Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

For the first time in a long time, there may finally be some DLC for a sports game that is worth purchasing.

NBA 2K12’s Legends Showase brings to life New York’s Time Square with even more legends than the original retail product. The content includes new game modes and the ability to take classic teams online and into your own dynasty. I’m sure most gamers are on the fence about getting the DLC, so here is a guide that should help you make the final decision.

Read More - NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase Review

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gramps91 @ 12/07/11 11:56 AM
still debating on getting this. Some of it sounds great, but I'm tight so I really don't know if I'll for over the 10 or not. It's something to think about though.

# 2 VDusen04 @ 12/07/11 11:57 AM
I'll have to give the commentary another listen. I don't recall being blown away by it. In fact, my first impression was that it felt forced and mildly annoying.

# 3 Hassan Darkside @ 12/07/11 12:20 PM
I certainly wouldn't call the commentary amazing. It's alright but it doesn't annoy me either.

I like the mode because it's about the closest thing to NBA Street since homecourt and I like having something quick to play on the side outside of quick games while I'm waiting on roster updates and the patch.

# 4 charter04 @ 12/07/11 12:40 PM
I have loved this DLC. It was like getting a whole knew game for only $10! I love every mode. I grew up loving the NBA in the late 80's early 90's so getting to play as players from that era in a game with great graphics is great. I also grew up with NBA Jam so the two on two games have some of that feel with out the over the top arcade game play. It really feels like what a two on two or three on three game would be like with these players. For $10 and the fact that it also makes 2K12 better, makes this a must buy in my book.

# 5 bigdoc85 @ 12/07/11 12:53 PM
Downloaded it yesterday. My neighbor came over and we spent over an hour playing the 2 on 2 challenge and loved it (he was Jordan, I was Pippen). I would recommend playing as Jordan and Pippen, though, as we found we needed their quickness to have a chance against the CPU. Last night, in itself, was worth the $10.

# 6 hoop xyience @ 12/07/11 01:22 PM
I love the DLC.

My ONLY negative is that you cant play online head to head with friends...ONLY RANDOM MATCH UPS

# 7 jaosming @ 12/07/11 02:05 PM
Doesn't legitimize the removal of 1v1-4v4, 21, and the other options of the normal Blacktop mode.....

# 8 ManiacMatt1782 @ 12/07/11 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop xyience
I love the DLC.

My ONLY negative is that you cant play online head to head with friends...ONLY RANDOM MATCH UPS
The only reason I thought about buying it would have been for this. And it turns out being the reason I, and everyone from my association passed. You hear that 2k, that's at least 15 sales right there. $150. We would have loved to take the classic teams against each other. That actually would have brought new life to the game for us. I just don't understand why they would do this? Can you think of any game where it doesn't give you an option to play against friends, and only allows you to play with randoms? I can't because its a bad idea. And one I would have hoped a major developer/publisher like Visual Concepts/ 2k would have been too smart to make.

# 9 daveberg @ 12/07/11 02:08 PM
Played it for about 15 minutes until I saw someone had managed to get all the legends into the free agent pool. haven't touched it since and probably wont.

# 10 mrbrent @ 12/07/11 02:20 PM
I love this DLC.... absolutely the biggest downfall is not being able to use the new legends with the current rosters in Association. I truely hope this is fixed later...

# 11 sportjames23 @ 12/07/11 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Played it for about 15 minutes until I saw someone had managed to get all the legends into the free agent pool. haven't touched it since and probably wont.
LOL, I wonder how many others did this.

# 12 flyer1985 @ 12/07/11 06:42 PM
a guy on ps3 made a roster with all the NEW legends and its awesome

# 13 ezio @ 12/07/11 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I have loved this DLC. It was like getting a whole knew game for only $10! I love every mode. I grew up loving the NBA in the late 80's early 90's so getting to play as players from that era in a game with great graphics is great. I also grew up with NBA Jam so the two on two games have some of that feel with out the over the top arcade game play. It really feels like what a two on two or three on three game would be like with these players. For $10 and the fact that it also makes 2K12 better, makes this a must buy in my book.
that was exactly my reason for getting it too. I coulnd't pass up the additional classic teams and I love the 2 on 2 and 3 on 3 challenge as well as the Pick Up games. I also played my first online classic game today which was a lot of fun.

# 14 econoodle @ 12/08/11 02:42 AM
reminds me of Street Vol. 2

question: when u port over current stars into this, do they become cell shaded?
I have a feeling that was a dumb question. lol

# 15 HakeemOlajuwon @ 12/08/11 08:58 AM
Hello,

Some 360players of the NBA2K French community remarked the disappearance of their save to each start of the Xbox 360

Did someone have the same save problem with this DLC?And did you have a solution?

Thanks

# 16 lockdownD @ 12/08/11 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
The only reason I thought about buying it would have been for this. And it turns out being the reason I, and everyone from my association passed. You hear that 2k, that's at least 15 sales right there. $150. We would have loved to take the classic teams against each other. That actually would have brought new life to the game for us. I just don't understand why they would do this? Can you think of any game where it doesn't give you an option to play against friends, and only allows you to play with randoms? I can't because its a bad idea. And one I would have hoped a major developer/publisher like Visual Concepts/ 2k would have been too smart to make.
Yeah, I passed too because of this. If we could of been able to play with classic teams against friends and been able to turn off the cell shading me and my friends would of been all over this too. Its unfortunate that 2k doesn't seem to care or make the online gameplay much of a priority. It just seems to keep getting worse every year.

# 17 Tyrant8RDFL @ 12/08/11 03:11 PM
I love the cell shaded graphics!!!!!

Am I the only one?

I always wanted a sports game with cell shaded graphics. I feel you can generate way more fluid animations with this. Along with facail expressions, and enviormental damage.

In a football game the rain and snow games would look great with cell shaded graphics. You would be able to witness at the moment weather damage to the field.

Jesus can't you see the potential????

I need to read more about this. YES CELL SHADED GRAPHICS WOOOOO WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

# 18 Tyrant8RDFL @ 12/08/11 03:14 PM
OMG it's only $10 , Im sold buying it once I get home. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

# 19 XenoZograscope @ 12/08/11 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
the only reason i'd wanna buy this is the ability to take classic teams into an association but i don't think thats enough to warrant buying this. Once the updated rosters come out i'll start an association with real teams so i doubt i'd play a classic team association anytime soon and the cell shaded thing is a huge turnoff.
Yea same here and of course to re-create some classic era rosters, that's the only reasons why I purchased this DLC.

# 20 MrKasoogi @ 12/11/11 08:23 AM
$10 is a good price. How arcade like is the gameplay?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.