Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

A member of the 2K Sports Forums have posted some of the MLB 2K12 features.

Quote:
MLB Today Season Mode
For the first time ever, play along with the real-life MLB season AS IT UNFOLDS. Take charge of your favorite team and see how you stack up against the rest of the league over the course of a six month-long season.

Dynamic Tendency System
Just as in real-life, opposing pitchers and hitters will learn your tendencies from one at-bat to the next, challenging you to mix up your approach on both sides of the plate as each game unfolds.

New Throw Meter
A revamped throwing system presents a classic risk vs. reward situation every time you make a play. Will you queue up throws before fielding the ball to save time, or take a moment to set your feet for better accuracy?

Improved My Player Mode
Want to be the next All-Star slugger or ace starter? All-new player types let you decide your path to the Majors. Goals, expectations, ratings and progression are all customized by position and player type.

Soundtrack
Tracks handpicked by SPIN magazine, featuring Cool Kids, Skrillex, The Joy Formidable, Grouplove, My Morning Jacket and more.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nbman @ 02/04/12 09:20 AM
Really looking foward to additional information regarding the new MLB Today mode.

# 22 mpgm @ 02/04/12 10:20 AM
Quote:
9) graphics and overall presentation
10) check swing
good feedback !

9,10 plz

# 23 ZakDodge15 @ 02/04/12 10:48 AM
I am just saying that the My Player mode should be removed because it takes away clearly from the other parts of the game, that means they have to waste there time on that mode when all the other modes clearly need upgrading no need in having it. Especially when it takes away from other aspects of the game that is all I am saying. I would like for them to focus on the important parts of the game and worry about that last at least.

# 24 xBravesx @ 02/04/12 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbman
Really looking foward to additional information regarding the new MLB Today mode.
Andrew Reiner wrote in the latest edition of game informer, "Drawing inspiration from 2k's NBA Today mode, Visual Concepts is adding MLB Today Season, a mode that allows players to play at the same pace as the Major Lague season with the same line-ups that the team uses in real life. Only one game can be played per day, and if a day is missed, it will be simulated using the same results and stats as the real team."

If they can pull this off, it will be a sweet addition to the game.

# 25 Knight165 @ 02/04/12 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBravesx
Andrew Reiner wrote in the latest edition of game informer, "Drawing inspiration from 2k's NBA Today mode, Visual Concepts is adding MLB Today Season, a mode that allows players to play at the same pace as the Major Lague season with the same line-ups that the team uses in real life. Only one game can be played per day, and if a day is missed, it will be simulated using the same results and stats as the real team."

I don't get it though.
If you're playing games.....from the start....the league stats are not going to match...the standings won't match.
This is great for a playoff mode maybe...where you would sim the season(once it's over) to get the exact stats and teams in the playoffs.
Otherwise, unless I'm not understanding this correctly....with you causing different results from the game you are playing....what's the point?
I'm not hating....I just don't get it as a feature that is any real difference than letting your season play out in a regular franchise mode.
Does it adjust the rosters as well for call ups and injuries?
THAT would be nice.

M.K.
Knight165

# 26 DetroitStyle @ 02/04/12 12:11 PM
Quote:

This looks to be less like NBA Today and more like a copy of NBA Elite's Dynamic Season. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is NBA Elite's Dynamic Season.

Either way it looks good, but if we have learned anything, it's that the back of the box advertisements mean nothing.

On the bright side though, it would be awesome if dynamic tendencies was dynamic throughout a franchise. Throw 90% fastballs with JV, the next season he throws way more fastballs.

# 27 xBravesx @ 02/04/12 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I don't get it though.
If you're playing games.....from the start....the league stats are not going to match...the standings won't match.
This is great for a playoff mode maybe...where you would sim the season(once it's over) to get the exact stats and teams in the playoffs.
Otherwise, unless I'm not understanding this correctly....with you causing different results from the game you are playing....what's the point?
I'm not hating....I just don't get it as a feature that is any real difference than letting your season play out in a regular franchise mode.
THAT would be nice.

M.K.

Knight165

I'm not sure about how the mode will play out. I'm thinking that it's a cool idea to get your team over and into the playoffs if you play their scheduled game each day. What I like about the mode is if you miss a day, whatever happened in real life with your team happens in your season. I'm guessing that rosters are updated daily sense Reiner said "same line-ups that the team uses in real life."

I don't have NBA 2k12 so I don't know how that particular mode works. Your guess is as good as minde M.K.

# 28 rudyjuly2 @ 02/04/12 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakDodge15
I am just saying that the My Player mode should be removed because it takes away clearly from the other parts of the game, that means they have to waste there time on that mode when all the other modes clearly need upgrading no need in having it. Especially when it takes away from other aspects of the game that is all I am saying. I would like for them to focus on the important parts of the game and worry about that last at least.
Removing My Player would just give people another reason to not buy the game. Those individual player modes have become huge. Many people love them (I'm not one but my brother is) and you simply don't cut out that part of the game - you add to it.

# 29 RaychelSnr @ 02/04/12 12:39 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure about how the mode will play out. I'm thinking that it's a cool idea to get your team over and into the playoffs if you play their scheduled game each day. What I like about the mode is if you miss a day, whatever happened in real life with your team happens in your season. I'm guessing that rosters are updated daily sense Reiner said "same line-ups that the team uses in real life."

