Home
News Post

Best Buy has posted some info on MLB 12 The Show. It's not a lot, but it's something.

Quote:
Synopsis
They duck into the dugout as mere mortals, cleated, capped and humming with anticipation. But as the National Anthem echoes across the stadium, the lights blaze into life and the umpire squats behind the plate, something changes. Men no longer, the players — whether they be wearing pinstripes, red or blue — become legends, the embodiments of what it means to seek glory. Baseball is not just a pastime — it's the **** saga that holds all of America in its grasp. Do you have what it takes to step up to the plate and claim your stake in baseball history?

Each year, only one MLB team earns the title of a champion. And each year, only one sports game scores the highest ratings in the world. That game is The Show. Calling you off the bench with ultrarealistic gameplay, intense season-long campaigns and the nitty-gritty details of the MLB experience, the highest-rated sports video game has forever revolutionized the way you see America's pastime — and it's about to do it again. Immerse yourself in gameplay that goes deeper than ever before in MLB 12: The Show. The latest generation of the gaming phenomenon takes you the closest you can get to real-life game-day action, with innovative new features never before seen in a sports game. Pair up the game with your PlayStation Move, and feel the intensity of every crack of the bat and reach for the catch like you're truly in the stadium. Discover if you have the endurance and the skills to make it to the top in authentic franchise and season modes that bring the rigors of Major League Baseball to life, or forge intense team rivalries with your friends in multiplayer challenges. Get up off the bench — The Show is back on.

Features
  • Heighten your experience on the diamond as you swing into the latest addition to the revolutionary franchise that delivered the highest-rated sports video game four years in a row
  • Get up-close and personal with the MLB in detailed, true-to-life gameplay that rivals the action in the stadium
  • Swing the bat at exactly the right angle to drive the ball to the opposite field and dive to snag dropping line drives in the outfield, using your PlayStation Move to fully experience every hit, pitch and catch
  • Use innovative new features to take your game to never-before-seen levels
  • Team up with your friends or forge intense rivalries in multiplayer modes
  • For 1 to 4 players
  • Feel the pressure of training, game day and Major League trades as you fight your way toward the Hall of Fame in authentic franchise and season modes

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Perfect Zero @ 12/28/11 11:08 PM
Guys, it's just a Best Buy ad. When was the last time they or any other site like them (i.e. Gamestop, Wal-Mart, etc...) ever broke news on a groundbreaking feature?

The attacks against the developers also has to stop. The game isn't perfect, but it does improve every single year. Better yet, the developers from SCEA are always on here, and unlike other developers, they actually listen to us. They can't please everybody on here, and there is a reason why there some things don't make the game. It isn't because they hate you...

# 22 Blzer @ 12/28/11 11:16 PM
I can't wait to try out the Move this year! Last year, there was a little too much lag in the Home Run Derby mode, thrilling as it is to see your batting stance waggle on screen and swing for yourself.

I'll definitely give this a go, even though it probably won't be my preferred method of play.

EDIT: Poor cheap shots at the developers above. "Lazy" wouldn't even be the last thing to call these guys; the word simply should not exist given their efforts.

# 23 Rules @ 12/28/11 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Actually, everything you mentioned EXCEPT the weather has ZERO effect on the game.
The weather in the game, actually does effect the game to some extent.

P.S.
(here's secretly hoping that some of the promises made here on O.S. are actually kept!!! ...but I doubt it...much like they weren't kept from '10 to '11 )

M.K.
Knight165
Good point except what does the weather (rain) do in MLB 11? Nothing as it is only for looks. If they are going to talk about improved presentation well it has to start with the commentary which had to be one of the biggest complaints from year to year. Not following your promises made thing which if it doesn't apply to me then nevermind. However, I have to say (I will not be buying MLB 12).

However, The Show is still on my radar

Btw: those who are still upset from the one who said "lazy" just let it go as he has already said that is not what he meant. The Show is by far the best baseball game I have ever played. With that said, they need to stay ahead of the curve and listen more to the complaints (commentary). EA DID NOT LISTEN.........look what happened to Madden and even NCAA Football. People can only listen to the same phrases, broken sentences, mismatched banter and poor audio for so many years before they start skipping their yearly purchase.

So far I am skipping in 2012:

Madden
NCAA Football
NHL
Mostly EA Sports except Fifa and I am waiting to see what is being offered in this year's Show.

