Home
News Post

For those of you not reading the comments in the MLB 12 The Show screenshots thread. Russell has sprinkled in some early tidbits of information from the game. Check them out below.
  • 14 new umpires with all new personalities
  • Fielders will close their gloves on catches
  • New cleats

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Russell_SCEA @ 12/05/11 04:35 PM
Below is the umpire roster for MLB 12 The Show. I didn't think we would need to state this. However, we haven't revealed one new focus or back of the box feature for MLB 12 The Show. Just some of the little things that might not deserve that type of attention, but are important to the overall package none the less. The devil is in the details, for instance we have an entirely new tag animation system this year. That creates more dynamic and organic player iteration on the base paths and at the plate this year. Not a back of the box feature, but a pretty big addition none the less. We are showing the game to press for the FIRST time this week in NYC. So in the next week or so you will get to read about what we have been working diligently on for the past year. This years title has a combination of over 70 new features, enhancements, artificial intelligence improvements/re-writes, and additions.

So hold your horses there will be plenty of content to rejoice or complain about soon enough :-).

Anyway back on topic, returning umpires this year from previous versions of The Show are.
Earl Hendricks
Clyde (cross eyed) Washington
Dutch Nelson
Wally Hughes
Woddy Keller
Porter Callaghan

Your 14 new umpires are (all fictional)
Jeff Carlson
Marvin Knight
James Gibson
Tom Reyburn
CB Hernandez
Rusty Valentine
Kerwin Thompson
Eric Summersgill
Mike Winters
Joe MacDonald
Freddie Ferguson
Earl Cooper
Patrick Johnson

# 62 Pared @ 12/05/11 04:38 PM
Woody Keller makes a return???

DAMN IT!

I HATE YOU WOODY.

# 63 WarningTrackPower @ 12/05/11 04:43 PM
Yeah, David Ortiz does the helicopter animation when hitting a homerun but I believe there was a thread this past summer asking for signature swings. I think a few of the devs chimed in and basically said how impossible it is to create a signature swing for individual players but it was mentioned that they'd be able to create signature swing "finish" for individual players. I guess a signature swing "finish" would be for any swing and not just for homeruns (one handed finish, two handed high finish, etc). At least that's my understanding of it.

# 64 nomo17k @ 12/05/11 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Jeff Carlson
Marvin Knight
James Gibson
Tom Reyburn
CB Hernandez
Rusty Valentine
Kerwin Thompson
Eric Summersgill
Mike Winters
Joe MacDonald
Freddie Ferguson
Earl Cooper
Patrick Johnson
I hope one of them is an Erig Gregg clone...

# 65 bp4baseball @ 12/05/11 04:49 PM
Quote:
Below is the umpire roster for MLB 12 The Show. I didn't think we would need to state this. However, we haven't revealed one new focus or back of the box feature for MLB 12 The Show. Just some of the little things that might not deserve that type of attention, but are important to the overall package none the less. The devil is in the details, for instance we have an entirely new tag animation system this year. That creates more dynamic and organic player iteration on the base paths and at the plate this year. Not a back of the box feature, but a pretty big addition none the less. We are showing the game to press for the FIRST time this week in NYC. So in the next week or so you will get to read about what we have been working diligently on for the past year. This years title has a combination of over 70 new features, enhancements, artificial intelligence improvements/re-writes, and additions.

So hold your horses there will be plenty of content to rejoice or complain about soon enough :-).

Anyway back on topic, returning umpires this year from previous versions of The Show are.
Earl Hendricks
Clyde (cross eyed)Washington
Dutch Nelson
Wally Hughes
Woddy Keller
Porter Callaghan

Jeff Carlson
Marvin Knight
James Gibson
Tom Reyburn
CB Hernandez
Rusty Valentine
Kerwin Thompson
Eric Summersgill
Mike Winters
Joe MacDonald
Freddie Ferguson
Earl Cooper
Patrick Johnson

Your Avatar...I love it. Is the sunglasses on the hat another easter egg?

# 66 Blzer @ 12/05/11 04:52 PM
I bet you CB Hernandez sucks.

# 67 Russell_SCEA @ 12/05/11 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Your Avatar...I love it. Is the sunglasses on the hat another easter egg?

I have no idea what you are talking about

# 68 bp4baseball @ 12/05/11 05:14 PM
Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about
Ha ha....me neither

# 69 Knight165 @ 12/05/11 05:31 PM
Haha.....
Ramone....you slick.

M.K.
Knight165

# 70 mpbaseball22 @ 12/05/11 05:53 PM
Most excited ive ever been for a sports game.. cant wait.

# 71 Aggies7 @ 12/05/11 06:17 PM
Absolutely love the 14 umps with different personalities. Adds so much realism to the game in my opinion.