I don't have NBA 2k12 so I don't know how that particular mode works. Your guess is as good as minde M.K.
Over the last 10 years I've been covering the biz, the relationship between a game resorting to mentioning soundtrack in its features list and reviewing poorly is pretty darned impeccable. Hope I'm wrong, but that's already a horribly negative sign.

# 30 DetroitStyle @ 02/04/12 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Over the last 10 years I've been covering the biz, the relationship between a game resorting to mentioning soundtrack in its features list and reviewing poorly is pretty darned impeccable. Hope I'm wrong, but that's already a horribly negative sign.
I don't doubt this at all. But I think in the curious case of MLB 2K12 is more likely a lack of features being added yet an improvement in already implemented features. In other words, they spent the development cycle focusing on improving what they already had instead of adding on. Hopefully that's how it plays out.

# 31 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/04/12 01:03 PM
Quote:
I don't get it though.
THAT would be nice.

M.K.
Knight165
The actual Stats from the real life games don't carry over into this Mode, the players actual Hot & Cold Tendencies are what carries over into this Mode.

As for actual lineups, Yes it adjust daily & takes into account injuries & other things.

From that description it seams like a merger between Season Mode (which wasn't in the game last year) & MLB Today Mode.

This is great for those who only want to play Seasons Mode

Sent from Awesome Phone

# 32 SevenTwentyNine @ 02/04/12 01:17 PM
So since you don't care for that feature, My Player should be removed? And somehow those few working on the feature, are hindering the rest from making a great game?

# 33 ZakDodge15 @ 02/04/12 01:38 PM
Its not only a few people working on it, its the people that make the game, probably everyone works on it, I am just saying that if they took out the My Player mode they could really work and use the money for the other parts of the game that need to be worked on. That is all I am saying, yeah its a fun mode sometimes but many more people play the franchise and season modes than that mode and I think I speak for all of those people that we would love to have other parts of the game upgraded to top notch which they could do if they didn't worry about the My Player mode. Its useless wasting money on something that not everyone likes. They could do so much more to the game in general like upgrading franchise mode trading problem, its kind of dumb you cant trade for someone who is over a 90 overall, or even people that are like 86 overall. They could fix tons of other stuff, but they worry about that because people complain that its not good enough, WHO CARES!!! let them worry about the other IMPORTANT parts of the game.

# 34 dodgerblue @ 02/04/12 01:45 PM
Quote:
I don't get it though.
THAT would be nice.

M.K.
Knight165
I actually see this as being a pretty cool feature if they can pull it off. The other teams that you aren't playing behave just as they are irl. No more sims with the Mets in first place in the east since that won't happen for a long long time (no offense). I just wish you didn't have to play it on the day of the game like nba live was able to do (i think in 2010).

# 35 DJ @ 02/04/12 02:25 PM
MLB Today: Season Mode is intriguing. Hopefully, we'll get a blog before the release that sheds more light on the feature.

# 36 Knight165 @ 02/04/12 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
The actual Stats from the real life games don't carry over into this Mode, the players actual Hot & Cold Tendencies are what carries over into this Mode.

As for actual lineups, Yes it adjust daily & takes into account injuries & other things.

From that description it seams like a merger between Season Mode (which wasn't in the game last year) & MLB Today Mode.

This is great for those who only want to play Seasons Mode

Sent from Awesome Phone

Okay...this makes more sense.
So basically it's going to set the lineups and roster moves.
The games will sim according to the game and it's the in game stats that you will see.
Not like some others(and myself until now!) thought that it was going to also give the game the stats from the actual MLB stats.

This is definitely better than what I thought...as having a "hybrid" of some reals stats and some in game stats. That made little sense to me as it would have been fence sitting. Not my world...not real world.

Cool. Thanks for the info!

M.K.
Knight165

# 37 Blzer @ 02/04/12 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakDodge15
... many more people play the franchise and season modes than that mode...
I assume you've done extensive research on this, yes?

# 38 Doormat @ 02/04/12 03:29 PM
Woah that first feature is something I've been wanting since 2K10 I believe, also can't wait to see what they mean about the My Player Mode, that's the only mode I was playing on the PC version last year and it was fun!

# 39 dodgerblue @ 02/04/12 03:37 PM
Quote:

Interesting. The above comment/quote makes it sound more like a hybrid. Especially the part about if a day is missed then the results used will be the same as the real team. Also the only one game can be played per day comment. I guess we'll see. Personally, I'm hoping for a hybrid.

# 40 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/04/12 03:42 PM
Quote:
Okay...this makes more sense.
So basically it's going to set the lineups and roster moves.
The games will sim according to the game and it's the in game stats that you will see.
Not like some others(and myself until now!) thought that it was going to also give the game the stats from the actual MLB stats.

This is definitely better than what I thought...as having a "hybrid" of some reals stats and some in game stats. That made little sense to me as it would have been fence sitting. Not my world...not real world.

Cool. Thanks for the info!

M.K.
Knight165
M.K. I don't think you will see the actual game stats when simmed(ex: Pujols in real life was 3-5 2hr's 6 RBI) you sim to the next game & those stats are reflected in the game either thru a stat bar or in commentary.

I think his game tendency will updated for that game, which makes sense since that's what we've heard in the short previews we've seen

Sent from Awesome Phone

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.