th Defense, 21st Offense, 21st Overall)
Milwaukee Bucks (8th Defense, 23rd Offense, 22nd Overall)
Detroit Pistons (29th Defense, 14th Offense, 23rd Overall)
Sacramento Kings (24th Defense, 24th Offense, 24th Overall)
Washington Wizards (25th Defense, 25th Offense, 25th Overall)
New Jersey Nets (26th Defense, 27th Offense, 26th Overall)
Cleveland Cavaliers (21st Defense, 26th Offense, 27th Overall)
Toronto Rapters (22nd Defense, 28th Offense, 28th Overall)
Charlotte Bobcats (27th Defense, 29th Offense, 29th Overall)
Minnesota Timberwolves (30th Defense, 30th Offense, 30th Overall)

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TripleCrown9 @ 10/01/11 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT
Those aren't the secondary, those are an old school jersey. Retro #3 in the game.

Kings also got a new jersey.
Than I stand corrected. They looked similar to me.

# 42 DJT @ 10/01/11 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
I also womder what happened to the T-Wolves, Magic, and Hornets new alts. from last year. I know the teams didn't get rid of them so where are they??
I was wondering the same thing.

# 43 TripleCrown9 @ 10/01/11 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
there was a list leaked earlier in the summer that had the 00-01 sixers on it, then they didnt get in the game. But now since 2k is using DLC I was wondering if the 00-01 sixers could bea team included. Plus they have the AI sixer uniforms.
probably more wishful thinking than anything
Oh ok, I thought you were referring to these

I got confused because the ones you meant have been in. I forgot that the 00-01 Sixers were brought up earlier this summer.

# 44 Altimus @ 10/01/11 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastrin
No love for the Nets, instead 2K disses us by giving us a "NEW YORK" alternate. WHERE ARE THE NEW JERSEY blue and silvers?

Looks like NBA 2K13, the NEW JERSEY fans are stuck playing with Brooklyn uniforms cause you already know 2K wont add in NEW JERSEY retros. That is very disrespectful.
I always liked those silver jerseys.

Sent from my HTC EVO

# 45 VDusen04 @ 10/01/11 07:08 PM
Quote:
AI era sixer uniforms..... could it be.... possibly a dlc?

Better be free though.
Those AI era Sixer uniforms have been in 2K since the inception of 2K. They were just tacked on as retros the year Philly switched back to the old school logo, kind of how Washington's jerseys from last year are now retroed.

Quote:
there was a list leaked earlier in the summer that had the 00-01 sixers on it, then they didnt get in the game. But now since 2k is using DLC I was wondering if the 00-01 sixers could bea team included. Plus they have the AI sixer uniforms.
probably more wishful thinking than anything
Also, I'm not trying to pile on, but are you referring to the list brought about by a random poster saying he had a friend who worked for 2K. I'd love for additional historic teams in 2K12, but I wouldn't use that post on that website as a basis for excitement. It was so strange how everyone assumed his word to be true.

# 46 VDusen04 @ 10/01/11 07:14 PM
Quote:
I sat there in awe, my eyes wide open as I watched the NETS jerseys switch from Home... Away.... to ALTERNATE --- heart begins to race, feelings of childhood Christmas.

CAN IT BE... DID 2K FINALLY PUT IN THE NETS ALTERNATES???????
I had the same thoughts. I was also thinking that on the Toronto retro jerseys during that little pause when I saw an additional retro pop up. Alas, I forgot Toronto had those Huskies jerseys. I was hoping for some Dinosaurs.

I don't mean this in jest, but I wonder what the process truly is for selecting which retro jerseys are made and which are not (for 2K). If it was simply a matter of throwing in absolutely any retros they wanted, I'd have to believe the Phoenix sunblast uniforms would have been added years ago. I'm just curious as to which factors play a part (aside from a moving team like New Jersey requesting no New Jersey reference).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Boogie3
You know what I came to realize, no matter how much the devs at 2K make the gameplay better, gives us different modes to play, or what ever it may be to make the actual game overall better, people will always complain. Come on people, complaining about something as small as "leaving out jerseys" That is so wack! What about all of the things that they have done to make the gameplay better and things of that nature. SMH it's sad how some people always find the bad in every good aspect
I suppose we all have our things. I'll definitely play 2K12 and I'm thinking there's a 98% chance I'll love it. But I don't think that means I must never voice an opinion on what more I wish could have been included. Personally, as a really big retro roster guy, the inclusion of more classic jerseys would do a ton for this game. Whereas I look at things like My Player contracts with general indifference, the addition of some '93 Suns retros would get me hyped, for I'd finally be able to relive the '93 Finals. Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Dan Majerle, putting in work. That's a big deal to me. And it's a big deal to others. There's actually a moderate amount of gamers who play 2K for retro teams first and currents second. And again, I'm not upset, but I always wish for a retro blowout like we saw with NBA Live on the previous consoles.

