Home
Backbreaker News Post

Late Thursday night, a user on the Backbreaker forums posted a correspondence via private messaging with the head developer of the Backbreaker franchise, Todd Gibbs:

Quote:
Unfortunately, and unofficially, it is very unlikely that we will revisit BB/full-on football again. The company has changed direction and is currently not looking at console game.

I'll try to get the guys to do something more official and post on the forum.

Thanks for all your support over the years, its been fun

Todd

As of Friday morning, the official Backbreaker forums are down for maintenance, but the original post can still be seen via Google's cache feature.

If this is in fact the end of Backbreaker on consoles, at least the series retired a winner, with June's stellar Backbreaker: Vengeance, still available on Xbox Live Arcade, and on Playstation 3 in the PAL region.

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mestevo @ 06/15/12 09:16 PM
Think they had a drag racing game being played on an iPad/iPhone (vs) during the Apple WWDC keynote also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 42 KrazyATXLife @ 04/02/14 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
Save us Virtual Concepts you are our only hope.
u said it, man...haha

# 43 KrazyATXLife @ 04/02/14 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal
Yeah, it is amazing how they seem to be disavowing anything to do with Backbreaker (full football). I sent them an e-mail two weeks ago to see if they could give me a yes or no answer to a question. I asked them if Euphoria was licensed by a 3rd party developer that intends to make an American Football game.

I knew I would not get an answer but why not try? I heard nothing.

Maybe anyone interested in a Euphoria based football game should send them a similar e-mail, maybe someone will get lucky and get a response. I just want to know if something is in the works, the tech would work in the right hands.
Im a 3d artist and I'm about to make my own football video game like Backbreaker (since nobody else will and Madden sux)...let me know if u know anyone who is interested in helping....Right now I'm trying out game engines to see which one I like. (as far as physics)
Since Euphoria, Morpheme, and Endorphin are not an option...I'm pretty much deciding between CryEngine 3 and Unreal Engine 4.
Spread the word, I need all the help I can get....;p

# 44 KrazyATXLife @ 04/02/14 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
Save us Virtual Concepts you are our only hope.
u said it, man...haha

# 45 KingJavo @ 04/11/15 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyATXLife
Im a 3d artist and I'm about to make my own football video game like Backbreaker (since nobody else will and Madden sux)...let me know if u know anyone who is interested in helping....Right now I'm trying out game engines to see which one I like. (as far as physics)

Since Euphoria, Morpheme, and Endorphin are not an option...I'm pretty much deciding between CryEngine 3 and Unreal Engine 4.

Spread the word, I need all the help I can get....;p

Did you ever do anything? I'd be down to help if the plan was right.

# 46 KingJavo @ 04/16/15 03:20 PM
Guess nothing is happening here.

# 47 slenderman312295 @ 11/09/16 07:49 PM
hi guys i am looking for some backerbreaker friends for ps3 my name is slenderman312295 plezz send me some friend request thx.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.