Home
Madden 12 News Post

Donny Moore has posted details on the Madden NFL 12 week 8 roster update, which are available now.

Quote:
There are well over 360+ transactions, player equipment updates, and player rating adjustments that went into this update for the online rosters.

The biggest movers from Week 7 on the positive side are K Josh Scobee (JAX) with a 4 point boost this week (now 85 overall), LB K.J. Wright (SEA) going +3 to 73 overall, DL Red Bryant (SEA) going up +3 to a 81 overall, DL Steve McLendon (PIT) goes up +4 to 69 overall, OL Brian De La Puente (NO) going up 5 points to 73, DL Jared Allen (MIN) going up +2 to a 98 (one point away from Club 99) and finally, S Kendrick Lewis (KC) going up +3 to a 78 overall.

Some of the biggest movers on the negative side are LB Barrett Rudd (from 86 to 83 overall), LB Kavell Conner goes down 2 points to a 77 overall, HB Chris Johnson (from 93 to 89 overall) and QB Carson Palmer (from 84 to 82 overall).

Your thoughts on the updates?

I noticed DeMarco Murray went from a 71 to 78, Cam Newton from an 83 to 85.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PanthersGM305 @ 10/27/11 02:21 PM
I like the fact Cam is now a 85... Dint see this coming but he deserves some love... Ranked 4th amongs the leagues elite QBs...(passing Yds) And he's only on his 7th NFL game. Theres is some transaction missing i.e. Reggie Wells #78 singed on 10/19/11 after Jeff Otah went to I.R. back up Guard for Carolina...Have to give EA credit for updating it everyweek now errors do happen to everyone so am just going to be happy were close to 100 in accuracy on this roster... NFL has changes every other days PS, Cuts i.e. Chris Harris SS for Bears was cut yesturday or today am, (Wow).

# 2 bigdfan76 @ 10/27/11 11:56 PM
When do these updates usually go live? 12AM Sat?

# 3 blood9585 @ 10/28/11 02:23 AM
followed cam newton's last year in college...and i'm not as surprised as everyone else seems to be... I expect him to end up with an 88 OVR rating by season's end.

# 4 cmehustle @ 10/28/11 05:49 AM
I always wondered how these ratings actually translate into the game itself. I understand rating players even though I really dont think Madden gets them right. But how do they translate into the game to make players actually play like they do on Sundays? Like if I have Detroit and play against a weak offensive line Suh should be constantly causing havoc. But if I play a strong line I should see a huge difference. The game as currently constructed does not provide that. Thats been my biggest problem with this franchise. Other than that Madden is actually pretty good this season.

# 5 m1ke_nyc @ 10/28/11 09:50 AM

# 6 Ricky Rowe Zay @ 10/28/11 11:57 AM
Does anyone know why they have stopped putting injured players on IR?

Players such as Shawne Merriman, Dominique Foxworth, Earnest Graham, etc need to be on IR.

# 7 a19tay92 @ 10/28/11 12:22 PM
thanks for the week 8 roster!

# 8 Droopy03 @ 10/28/11 12:25 PM
I dont see how Demarco Murray is not mentioned in the players with big jumps. He went from a 71 to a 78..

# 9 uf12gators @ 10/28/11 03:00 PM
This might be a dumb question, but I just bought a pre-owned copy of Madden 12 and I turned it on for the first time...how do I go about getting this roster update? I am connected online through my PS3.

# 10 m1ke_nyc @ 10/28/11 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uf12gators
This might be a dumb question, but I just bought a pre-owned copy of Madden 12 and I turned it on for the first time...how do I go about getting this roster update? I am connected online through my PS3.
you would need a online pass, or download from here, week 8 should be on last page

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-archive.html

# 11 SoulAssassin @ 10/28/11 05:07 PM
Can someone tell Mr.Moore that Ryan Fitzpatrick still is set to "Generic" QB style... despite his own style being in the game.

# 12 realone504 @ 10/29/11 12:51 AM
DREW BREES IS STILL NOT 99OVL....Darren Sproles HAS THE MOST ALL PY IN THE NFL IS PLAYING WAY WITH 2 BETTER THIN CJ2K HE SHUD BE A 90OVL Y DID Devery Henderson GO DOWN

# 13 cmehustle @ 10/29/11 12:52 AM
Wow, thats hilarious!

# 14 havokeff @ 10/30/11 07:40 PM
Looks, like they got the Saints ratings correct after all. LOL.

I have issue with Palmer getting nicked though. Give the guy a break. He hadn't even looked at a play book in months, let alone practice.

Personally, I don't like these in season roster updates. I think they should just integrate a in season progression system that reflects from production.

I'm pretty sure they actually already had that. Addition by subtraction doesn't always work.

# 15 Chiefsfan881129 @ 10/30/11 09:30 PM
Derrick Johnson is vary underrated a 1 point increase is better then nothing but he has been by far the best 34 MLB this year and is quietly playing at a pro bowl level he should at least be anywhere between an 89 to 92 plus he is faster then an 84 SPD ask any player in the league and watch film on this guy and u can see he is one of the fastest linebackers.in the league I wish Donny would put him at his regular SPD which is an 87 or 88 that more then represent his true game SPD his 84 SPD is too slow I hear and it's true even the announcers say it he is a linebacker with running back and safety/ cb speed please ea update his speed thank u

# 16 ironciddey tigers @ 10/31/11 06:06 AM
can anyone pls upload week 8 roster update für ps3 (europe)?

pleaseeeee

# 17 PanthersGM305 @ 10/31/11 09:29 AM
Man Ive email , Tweeted the pictures to his feeds... I mean nothing... They keep over looking things ... but one things for sure EA Madden !2 Development team only takes care of their own fav teams ,Players ex. I mean Carson Palmer was signed the same day Reggie Wells #78 Guards/Tackle for the Panthers but he didnt make the update... Some more players where removed again in this update#8. Robert You keeps making the Franchise rosters stays in the FA pool. I just dont understand why they keep forgetting things , Plus is not like people arent bringing these issues up.Still no braids for #34 DeAngelo Williams C'mon man, Atlease Armanti Edwards got his update dreads removed if they can do it for Armanti why isnt being done for DeAngelo WTF!!!

# 18 tpeserik @ 11/04/11 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realone504
DREW BREES IS STILL NOT 99OVL....Darren Sproles HAS THE MOST ALL PY IN THE NFL IS PLAYING WAY WITH 2 BETTER THIN CJ2K HE SHUD BE A 90OVL Y DID Devery Henderson GO DOWN
Because Aaron Rodgers is the best player in football, and Sproles really isn't all that special of a football player-he's fast & elusive but he's not an every down guy.

# 19 tpeserik @ 11/04/11 12:48 PM
There's a reason they have separate 3rd down RB ratings & a kick return rating-to identify guys who aren't that great overall at their position but can do certain things very well.

# 20 realone504 @ 11/04/11 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeserik
Because Aaron Rodgers is the best player in football, and Sproles really isn't all that special of a football player-he's fast & elusive but he's not an every down guy.
Sproles isn"t all spiecial WHAT....dats like saying that Jerry Rice cant catch the ball.... an this saints team dont need a every down guy he still has more all purpose yards thin any 1 n the nfl.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.