Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The NBA 2K12 patch is available now for 360 owners and in the coming days for the PS3. If you are following along with Ronnie2K on Twitter, you will see some of the details, as listed below.

Make sure you leave details on your online experience, after the patch.

Quote:
  • The #NBA2K12 patch has been released on @XBOX. Please boot up your system and get the update, #PS3 in coming days- http://2kgam.es/NBA2K12
  • Purpose of patch is to help alleviate as many online issues as we can. Namely changing things in Loading Screens causing drops
  • Those are 2 main things we attempt to fix (network errors & long time in getting a game h2h/team-up) in the #NBA2K12Patch
  • Patch is supposed to fix the network drop if you manage defensive settings in load screen
  • Some people haven't got update as it rolls out regionally. Should be a couple hours as it gets everywhere. After that I need y'alls feedback

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 EarvGotti @ 10/14/11 12:05 AM
Online Association games are not working AT ALL now. We can't invite each other, and when we are able to invite the games just drop before they start.

This is ridiculous.

# 42 Mintsa @ 10/14/11 12:11 AM
For those that got a game in post patch. Can we now change jerseys?

# 43 MagicFan4Life @ 10/14/11 12:26 AM
This is ridiculous how we can't play online right now. I can't get into a Quick Game, Quick Game Team-Up, or have my friends join my locker room.

I really hope this is either because everyone hasn't gotten the patch yet or just because the server isn't adjusted to support the patch yet. Because if it's something really wrong with the patch, then it will takes weeks for 2K to fix. Perhaps even months.

# 44 heaven4242 @ 10/14/11 12:29 AM
I am so sick of NBA 2k12 online mode. First off what happenned to the lobbies that you can enter. I am sick of this quick match crap. I can't even get a game after the update. At least before the update I could get a game. I definitely hope Elite comes back strong next yr. Not wasting no more money on this JUNK!! and Oh yeah I also lost my player file too. It froze on me and came back up and it was deleted! I'm furious and I been waited on this crap to come out!!

# 45 whoahello @ 10/14/11 12:44 AM
Sounds like everything similar happened to last years game... C'mon 2K. I really want to buy this for Team-Up, but damn I don't think patches is the solution here. Just needs better servers.

# 46 tehova @ 10/14/11 12:59 AM
The first game post patch (this was about 7pm et)

Neither person hit start during the defensive lineups menu

I press start to change my camera and coach settings....after i press start the cursor just goes up and down the screen over and over. I say never mind unpause it and figure i'll worry about that later

We attempt to jump for ball, ref tosses the ball up; the buttons are unresponsive...the ref grabs the ball again for a rethrow, rinse and repeat 2 more times then finally we can move again.

Later in the fourth quarter after i made a furious comeback to take the lead by 4 he calls time out.

None of my buttons are responding, so we have to sit and wait all 60 seconds but after the time is over i can move again.

2nd game i played had no problems other than taking longer to find a game

# 47 hoop xyience @ 10/14/11 01:07 AM
I think they are hiding what else thry addressed in the patch...

Gameplay has def. changed and the SHOOTING has been toned down, Off rebounding has been toned down, Pick & Rolls feel different, less pass deflections/steals...the game do feel lag free so gameplay feels quicker..

# 48 NINJAK2 @ 10/14/11 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop xyience
I think they are hiding what else thry addressed in the patch...

Gameplay has def. changed and the SHOOTING has been toned down, Off rebounding has been toned down, Pick & Rolls feel different, less pass deflections/steals...the game do feel lag free so gameplay feels quicker..
Has it changed for better or worse hoop? I hope they didn't turn pick and roll into a lead pass cheese fest like 2k11 was?

Is this patch something to avoid based on all the horror stories here guys?

# 49 robdilla @ 10/14/11 01:35 AM
my **** is playing faster now, i play on 50 speed, it feels like im playing on 65,70, wtf. 2k ****ed up!!!

# 50 beevoughTX @ 10/14/11 01:44 AM
Got the patch, dont notice much of a difference yet however, i had no issue with games being droped or having to wait before this patch.

On a side note, Does anyone here know if they are ever going to allow you to change the game settings in "play a friend mode".....like, take fatigue off, switch jerseys, ect.

Also 'Coach Settings' still dont save when playing online.....subs, timeouts, fouling all repeat on automatic and before every game i have to press start or call a timeout and switch those options to manual before "my coach" starts subbing. Its just a waste of a timeout or an annoying pause.

