Home
Madden 12 News Post

Hello Madden Fans – We have been working hard monitoring issues seen in Madden NFL 12 and identifying fixes to include in title update #2. While we do not have a date to share yet, I can tell you that the update has already made it through our own internal certification process and has been sent off to first party. Pending first party approval, here is what you can expect to see in Title Update #2:

Custom Playbooks have seen a lot of use this year, but there were a few bugs that some users pointed out that we have fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where newly added sets would create their own formation category instead of grouping them in the same Set and Formation they were being added to. This should reduce some clutter in your playbooks going forward.
  • Fixed rare issue where some placeholder text would show up if you removed the last play for all game situations.
  • Fixed an issue where gameplans that had 0 plays in them would cause players to bundle together on the field. This was always avoidable by not setting 0 plays in your gameplan, but in the future this is prevented.
  • Fixed an issue in Madden Ultimate Team where your Ultimate Team playbook would get replaced with your default playbook (per your "My Settings").
Unfortunately, every year there are players that simply look for Exploits in the game and then use them in online head-to-head matches. We've been actively monitoring and cleaning up the leaderboards of clear egregious exploiters. We've also fixed bugs that allowed Exploits to happen.
  • Similar to an issue above, users could create a gameplan with 0 plays, which would then cause players to bundle up at the line of scrimmage and force an encroachment on the defense. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where users could pause the game with three seconds left in a quarter causing a lock up to occur. When the other player left the game the other would get a win.
Gameplay
  • (Cover 4) - Safeties with Inside Deep ¼ zone drop back instead of read-n-react on Run plays.
  • If the CPU tries to run down the play clock (late in halves) and runs an auto-motion play, they will not start the play early enough or hike the ball before the play clock expires as the player is still in motion.
  • Tuned down the frequency to block field goals by users running off the edge.
  • When a two-point conversion is booth reviewed and ruled no good, the game clock will run while selecting a play on kickoff.
  • Fixed issue when teams ran a QB Sneak the QB would get a speed burst.
  • Fixed issue when a user aims the L-Stick in any direction and pump fakes (using RB/R1 defenders in a QA Spy assignment) that will immediately blitz the QB, leaving defensive assignments.
  • Fixed issue where live balls on muffed punts that are recovered in the end zone were resulting in a touchback rather than a safety.
Madden Ultimate Team
  • Fixed an issue where users were awarded coins when their friends quit out of a head-to-head game.
  • Fixed a situation where user with a maxed out deck could get locked up in the My Trades screen.
  • Fixed issue where previous MUT fans could not earn the "This one is easy" achievement/trophy for creating their MUT team in Madden NFL 12.
  • Removed an exploit where a MUT player grieve another player through encroachments and other penalties but not lose contract time from their players. They would also receive coins.
General Issues
  • Fixed several of the most common crashes and online disconnection issues for both platforms.
  • Optimized performance in "Play Now" team select to prevent slow down/hitching when scrolling teams
  • Improved the online leaderboards to be more accurate.
  • Fixed several issues with commentary and PA.
  • Addressed issue where users with large amounts of save data sometimes could not get into online head-to-head games.
  • Lowered the frequency of rain games in Franchise Mode.
  • Improved the field's texture on PS3.
  • The 'recent games' section for head-to-head games uses the wrong colors for winner & loser. This issue has been addressed.
  • Fixed issue where a user only appears as online in the Communities Member List if they're inside the community feature.
  • Fixed issue where in Franchise, editing a player will remove their player roles.
  • Fixed issue where when the maximum number of entrants for a room has been reached, after a user leaves the room, they'll be taken to a new room when they try to reenter it.

Update: Via @EAMaddenNFL Twitter

Quote:
ADDITIONAL TITLE UPDATE #2 FIX: We also fixed the import draft class bug where kickers and punters were being drafted in the top 10.

Source - Madden NFL 12 Title Update Details

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BoisePanther @ 10/07/11 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
There are teams that have rain literally every game if you're playing them as your franchise team. Hopefully the fix means that was fixed, and not that there's less chance for non-bugged teams.
I hope that's the case as well, then. I enjoy playing down in Miami with the Tropical Storm heavy rain coming down, in NY, Cleveland, Buffalo, NE, NY, Philly, etc., etc., etc. having the true Weather...

It's part of football!!

Thanks for the response.

# 42 The Real Ma$$ive @ 10/07/11 02:39 PM
I just wanted to come in and give a hand to myself, and all those who contributed to the thread concerning the PS3 field graphics. Many came in and taunted us, talked about our graphics engine, and not being able to do it, but we stood strong, provided visual proof, and here we are with PS3 fields being fixed in our new upcoming patch.

Just a post to say well done guys... Well done...

# 43 at23steelers @ 10/07/11 02:41 PM
Good patch, hit the major ones. Some minor ones:

- Signing Logic in Offline Franchise Mode
- Acc clock when starting franchise mode
- Super LB's swats
- Improving Penalties / Challenge Logic
- Improve Blocking on Kick and Punt Returns
- Crowd Noise

# 44 vstro @ 10/07/11 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoisePanther
I hope that's the case as well, then. I enjoy playing down in Miami with the Tropical Storm heavy rain coming down, in NY, Cleveland, Buffalo, NE, NY, Philly, etc., etc., etc. having the true Weather...

It's part of football!!

Thanks for the response.
The true weather? I live in Cleveland, and FYI it doesn't pour rain every single sunday..

