Home
News Post

MLB Home Run Champion Jose Bautista, will grace the cover of MLB 12 The Show, in Canada.

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 CujoMatty @ 01/30/12 08:12 PM
I had no idea this was happening. That video pumped me up so much. Finally being Canadian pays off lol.

# 62 CujoMatty @ 01/30/12 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
I would say because they are not playing for aCanadian team. I am not sure there are any Canadians on the Blue Jays. I am sure if Roy Halladay or Chris Carpenter were still one the club. Sony would have chosen one of them. Joey Bats is the most marketable player on the Blue Jays right now.

I am sure its a reason why Sony did it that way. It might be sales and marketing driven..
Brett lawrie is Canadian and he is definetly sweeping the nation as a fan favorite with his enthusiasm and play last year. Maybe he will be next year that would be sweet!!!

# 63 Bulls321974 @ 01/30/12 08:18 PM
In my view the canadian Bautista cover is the best yet. It just looks...well...awesome!

# 64 Bulls321974 @ 01/30/12 08:21 PM
Just realized I will get a copy of the version because I'm also from Europe. Geez, can't it be March 6th already? Time doesn't really fly when you're waiting for something...

# 65 Galvatron @ 01/30/12 09:27 PM
I haven't seen this brought up so I'll ask... Will Bautista be on the title screen of this version when the game is booted up? I know it wasn't the case with the special NBA 2k12 covers but it would give me an extra incentive to seek out this version.

# 66 itzdaro13 @ 01/30/12 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
I haven't seen this brought up so I'll ask... Will Bautista be on the title screen of this version when the game is booted up? I know it wasn't the case with the special NBA 2k12 covers but it would give me an extra incentive to seek out this version.
That would awesome if he was.

# 67 Sco291 @ 01/30/12 10:41 PM
So there is NO way that anyone in the US can purchase this Bautista version? Come on now lol

# 68 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/30/12 11:15 PM
Order from the Canadian Amazon site.

# 69 PVarck31 @ 01/30/12 11:53 PM
That swing is a thing of beauty.

And finally it looks like the walls at Progressive field are the right color. Thanks 42 and EnigmaNemesis!

# 70 sroz39 @ 01/31/12 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Why not put an Actual Canadian on the cover vs some Latin ball player. Give me Joey Votto, Brett Lawrie or Justin Morneau any day over Bautista.
I can only speak for myself and what I FEEL is the opinion of the hardcore Jays fan, but I think right now, Jose Bautista is the choice to have on the cover. Brett Lawrie is adored by the casual fan and may one day supplant Joey Bats in overall popularity, but Jose Bautista is "the man" as far as the Jays are concerned.

Also not too fond of the "some Latin player" comment. He's not just some Latin player...he's arguably THE Latin player in the majors right now! Not to mention the Jays' rich history (as rich as a 35 year old ball club's can be) of signing and developing players of Latin descent and those players being key contributors to our success in the 80's and 90's, well before most of the league hopped on that bandwagon afterwards.

Jose is a class act and one who represents our city (and country) proudly, considering it's his second home. I'm very happy he's getting recognized in this way after a second dominant season.

# 71 nemesis04 @ 01/31/12 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
It's even nicer than your avatar!
Zing........Be nice Cubfan worked hard on these covers!

# 72 Pared @ 01/31/12 09:53 AM
Nothing with a Yankee logo is ever nice!

# 73 nemesis04 @ 01/31/12 10:10 AM
Quote:
I am actually enjoying this new Met logo I found in the style guide:

Spoiler

# 74 ckarlic @ 01/31/12 10:17 AM
Quote:

# 75 ARMORALLL @ 01/31/12 10:18 AM
This is the best news about the game! Joey Bats rules!

# 76 Pared @ 01/31/12 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am actually enjoying this new Met logo I found in the style guide:

Spoiler
Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

# 77 jmik58 @ 01/31/12 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I was just asking a question actually, was not playing mind games!
Hey Nem... in the thread for the reveal trailer you alluded to something new that everyone tried to guess in the video for '12.

My guess was that the cover athletes for the games would be region specific (Freese in the midwest, Posey on the west coast, etc.). I never got a response from you on that .... but this news has me wondering if maybe I was right?

Did you overlook my prediction or were you ignoring it on purpose

# 78 LastActionHero @ 01/31/12 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Hey Nem... in the thread for the reveal trailer you alluded to something new that everyone tried to guess in the video for '12.

My guess was that the cover athletes for the games would be region specific (Freese in the midwest, Posey on the west coast, etc.). I never got a response from you on that .... but this news has me wondering if maybe I was right?

Russel allready said there will "only" be 2 covers.

# 79 nemesis04 @ 01/31/12 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58

There are only two different covers as Ramone mentioned in this thread a few posts back. So how and if the others would be used is still to be discovered!

# 80 kt-od @ 01/31/12 11:04 AM
Quote:

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.