# 51 NINJAK2 @ 10/14/11 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdilla
my **** is playing faster now, i play on 50 speed, it feels like im playing on 65,70, wtf. 2k ****ed up!!!
If playing on 50 feels like 65-70 couldn't you drop it to 30-35 to get your old feeling?

# 52 hoop xyience @ 10/14/11 01:56 AM
Steph Curry: pre patch 9/13 from 3
Post patch 5/14 from three

Something has changed but it feel like the paint is a cheese fest now...ALOT of contested under the basket shot are falling now...

Game is quicker due to less lag...maybe that's why I was missing my shots..

They had David lee looking like Duncan around the basket lol

# 53 NINJAK2 @ 10/14/11 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop xyience
Steph Curry: pre patch 9/13 from 3
Post patch 5/14 from three

Something has changed but it feel like the paint is a cheese fest now...ALOT of contested under the basket shot are falling now...

Game is quicker due to less lag...maybe that's why I was missing my shots..

They had David lee looking like Duncan around the basket lol
I really hope bold is not true. How many post patch games have you played?

# 54 mizzta21 @ 10/14/11 02:07 AM
my framerate drops considerably on fastbreaks sometimes, it gets annoying after a while...going to clear system cache.

# 55 JWiLL02 @ 10/14/11 02:49 AM
Three point shooting has not been toned down, it's the same, it's just easier to defend without the ridiculous input lag defensively.

As before though, sometimes defending it means absolutely nothing. They really need to adjust these ratings, there are simply too many guys with jacked up three point ratings. Shawne Williams should be a deadly spot up 3 point shooter, not a guy who can dribble up court and launch 3s.

More than anything though, the steal success slider needs to be lowered to 40 or something. Why the hell can't I safely dribble the ball up court with Rajon freakin Rondo? Why was Billups able to rip him cleanly off the dribble 4 times in a single quarter? The basketball purist in me just hung himself...

# 56 TruFunkSoldier @ 10/14/11 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Three point shooting has not been toned down, it's the same, it's just easier to defend without the ridiculous input lag defensively.

As before though, sometimes defending it means absolutely nothing. They really need to adjust these ratings, there are simply too many guys with jacked up three point ratings. Shawne Williams should be a deadly spot up 3 point shooter, not a guy who can dribble up court and launch 3s.

More than anything though, the steal success slider needs to be lowered to 40 or something. Why the hell can't I safely dribble the ball up court with Rajon freakin Rondo? Why was Billups able to rip him cleanly off the dribble 4 times in a single quarter? The basketball purist in me just hung himself...
I think the 3pt shooting is defensible provided there is no lag. But the steals...guys need to be punished (lower the success rate or increase the foul calls) for all these non-sim plays.

# 57 TreyIM2 @ 10/14/11 06:20 AM
Uhhh, what was the patch I got on my PS3 for this game 2 days ago??? Leaked patch? Anyone else get this on their PS3?

# 58 nuckles2k2 @ 10/14/11 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
If playing on 50 feels like 65-70 couldn't you drop it to 30-35 to get your old feeling?
If only there was a way to change the game speed from the mode itself...they added some other good settings options...but game speed isn't there.

I just don't get it....it was the same thing last year...my game speed is still on 45 from the main menu, but in My Player everyone is zooming all over the place.

# 59 nuckles2k2 @ 10/14/11 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I really hope bold is not true. How many post patch games have you played?
I can confirm that it's true. I'm irate right now. 2K has to stop unexpectedly breaking my game. From the one year with the patch that made bigs shoot perimeter shots if they got the ball out there, to the rouge roster updates that made subtle changes to the gameplay that made it just feel "off," and now this patch that has my MP game speed on "crackhead" and has Dwight pirouetting in the paint for an outstretched arm layup that Javale McGee can only dream about defending.

I. AM. AT. A. LOSS. FOR. WORDS.

# 60 Goffs @ 10/14/11 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I can confirm that it's true. I'm irate right now. 2K has to stop unexpectedly breaking my game. From the one year with the patch that made bigs shoot perimeter shots if they got the ball out there, to the rouge roster updates that made subtle changes to the gameplay that made it just feel "off," and now this patch that has my MP game speed on "crackhead" and has Dwight pirouetting in the paint for an outstretched arm layup that Javale McGee can only dream about defending.

I. AM. AT. A. LOSS. FOR. WORDS.
This is all on online games right? I already feel pre-patch that they make to many contested shots inside but now...

We need a ROSTER update asap...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.