# 24 ryan36 @ 12/29/11 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
Honestly, what is the point spending so much time on stadiums when you guys never get the grass and dirt right? I mean, it's as obvious as the day to anybody that attends real games that these stadiums look nothing like the real thing when you are watching the game because of the grass and dirt.

Look at the Nationals Stadium in that one write up lol? That isn't what the stadium looks like in real life. What the hell happened to dirt and grass because they are totally a different tone than that and it is BEYOND annoying considering I have been writing about this for well over a year now. If you want realism then go take some pictures of the how the stadium looks and make sure you get the colors right. The grass in this game is pitiful and I mean that in the nicest way. Half the time it is this drab sullen looking pale green FFS!

Man, I knew I should have never gotten myself up to this boiling point but it is just too much for me. That is why I must leave at some point and just hope for another year. I hate to sound critical but I cannot help it when this game is so good now, from what I hear, in pretty much every other area.
I can't help but respond. I never even thought to look at dirt and grass color. The fact that you think this is a major flaw should tell you how good the game is, unless I'm missing some sarcasm.

# 25 BlackBetty15 @ 12/29/11 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I don't understand this claim. Did you see where I mentioned several distinct things they improved? After playing 11, there's NO WAY I could go back to any previous version. I just don't get it. There is room for more variety (I understand thinking it's stale-parts are), but to say it's a roster update is just wrong to me.
Dang man...to say '11 was just a roster upgrade might be a reach. Heck the analogs alone was a HUGE welcome addition and the rain aid graphics with other enhancements were monumental in terms of how baseball is played from a Händel aspect. It's the only reason a PS3 has a home in my house honestly...well that and my much anticipated title, THE LAST OF US of course.

***obviously this was the post above yours that said scea has done nothing but update fosters since 09

# 26 Blzer @ 12/29/11 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I can't help but respond. I never even thought to look at dirt and grass color. The fact that you think this is a major flaw should tell you how good the game is, unless I'm missing some sarcasm.
I hate to get into this personally, but I don't take it as sarcasm whatsoever. The fact that I myself decided to make Photoshop comparisons for what it is and what it should "probably" be close to says my opinion on the game's color palette, which IMO has been consistently off since its PS2 days.

However, as you mentioned, thankfully they've gotten nearly everything else right on an authenticity level, that we are resorting to color changes as the last little things to get right. On the unfortunate level, it does happen to be something that we see in every shot when we play.

IMO it's more one of those things where you don't notice something is wrong until it's addressed. That's how it was for player models, that's how it was for day time lighting, and that's how it will be for bat sounds, outfielder speed, etc. On that same token, I do believe that's how it is for the stadium color palette.

But that's neither here nor there. They know that the suggestions have been laid out; I don't think it's worth bringing up unless they do, and in which case I hope that happens because they are declaring that changes are to be made. Until then, it is their hand, and they will choose whether or not it should be changed on their own.

# 27 yanksdaniel99 @ 12/29/11 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
Honestly, what is the point spending so much time on stadiums when you guys never get the grass and dirt right? I mean, it's as obvious as the day to anybody that attends real games that these stadiums look nothing like the real thing when you are watching the game because of the grass and dirt.

Look at the Nationals Stadium in that one write up lol? That isn't what the stadium looks like in real life. What the hell happened to dirt and grass because they are totally a different tone than that and it is BEYOND annoying considering I have been writing about this for well over a year now. If you want realism then go take some pictures of the how the stadium looks and make sure you get the colors right. The grass in this game is pitiful and I mean that in the nicest way. Half the time it is this drab sullen looking pale green FFS!

Man, I knew I should have never gotten myself up to this boiling point but it is just too much for me. That is why I must leave at some point and just hope for another year. I hate to sound critical but I cannot help it when this game is so good now, from what I hear, in pretty much every other area.
Grass is green, dirt is brown ... of course it would be nice to get more but I'm not sure its high on the list.

# 28 ryan36 @ 12/29/11 01:49 AM
Haha Blzer my friend! Look at the thread I just started. I feel guilty for saying the grass is green enough and the dirt is brown enough

# 29 Eman5805 @ 12/29/11 09:33 PM
The TC said the information was sparse...and people complain that the information is sparse?

Ain't that about a b...bad thing?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.