Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 nbman @ 01/13/12 12:54 PM
Great info!

# 2 HoodedSoldier @ 01/13/12 01:02 PM
Nice. I like that he was honest. Didn't try to say the vita version looked as good as the ps3. VITA pre ordered asap!!!

# 3 ckarlic @ 01/13/12 01:09 PM
Vita version looks great...Glad I preordered both the PS3 version and the Vita version.

# 4 sydrogerdavid @ 01/13/12 01:26 PM
This gameplay footage isn't giving me a lot of confidence for Busch Stadium. Ugh.

# 5 DickDalewood @ 01/13/12 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBTheShowShortStop
looks great but one question...will it feature Analog hitting? vita does have thoes dual analogs so I expect it to have that, can anyone confirm?
Ramone states in the video that, outside of presentation, this is a feature to feature port.

# 6 bcruise @ 01/13/12 04:39 PM
Nice vid. As I said in the other thread, I'm a little disappointed that the full presentation package is lacking in the Vita version, but I understand why they did it like that - and Ramone summed up that reason pretty well. I think having a full portable franchise for the first time will help soften that blow a bit.

Will we be getting instant replays post-play, at least?

# 7 adamj2281 @ 01/13/12 05:49 PM
I think it's really smart to shorten the presentation, I mean corners had to be cut in some areas just because of limited development time. The fact that they put in the full feature set as the PS3 version and the sharing of Franchise if huge for me.

The Show's team basically just sold a Vita for Sony, I was on the fence, but I travel a lot with my job and generally take my PS3 with me. This is going to be perfect for travelling and continuing my franchise.

I can't wait......

# 8 Doormat @ 01/13/12 06:11 PM
Uh oh.. 2nd thoughts now ._. there better be a way to turn off those notifications on the top "Foul" etc and that we can turn off that fast play feature I'm seeing unless the guy playing is skipping it by pressing X either way the graphics look great... I'm expecting better when I play it myself in person

# 9 Pirate @ 01/13/12 08:40 PM
I've never used all the presentation features in the Show. I always play quick play and this is even quicker. I'm really looking forward to this.

# 10 Still2REal @ 01/13/12 08:56 PM
nevermind just realized they aren't making it for the psp anymore. got to try and sell those vitas

# 11 Still2REal @ 01/13/12 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_F_Z
Why would it ? It's nothing like the Vita.
it's a handheld video game system with internet access made by Sony. it's a lot like a Vita.

# 12 Still2REal @ 01/13/12 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_F_Z
Fair enough, but I remember hearing in the video someone saying the PSP isn't capable of doing what you're asking.
Yeah I gotcha, but thats just spin companies spout to justify buying a new version or whatever. Accessing the cloud isn't exactly some state of the art thing

# 13 Woodweaver @ 01/13/12 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
it's a handheld video game system with internet access made by Sony. it's a lot like a Vita.
These are about the only thing these two platforms have in common. If you do a google search of PSP vs Vita, you'll find a few articles giving some details, but they really only scratch the surface.

To answer your original question, no, sorry.

# 14 Falcon999 @ 01/14/12 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
I think it's really smart to shorten the presentation, I mean corners had to be cut in some areas just because of limited development time. The fact that they put in the full feature set as the PS3 version and the sharing of Franchise if huge for me.

The Show's team basically just sold a Vita for Sony, I was on the fence, but I travel a lot with my job and generally take my PS3 with me. This is going to be perfect for travelling and continuing my franchise.

I can't wait......
Not for me. Vita is not a priority. I prefer playing it full blown on my 60 inches

# 15 nomo17k @ 01/14/12 12:41 AM
I don't know how the process of development goes with a game available on different platforms in general, but if both PS3 and Vita versions are going to be developed by the same team anyways (regardless of A talents or B talents under the same team... I suppose some resources are shared as long as it's the same game), I tend to think it is a good move for SCEA to provide essentially the same game on PS3 and Vita.

Mainly that's because a lot of codes (like AI algorithm related stuff) probably can be shared by those platforms, so the devs don't have to divide as much time on these two platforms (now this year may have been different given the devs perhaps needed to learn Vita programming and write a lot of new codes for Vita). If SCEA went with an entirely different game with Vita, then I think the effort must have been even more divided, which basically leads to less time for other things...

# 16 metal134 @ 01/14/12 01:18 AM
Damnit. The more articles and videos I see about the The Show on Vita, the less patient I become.

# 17 GreenGlen @ 01/14/12 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Nice vid. As I said in the other thread, I'm a little disappointed that the full presentation package is lacking in the Vita version, but I understand why they did it like that - and Ramone summed up that reason pretty well. I think having a full portable franchise for the first time will help soften that blow a bit.

Will we be getting instant replays post-play, at least?
I am disappointed that full presentation package did not make it in. I will wait until I see more videos to determine exactly how much presentation they cut out of the game. It has gone from a must buy to a wait and see.

# 18 Strings74 @ 01/16/12 04:53 PM
I had The Show 08 (I think it was 08) for the PSP and what I found was that RTS translates really well to the mobile platform.

I would usually play it during my subway commute or in dribs and drabs here and there and because of this, RTS was just perfect.

The long loading times involved with RTS kind of kill it for me on the PS3 because I feel like 30% of your gaming time is spent waiting around, but when you are playing only a couple of games at a time while mobile it seems to be less of an issue.

Anyway, the idea of being able to share thegamesaves is certainly compelling and I will consider getting a Vita because of this game alone.

Question: I assume this will require the PSN+ subscription to share saves? Or can saves be synched manually via USB or bluetooth or wifi or some other method?

# 19 Blzer @ 01/16/12 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
Seriously, how many people NEED to play The Show on a 5 inch screen where the ball is a centimeter and your batter is 3 inches tall? I guess a few it will help out.
A lot of us travel, dude. I'm out of my county in the summer more than I'm in it. Yeah, I take our Slim PS3 around, but even when on breaks at work and stuff, or when downstairs instead of upstairs, I'd like to be able to take my franchise around with me.

As for the ball, I've actually found it a bit of a bummer that they increased it to softball size when it's in play so that you can see it. I understand it as an aid (much like the "OUT" and "FOUL" icons that will be popping up with the Vita version), but it would make more sense as an option.

Last but not least, I wouldn't doubt that Vita, Move, and 3D support are something that are enforced by SCEA San Diego's superiors. This isn't the only game out there getting that kind of treatment. Look at Killzone, Gran Turismo (no Move, but that wouldn't make sense lol), LittleBigPlanet, and probably/hopefully even Ratchet & Clank down the road. Sony games all work together in this regard, and they will continue to down the road.

Either way, as people are sold with a PS3 because of The Show, I'm sold with a Vita for the same reason.

# 20 BatsareBugs @ 01/16/12 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
Seriously, how many people NEED to play The Show on a 5 inch screen where the ball is a centimeter and your batter is 3 inches tall? I guess a few it will help out.

I really don't understand the priority on it tbh but I understand the need to sell Vita I guess just not with wasted priorities from the main PS3 team as there is already too much that needs to change in the Big version.
The number of people interested in the PS Vita and the potential customers it brings for Sony far outweighs anything else especially when it is just launching.

Such a narrow-minded approach to "why have this when they could do this" doesn't fly well in reality. What would you rather have? A couple of touched up stadiums to your liking, or a larger fan-base, more revenue, and the guarantee of having the game out next year due to sales and response? While it's not necessarily one or the other, it's easier to see which one has the higher priority.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.