Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

* Updated list, via 2K Sports Facebook page.
  • Byron Mullens - traded from OKC to Bobcats
  • Chuck Hayes - contract voided
  • Peja Stojakovic - retired
  • Antonio McDyess - retired
  • Jannero Pargo - FA signing Atlanta Hawks
  • Earl Barron - waived
  • Bismack Biyombo - rookie signing

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 volstopfan14 @ 12/22/11 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
My guess is they figured they'd make the second rounders when the time came so they wouldn't have to waste precious time on guy who won't stick to any teams.
People on the 360 through hex edits can access the cyberfaces for every draft pick. They have already been created. It seems as if 2k just has to unlock them but for some reason, won't.

# 42 Saviour @ 12/22/11 12:59 PM
Patience is not required since 2K has stated all throughout the lockout that the rookies were already in the game. The word has always been that the rookies will be avaialbe when they signed thier contracts. I dont like seeing 2k become as comfortable with lying as EA has been.

If the rookies were already in the game as stated, then there is ZERO reason why the 2nd rounders who have already signed and is playing in the preseason games and practice scrimmages are not in the game already. C'MON 2K, yall starting to look lazy.

# 43 LionsFanNJ @ 12/22/11 01:20 PM
Lol and the comedy posts continue from the initial 1st roster update thread.

# 44 LD2k @ 12/22/11 01:21 PM
You can view ALL the roster updates right here: http://2kgam.es/NBA2K12RosterUpdate

# 45 Saviour @ 12/22/11 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobday
Starting.......?
True dat. I was being nice. 2K started showing signs of laziness for a few years but they are outta control now cause they are straight lying about small ish now. Its crazy.

# 46 inchez34 @ 12/22/11 02:06 PM
It's kind of funny reading posts about people getting their undies all in a bunch about 2nd round rookies. 5 years from now, half the rookies in the 2nd round won't be in the NBA anymore.

# 47 SirDAB @ 12/22/11 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Hoepfully they get it straighten out by christmas. But guys there more changes that are going to happen. I would give 2k kudos for keep track. They could of just made you guys wait with once a week updates.
Amen!

Last season, it was once a month. How soon some forget.

# 48 ClevelandinDistress @ 12/22/11 02:19 PM
Remember when there was no such thing as a roster update? Remeber when you didn't have 2kshare? I used to do all the trades and moves myself but looking at that official list from 2k makes me appreciate all the work they are doing so i don't have to manually do everything myself and waste hours upon hours. Be grateful for what you have, and not what you don't have.

# 49 kjjnesb @ 12/22/11 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDAB
Amen!

Last season, it was once a month. How soon some forget.
This is kind of a different situation though as Rookies and most free agent transaction were set from day one last year I mean there really wasn't this much movement going on during 2K11's life cycle to require such rapid updating.

# 50 volstopfan14 @ 12/22/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
The 2nd round rookies have to officially MAKE the team to be put into the game. Just because they're in the preseason, doesn't mean they're on the official opening day roster. Is this so hard to understand? By Saturday/Sunday, we'll know what 2nd rounders will be in the game.

This is the same reason why guys like Gerald Green of the Lakers and Larry Hughes aren't in. They have camp invites, they are NOT officially part of the team. Now, could the rookies who get cut be added as FAs? Sure, that's a viable point. But stop asking why they aren't on the teams in 2K, because they're not officially part of the team in the real NBA.
2k has said when the 2nd rounders get guaranteed contracts they will be added. Many 2nd rounders have guaranteed contracts. For example, Justin Harper, a 2nd rounder was added into the game despite not officially making the Magic's roster.

# 51 rainmaker2 @ 12/22/11 02:46 PM
BUNK!!!!!!!

# 52 yurithebest @ 12/22/11 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneelbeforeZoD2772
it doesnt look like they put reall pics in there i believe those are still the cyber faces
When they'll put the real rookies pictures?? I don't like the actual rookies status!

# 53 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 12/22/11 03:01 PM
2k said they are focusing on the FA signings. But the only good FA left are ones playing in China. So give us our rooks. I want to play with Josh Selby, John Leaur, Tylet Honeycutt

# 54 volstopfan14 @ 12/22/11 03:01 PM
Quote:
But Harper's guaranteed contract makes him part of the team's salary cap, meaning he's officially part of the team. Until these players become a part of the team OFFICIALLY, they will not be in the game. I'm not sure if E'Twaun Moore or Chandler Parsons are in the game, but those are the only other players not in the game that are officially signed, to my knowledge. The rest are basically camp invites.
From what I understand multiple 2nd rounders have signed guaranteed deals. Maybe I'm wrong but that is what I read.

# 55 volstopfan14 @ 12/22/11 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
2k said they are focusing on the FA signings.
You mean the 1 total free agent signing in this update?

# 56 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 12/22/11 03:07 PM
Exactly. I dont know why 2k is BSing us with the rooks. Atleast give us the ones who already signed n look to mske the team like Josh Selby Tyler Honeycutt Shelvin Mack etc.

# 57 volstopfan14 @ 12/22/11 03:13 PM
Quote:
But you gotta understand, a lot of rookies don't make the team, or are sent down to the D-League, so it wouldn't make sense to have them pre-made when they don't know who will be in the game and who wont.

Now, I'd expect guys like Darius Morris and/or Andrew Goudelock to make it in the game because it looks like Gerald Green won't make it unless as a reserve. But, most 2nd rounders won't make it on the team, so they won't be in the game unless 2K decided to add them as FAs.
Yeah but this year is different. You are correct about most years but with the lockout it seems as if 2nd rounders have a better chance of making the roster. Like I said, I read that quite a few 2nd rounders have signed guaranteed contracts. Also, the 360 hex editers have found all the rookies (including 2nd rounders) hidden on the disc. They are in the game. 2k just hasn't unlocked them.

# 58 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 12/22/11 03:27 PM
There are some 2nd round pucks that im sure will make the team like Josh Selby from the Griz Issiah Thomas II and Tyler Honeycutt from the Kingz. Why not put them in

# 59 bedwardsroy19 @ 12/22/11 03:33 PM
Quote:
But you gotta understand, a lot of rookies don't make the team, or are sent down to the D-League, so it wouldn't make sense to have them pre-made when they don't know who will be in the game and who wont.

Now, I'd expect guys like Darius Morris and/or Andrew Goudelock to make it in the game because it looks like Gerald Green won't make it unless as a reserve. But, most 2nd rounders won't make it on the team, so they won't be in the game unless 2K decided to add them as FAs.
These players are absolutely pre-made and on the disc already.

And guaranteed contract means that these players are guaranteed to be on the NBA team so they will be in the NBA and should be in the game. Maybe Goudelock and Morris don't have guaranteed contracts, but as volstopfan said many do and should be in the game.

# 60 RAELpogi @ 12/22/11 04:46 PM
Why didnt i get the update?? Anybody else having this issue. Im on 360, no bismack.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.