# 47 Eman5805 @ 10/01/11 07:14 PM
Nice that my Hornets are 7th in D. Can't really ask for more than that.

*covers eyes to keep from looking at videos*

I mustn't ruin the wide eyed "Oooo"ing and "ahhhh"ing when I first boot it up...

But it's SO damn tempting.

# 48 Ardente @ 10/01/11 07:48 PM
I replaced Fernandez with Stevenson in the starting lineup. Dallas jumps to 5th in D

# 49 LionsFanNJ @ 10/01/11 08:00 PM
Quote:
Nope....

'NEW YORK NETS' alternate, absolutely no recognition of the KIDD ERA. some BS Brooklyn prelude.

Thanks 2K Sports, I am still buying 2K12 though.
Actually no. They're the Dr. J classic ABA unis. And id rather have them first followed by the DRAZEN PETROVIC DERRICK COLEMAN ERA Blues Then the Blue/Greys.

# 50 cashless @ 10/01/11 08:08 PM
Not a big deal, but the load time between switching jerseys may become annoying in the long run.

# 51 Al_Boogie3 @ 10/01/11 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I had the same thoughts. I was also thinking that on the Toronto retro jerseys during that little pause when I saw an additional retro pop up. Alas, I forgot Toronto had those Huskies jerseys. I was hoping for some Dinosaurs.

I don't mean this in jest, but I wonder what the process truly is for selecting which retro jerseys are made and which are not (for 2K). If it was simply a matter of throwing in absolutely any retros they wanted, I'd have to believe the Phoenix sunblast uniforms would have been added years ago. I'm just curious as to which factors play a part (aside from a moving team like New Jersey requesting no New Jersey reference).

I suppose we all have our things. I'll definitely play 2K12 and I'm thinking there's a 98% chance I'll love it. But I don't think that means I must never voice an opinion on what more I wish could have been included. Personally, as a really big retro roster guy, the inclusion of more classic jerseys would do a ton for this game. Whereas I look at things like My Player contracts with general indifference, the addition of some '93 Suns retros would get me hyped, for I'd finally be able to relive the '93 Finals. Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Dan Majerle, putting in work. That's a big deal to me. And it's a big deal to others. There's actually a moderate amount of gamers who play 2K for retro teams first and currents second. And again, I'm not upset, but I always wish for a retro blowout like we saw with NBA Live on the previous consoles.
I definitely understand what you are saying. And I'm not really harping on you and the guys that are really into retro. Someone stated that they arent buying the game because there arent enough retro jerseys in the game. I mean, seriously? is that what you are really buying the game for?

# 52 bangtite01 @ 10/01/11 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SdotThaDon
Yeah, still missing the Suns from the Barkley era and the Bulls pinstripes. they can patch art easier this year though, right?

i mean come on now, the 92-93 suns uniform has to be added......2k always give that lame Suns retro jersey.....when these jerserys are the ones they wore when they reached the finals against the bulls in '93............2K has to do a better job in getting the more popular retros in the game.

# 53 shonuff2k @ 10/01/11 09:28 PM
Afro Kobe got the 80 overall smh oh well

# 54 shootah66 @ 10/01/11 09:32 PM
wait a second, so you definitely cant edit players on the legendary teams?????

# 55 TripleCrown9 @ 10/01/11 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangtite01

i mean come on now, the 92-93 suns uniform has to be added......2k always give that lame Suns retro jersey.....when these jerserys are the ones they wore when they reached the finals against the bulls in '93............2K has to do a better job in getting the more popular retros in the game.
To be fair, the unis they included were from the 70s, i.e. when the Suns also made the finals.

# 56 TitanEagleMemDet @ 10/01/11 10:59 PM
I can't wait until the game comes out, I see my Grizzlies got some respect in the rankings, and my Pistons fell off but I will still be using both of my favorite teams [both part of my profile name]. Oct 4 aand the midnight release can't get here quick enough.

# 57 Notorious Arab @ 10/01/11 11:26 PM
Boston ahead of Lakers?? Hmmmm...

# 58 metovics8 @ 10/02/11 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
This was actually two seasons ago, before they went retro for good.
hahaha i actually watched that game but thats a retro alt from the 80s/90s, i think the alt in 2k12 is a green version of the new unis with a fat stripe or whatever running down the side

# 59 TripleCrown9 @ 10/02/11 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metovics8
hahaha i actually watched that game but thats a retro alt from the 80s/90s, i think the alt in 2k12 is a green version of the new unis with a fat stripe or whatever running down the side
Lol yeah. They looked similar at first, but it makes sense to have the alternate green follow the same pattern as the normal uniforms. I dropped the ball on that one.

# 60 dezzy8 @ 10/02/11 01:27 AM
Anybody else disappointed by the lack of Nets jerseys for the last 2 years?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.