# 72 soxnut1018 @ 12/05/11 07:01 PM
Quote:
CB Hernandez
CB Buckner and Angel Hernandez combined? Oh lord, please have mercy on us all!

# 73 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 12/05/11 07:22 PM
Quote:
We have an entirely new tag animation system this year that creates more dynamic and organic player iteration on the base paths and at the plate this year
This right here is a WIN

# 74 Aggies7 @ 12/05/11 07:27 PM
I believe I am already sold on this game and this is my second favorite sport behind Football. Wish y'all had NFL rights with this much detail I'd go nut.

# 75 econoodle @ 12/05/11 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I believe I am already sold on this game and this is my second favorite sport behind Football. Wish y'all had NFL rights with this much detail I'd go nut.

i don't know, the NBA game they made stunk to high heaven.
Different dev teams.

I like the idea of 70 new features, enhancements, tweaks, ai updates and additions.

But i only need three.

Big sports week, gaming and real life.
bring it on MLB SHow 12!

# 76 pj_28 @ 12/05/11 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
CB Buckner and Angel Hernandez combined? Oh lord, please have mercy on us all!

Ha, they would need a strike zone that randomly switched from calling balls on the black balls to calling balls 5 inches outside strikes if they put a love child of those two in the game.

Seriously I am very excited about this feature adding a little variety to each game. As much as the MLB fights it no two strike zones are the same.

# 77 abcabc @ 12/05/11 08:10 PM
where in NYC is the event? press only?

Quote:

Earl Hendricks
Clyde (cross eyed) Washington
Dutch Nelson
Wally Hughes
Woddy Keller
Porter Callaghan

Jeff Carlson
Marvin Knight
James Gibson
Tom Reyburn
CB Hernandez
Rusty Valentine
Kerwin Thompson
Eric Summersgill
Mike Winters
Joe MacDonald
Freddie Ferguson
Earl Cooper
Patrick Johnson

# 78 Knight165 @ 12/05/11 08:28 PM
R.I.P. Raleigh McClure
M.L.B. The Show Umpire Killed in Freak Hang Gliding Accident

Miopia Washington

Legendary but controversial MLB The Show umpire Raleigh McClure was killed today in an accident while trout fishing in the Krossied River. According to his fishing companion, famous eye surgeon Hugh G. Peepers, McClure was reeling in a trophy of a trout when he heard screaming from above. He turned just in time to see a hang glider, identified as Ibin Rooked, swooping down out of the clouds and striking McClure with a fatal blow. Peepers claims that he heard the man screaming...."you cost me a perfect game McClure!!!", but Rooked said he was only trying to warn the men of his impending crash.
Investigators are looking into the accident.
McClure, who created controversy with his first book "The Myth of the Stationary Strike Zone" was said to be working on a second tome. Notes were found in his nearby cabin with such interesting ideas like "People like to think the strike zone is a rigid rectangle. Nothing could be further from the truth. I liked to see it as a circle one day, triangle or trapezoid the next. Heck, one day when a batter had the nerve to argue a strike call, I made it into the shape of a Volkswagen Beetle for the heck of it! These guys have to realize, it's my world....they just happen to live in it."
McClure is survived by his wife Maggie, daughters Megan and Michelle and stepson Eric Summersgill who, following in his fathers footsteps, will begin his first season umpiring in MLB The Show.

M.K.
Knight165

# 79 pj_28 @ 12/05/11 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
R.I.P. Raleigh McClure

M.K.
Knight165

This is the funniest thing I have read in a long time, well done sir well done.

# 80 K_GUN @ 12/05/11 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
R.I.P. Raleigh McClure

Miopia Washington

Legendary but controversial MLB The Show umpire Raleigh McClure was killed today in an accident while trout fishing in the Krossied River. According to his fishing companion, famous eye surgeon Hugh G. Peepers, McClure was reeling in a trophy of a trout when he heard screaming from above. He turned just in time to see a hang glider, identified as Ibin Rooked, swooping down out of the clouds and striking McClure with a fatal blow. Peepers claims that he heard the man screaming...."you cost me a perfect game McClure!!!", but Rooked said he was only trying to warn the men of his impending crash.
Investigators are looking into the accident.
McClure, who created controversy with his first book "The Myth of the Stationary Strike Zone" was said to be working on a second tome. Notes were found in his nearby cabin with such interesting ideas like "People like to think the strike zone is a rigid rectangle. Nothing could be further from the truth. I liked to see it as a circle one day, triangle or trapezoid the next. Heck, one day when a batter had the nerve to argue a strike call, I made it into the shape of a Volkswagen Beetle for the heck of it! These guys have to realize, it's my world....they just happen to live in it."
McClure is survived by his wife Maggie, daughters Megan and Michelle and stepson Eric Summersgill who, following in his fathers footsteps, will begin his first season umpiring in MLB The Show.

M.K.
Knight165
good.

the guy cost me a game in NY a few years back

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.