Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Rhouston @ 01/27/12 11:31 PM
Am I alone in thinking that Detroit's blue is WAY too light?

# 22 SoxFan01605 @ 01/27/12 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
Nope. In general, 2K's darker blues, reds and blacks look like light blues, pinks and grays. It's a longstanding issue with them and not just with their baseball games (reason #3395873508652323579 why I go with the PC version).

# 23 RGmoney @ 01/28/12 12:03 AM
This thread is about the MLB 2K12 Teaser Trailer. Keep The Show OUT of this thread.

You want to compare both games, take it here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aseball-games/

# 24 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/28/12 09:20 AM
BTW those questioning that video is all 2k12. Just look @ the backstop around the 36 sec mark. The Tiger's logo's on the backstop was not in 2k11.

As for the video, the animations seem smoother & the lighting just might make night games look better

# 25 Blitzburgh @ 01/28/12 10:15 AM
The crowd looks pretty dam good to me as well. I really like the pitching controls in this game and I actually enjoy a more simplified hitting control. It's the dam animations that bring this game down but it looks like they smoothed a lot of that out this year. cant wait to see more game play vids. I'm curious to see some ball physics...

# 26 pistolpete @ 01/28/12 10:21 AM
I thought the video was kind of funny. The entire time I'm thinking "okay, this rookie is gonna rock Verlander....sure".

# 27 mkharsh33 @ 01/28/12 01:18 PM
It is what it is... A simple video that give us a very small glance. I liked what I saw, but I'm not willing to write a game off for 2 minutes of video footage. Better textures and overall improvement from 2K11. But it's a very limited glimpse...so we'll wait for more.

# 28 Garrett67 @ 01/28/12 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
I had to edit PC last year to make them darker

# 29 King Jones XX @ 01/28/12 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tKlausEffect
Is it possible to have any more hating on 2K Sports' MLB series than there is in these forums? Seriously. I can honestly say that this year's version of the franchise looks to be great. Instead of pouring more resources into pointless eye candy that are graphics, they are placing more emphasis on the most important aspect of baseball there is - the battle between pitchers and hitters. The main gripe I see is "oooh, ONLY 250 batter stances, ohhh, the numbers are too big, ooooh, not enough shine on the helmets." Lets get back to gaming basics and enjoy games for what they should be: FUN TO PLAY. Trust me, I've spent plenty of time with 2K and The Show to accurately say that The Show is just plain boring...but hey, the helmets sure look great don't they??
I UNDERSTAND WHAT U R SAYING ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY, BUT BATTING STANCES, SIG STYLE N MANY OTHER THINGS THAT COUNT AS "THE LITTLE THINGS" SHOULD TRY TO B TOUCHED ON TOO... FROM 2K8 TO 2K11 THERE HAS BEEN PROBABLY 6-10 BATTING CHANGES... I STILL C DELMON YOUNG WITH HIS FIRST BATTING STANCE N NOT WIT HIS CURRENT. ME, AS A AVID BASEBALL FAN AND GAMER WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE STANCES.. THEY ADDED TWO NEW PAIRS OF GLOVES AND CLEATS... LOVING THAT AND WAITN TO SEE WHAT ELSE 2K HAS IN STORE.

# 30 kashmir28 @ 01/29/12 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tKlausEffect
Is it possible to have any more hating on 2K Sports' MLB series than there is in these forums? Seriously. I can honestly say that this year's version of the franchise looks to be great. Instead of pouring more resources into pointless eye candy that are graphics, they are placing more emphasis on the most important aspect of baseball there is - the battle between pitchers and hitters. The main gripe I see is "oooh, ONLY 250 batter stances, ohhh, the numbers are too big, ooooh, not enough shine on the helmets." Lets get back to gaming basics and enjoy games for what they should be: FUN TO PLAY. Trust me, I've spent plenty of time with 2K and The Show to accurately say that The Show is just plain boring...but hey, the helmets sure look great don't they??
Considering it is a video game, "eye candy" does seem to be an element of some importance. Truth be told, 2K should have had this series playing damn near perfect baseball three years ago considering the lack of "eye candy." Of all sports, baseball is the most beauty one. The grass, the parks, the skylines, the uniforms, etc. Yes, I expect the "eye candy" portion of the game to be up there with its sport contemporaries. MLB 2K as a series has sadly lacked behind. Yes, I would love to see improved gameplay and if left having to choose between "eye candy" or gameplay, would choose the latter. It's just getting tiresome having to choose and left disappointed with both in the final product.

# 31 Herky @ 01/29/12 11:42 AM
Graphics look a bit better and the textures seem cleaner like some have said.

# 32 dodgerblue @ 01/29/12 12:25 PM
I liked the vid. A couple of things that bothered me appear to have been improved such as nightime lighting and the dull batting helmets. Hard to tell from a short trailer how the gameplay will be but last year I thought the game was fun. The commentary sounds terrific once again. Something about the fielding animations reminded me of MVP also. I'm excited about having two good games this year!

# 33 Blzer @ 01/29/12 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosnian19
i want some improvement on my player 2k10 and 2k11 were the same in that mode
I feel like this teaser was a great indication that they are making strides to this mode.

# 34 Ben9753 @ 01/29/12 04:31 PM
Are they making an MLB 2k12 for the new PS Vita?

# 35 RedK @ 01/29/12 04:33 PM
wow that trailer is awful. 2K baseball games have been terrible this generation. The only thing good about their games are the pitching mechanics which are pretty spot on and i like the commentary. But the most important things they are terrible at.

# 36 mkharsh33 @ 01/29/12 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedK
wow that trailer is awful. 2K baseball games have been terrible this generation. The only thing good about their games are the pitching mechanics which are pretty spot on and i like the commentary. But the most important things they are terrible at.
all the guy does is come to bat, and then strikes out. we have nothing more to go by... and you're willing to say the game will be terrible? come on, that's unfair. we don't get any submersion with regard to the individual pitches in the at bat... didn't get to see any stat overlays. it was a basic video.

I tell myself not to post in this thread anymore, but it's like a train wreck that I just have to take another look at...

# 37 RedK @ 01/29/12 07:07 PM
lets see. The character models look terrible, the swing animation is terrible. They tried to do the whole "cut" scene stuff and that failed. Im glad i havent played a 2K baseball game since 2k7 when that was the last time it was good.

# 38 thaSLAB @ 01/29/12 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben9753
Are they making an MLB 2k12 for the new PS Vita?
Good question. I don't believe they are tho.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 39 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/29/12 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedK
lets see. The character models look terrible, the swing animation is terrible. They tried to do the whole "cut" scene stuff and that failed. Im glad i havent played a 2K baseball game since 2k7 when that was the last time it was good.
I guess from the looks of things you'll be enjoying 2k7 once again. Good luck with that

Sent from Awesome Phone

# 40 RedK @ 01/29/12 08:07 PM
I got tired of 2k7 so i dont play it anymore but it was the last good 2k baseball game. All good though enjoy the single A version while i play the MLB version.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.