# 45 ulua @ 10/07/11 02:44 PM
I was just hoping that they would have fixed the imported draft class, so that it would have the real players from NCAA12 and not fake player. I guess I'll never start my dynasty.

# 46 stevoxsole @ 10/07/11 02:53 PM
Honestly I would rather have the cartoon pictures of the imported draft class players because the fake onesare annoying as ****. Have you guys seen the Dez Bryant twin? Fat Andrew Luck. Lolz

# 47 BoisePanther @ 10/07/11 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstro
The true weather? I live in Cleveland, and FYI it doesn't pour rain every single sunday..
I didn't say it did there, toughguy...

# 48 Marino @ 10/07/11 02:55 PM
Quote:

It's part of football!!

Thanks for the response.
What are you talking about, it hardly ever rains at a Dolphins home game. That's not "True" football, its crap.

# 49 tiloj @ 10/07/11 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
I was just hoping that they would have fixed the imported draft class, so that it would have the real players from NCAA12 and not fake player. I guess I'll never start my dynasty.
What? You can import NCAA classes now, there a million threads on how to address any problems you might be having with this.

# 50 BoisePanther @ 10/07/11 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
What are you talking about, it hardly ever rains at a Dolphins home game. That's not "True" football, its crap.
Did I say it rained there every time?? Did you see where I said Tropical Storm?? Wow...I guess you were also in attendance when it was raining vs. the Pats as well??

# 51 eastcoast49ers @ 10/07/11 02:58 PM
So happy they are fixing the PS3 field issues and the Rain issue...

now let's just hope the patch doesn't break other parts of the game

# 52 Armor and Sword @ 10/07/11 03:02 PM
Looks good. I hope and pray the audio popping is gone. that was a monster pet peave of mine.

Glad to see I can now edit players with player roles.

I am thrilled they are fixing the custom playbooks.

The field textures....good. Not that it really ever bothered me...guess I am so old school I hardly noticed whatever people were complaining about on that front.

Now the only concern I have is the Blocked FG's from the edge.

In my franchise I have only blocked 2 FG's in 21 games played. One of them was a monster block returned for a TD that turned the entire game around for me and launched me into the post season. Now I understand they did this because it was probably being exploited online. So here is a case where offline players get the raw deal. I really hope I can still block a FG as I was never....ever able to do it on Madden 10 or 11. In fact Not since the Genesis days I could remember blocking FG's. I really hope they did not go overboard and nerfed it out completly.

# 53 poopoop @ 10/07/11 03:02 PM
Quote:
I'm not happy at all with the weather that needed to be "fixed."

Weather was fine and realistic for every encounter in all of my Franchises that I started/tested out.

It being "fixed" means absolutely no rain or snow hardly will ever occur now.

I hope the people that were crying about true football weather are now happy with their crystal clear skies all over the NFL landscape all year 'round...because that's exactly how EA's gonna do it with this upcoming Patch.

Either play in a Dome, or buy the AFL Game so it can be 73-56 final score.
Uhh even the dev team acknowledged that it was an issue. They knew it was broken way before the game was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It's not exactly predetermined. I wish it was, it would have allowed me to make sure it was properly tuned. It's based on "pseudo" random numbers... meaning it grabs different factors that are not random and combines them to make them varied. In other words, I can't "assign" weather for a specific game, I have a specific grouping of numbers that plug into a mathmatical equation, but the numbers polled to complete that calculations are not random, but determined by repeatable circumstances. Thus, the same game will produce the same weather each time.

We didn't redo the logic this year, only the numbers behind the scenes.

Unfortunately, this cropped up very late and it was the very first thing I worked on way back in January when I got here. Miami is actually set to zero precipitation in September because I was trying everything to get it to stop, but it didn't. I believe it's a bug related to dynamic time-of-day, but I'm not sure.

At any rate, I'm rewriting the system that determines the weather because the old system made zero sense, I just tried to do the best I could with it.
If they go to the opposite extreme and make it so that it never rains in some places instead of always raining, then that isn't a fix and not what people were asking for anyway.

# 54 UMhester04 @ 10/07/11 03:10 PM
When the hell are they gonna start using TUNERS. Why do they even have this feature if they aren't going to utilize it correctly?! I was expecting at least 4 by now.

# 55 vstro @ 10/07/11 03:11 PM
Quote:
I didn't say it did there, toughguy...
that's pretty much exactly what you said...

toughguy?

# 56 LionsFanNJ @ 10/07/11 03:12 PM
I don't know those patch notes suggest no more rain. I'll put money on we won't see a single rain game in our franchises anymore. But we'll see hopefully adembroski rewrote the coding/logic to a respectable outcome.

# 57 gamemaster-2005 @ 10/07/11 03:18 PM
So the UDFA problem remained un touched huh? WoW is all I can say at least come out and say that it can't be patched if that's the case.

# 58 gamemaster-2005 @ 10/07/11 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
When the hell are they gonna start using TUNERS. Why do they even have this feature if they aren't going to utilize it correctly?! I was expecting at least 4 by now.
Sucks but tuners come out same day or a day after patch.

# 59 KDog13 @ 10/07/11 03:26 PM
So they announce details soon on Sept 27th, Details come out Oct 7th, and now we have to wait for the patch for another 1-2 weeks?

# 60 OGKing @ 10/07/11 03:26 PM
Already traded mine in.

I can't deal with the UDFA stuff, kills franchise for me. In fact, the only reason why i buy sports games is for franchise.

If they release a patch for it, i'll buy it again, until then, waiting to get 2k12 next friday.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.