Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

We recently posted up an article detailing the top five position players in NBA 2K12 . This week we're focusing on the top superstars you might not know about. These are players that might be well known in real life, but are over shadowed in NBA 2K12. That's mainly due to the fact that these players either have another superstar on their team, or they're on an underperforming team. But with all of that said, these players truly need more recognition, and hopefully this article does just that.

Read More - Top Five Underrated Superstars in NBA 2K12

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ZoneSix @ 10/26/11 02:30 PM
monta>

that boy is criminally slept on.

# 2 whitehippo24 @ 10/26/11 02:39 PM
Javale McGee for the Bullets.

# 3 Jadakiss88 @ 10/26/11 02:48 PM
Jamal Crawford, JR Smith, Tyson Chandler (on defense)

It's all left up to opinion those are three guys that make a huge difference on the teams I play with...I usually pick Chandler when I do my fantasy association.

# 4 SportsGamerShow @ 10/26/11 02:54 PM
Ellis is a SG. He rarely plays PG.

# 5 The Tone @ 10/26/11 02:54 PM
I'd take Aldridge and McGee over Love and Kaman.

# 6 SouthBeach @ 10/26/11 02:58 PM
By position:

PG: DJ Augustine - I effortlessly put down a cool 22pts with DJ in a loss. It seemed unreal how easily I could score.

SG: Lou Williams - Quick, nice jumper, and for some reason is always left wide open in real life and in 2K12, ha.
Okay...forgot about my man J. Crossover. Streetball handles under NBA rules (no carries), clutch, mean jumper, yet he's a 6th man under Joe Johnson ($120M Dollar Man).

SF: Omri Casspi - Not the fastest forward, but he's slept on a lot.

PF: Chris Bosh - I understand that being on a not-so-good team, you'll shine as the star if you're halfway decent. But Bosh is all-star caliber. Jumper, post moves, and always consistent. Especially now, being on a team with Wade and LeBron, he's looked at as half a player for being "soft".

C: Anderson Verejao - talk about hustling for rebounds and putbacks. Jesus.

# 7 the_future420 @ 10/26/11 02:58 PM
Yeah, Monta is a beast in this game, always has been. Typically one of the first matchups I play in a 2k game is Warriors/Knicks (two fastbreak teams) Monta had 42 points for me shooting almost 70% from the field. Beast. Still lost the game tho

# 8 Colts18 @ 10/26/11 02:59 PM
Not superstars.

# 9 stlstudios189 @ 10/26/11 03:05 PM
Bosh does get over looked for sure. This is what I love about NBA 2k series it is so darn detailed

# 10 ffaacc03 @ 10/26/11 03:06 PM
Kaman is a beast ... not only is he good inside but he has a nasty mid range jumper ... also as stated, he is a rebounding virtuoso.

There are plenty of borderline star players to be discovered.

# 11 dgold1 @ 10/26/11 03:19 PM
Rudy Gay can do it all.

# 12 Dashdagreat @ 10/26/11 03:28 PM
LaMarcus Alridge is one of the best in the GAME! (2k12) He's a absolute monster! Another greatly slept on player in this game is Al Jefferson

# 13 Gramps91 @ 10/26/11 03:47 PM
Chris Kaman is pretty great. In my association I traded Kaman and Eric Gordon away to get Andrew Bynum and my team has suffered since. It was a stupid move I'll admit but I was trusting in the fact I was getting a better and younger center. However, I ended up giving away a better older center and a great SG to only get a worse younger center. No offense to Bynum.

# 14 VisceralBishop @ 10/26/11 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamerShow
Ellis is a SG. He rarely plays PG.
Actually he is listed as both a PG and SG in NBA 2K12 last I checked. So I put him as the PG. He can play both exceptionally well. Even though he doesn't primarily play that in real life, I think he is an unknown superstar at the PG position, meaning I played with him at the PG position and i though he deserved that spot on this list.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

It should be noted, I went back and forth with a bunch of players - LaMarcus Aldridge and DJ Augustine just to name two. When I played as the five in this article I just did so good with them, but they can definitely be interchanged with some others.

# 15 yossihaz1 @ 10/26/11 03:54 PM
ibaka for thunder

# 16 Jadakiss88 @ 10/26/11 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgold1
Rudy Gay can do it all.
The Grizzlies have been and underrated team on 2k basketball for the last few years and they are truly a tough team to beat if you know what you are doing...

# 17 threattonature @ 10/26/11 04:19 PM
Eric Gordon is definitely a sleeper star.

# 18 truintellectplaya @ 10/26/11 05:19 PM
Yeah, I agree with those saying Eric Gordon is more of a sleeper type star than Kaman. I would not be surprised if Kaman ends up traded before the real season starts because they prefer DeAndre Jordan over him.

# 19 kennyacid @ 10/26/11 05:30 PM
I always run wit the pacers and kings

# 20 RUFFNREADY @ 10/26/11 05:42 PM
Brandon Roy and Caron Butler are my two sleepers; man they can score the rock, post you up, and drain the 3 ball; and play some darn good on-ball defence on you. How coould they miss eith one of these guys?
cheers

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.