Home
News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 AUTiger1 @ 02/21/12 09:56 PM
Matt V is a good play-by-play guy and I don't really mind him but I can't stand Campbell and Karros. Really wish they would junk them and get a new guy in there. Someone who sounds alive. Make Matt V liven it up. It sounds like they're doing PBP at a funeral.

# 22 agentlaw13 @ 02/21/12 10:08 PM
Loved the homerun trot around the bases. And the third base coach giving delmon young five just tops it off. Awesome!

Btw, did anybody notice Chris Heisey leading the NL in homeruns with 30?! Gotta say I wasnt expecting his name at the top of that list. Lol

# 23 MC2 @ 02/21/12 10:18 PM
Can you remove that yellow blob thing?

# 24 bcruise @ 02/21/12 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2
Can you remove that yellow blob thing?
It's the Plate Coverage Indicator (PCI), and yes.

# 25 Ghoste @ 02/21/12 10:36 PM
I love these 3 (so far) videos. You know what would be cool for after home runs? If they can add that camera angle which is right near the steps of the dugout looking in so-to-speak. Watching the player go down the steps and and giving everyone hi-fives. Also, maybe after the next pitch, show him again in the dugout talking to others or getting/drinking Gatorade. Would be cool.

-ghoste

# 26 abcabc @ 02/21/12 10:41 PM
hmm arod's stance.... its correct / updated in the sense that he rests the bat on his shoulder..... but i think what he does and he doesnt do in this video is, as the pitcher releases the pitch his bat is already lifted off his shoulder. kinda like what granderson does, and what swisher did first. all from kevin long.

didnt like when he was thrown out trying to steal second, he got up and didnt have any reaction to having been thrown out.

# 27 davis420 @ 02/21/12 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
Loved the homerun trot around the bases. And the third base coach giving delmon young five just tops it off. Awesome!

Btw, did anybody notice Chris Heisey leading the NL in homeruns with 30?! Gotta say I wasnt expecting his name at the top of that list. Lol
Chris Heisey better not go off for 50 plus HR's in my Franchise!

# 28 CMH @ 02/21/12 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc

didnt like when he was thrown out trying to steal second, he got up and didnt have any reaction to having been thrown out.
I liked his blank stare. It seemed like he was looking at the ump in stunned disbelief.

# 29 dodgerblue @ 02/22/12 12:06 AM
The game looks beautiful and the videos all look so smooth and realistic. It is what we have come to expect from the series but....

I have to say I was hoping for more from a presentation standpoint. Different camera angles for broadcast, different overlays and better commentary. Maybe I'm not seeing something.

Still a buyer on day one though, can't go through a season without the show!

# 30 sacbillsfan @ 02/22/12 12:35 AM
Did anyone else notice that Tex was dropped to sixth in the order? He was having an awful season average wise in this video. Dropping a player in the lineup based on in season stats, could this be the dynamic lineup changes in action?

# 31 AUTiger1 @ 02/22/12 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13

Yeah caught that. Saw that Jay Bruce was 2nd. Someone is pimping up the Reds and riding the Reds train to the World Series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacbillsfan
Did anyone else notice that Tex was dropped to sixth in the order? He was having an awful season average wise in this video. Dropping a player in the lineup based on in season stats, could this be the dynamic lineup changes in action?
A-Rod also had a pretty low average in the .240s.

# 32 slimm31 @ 02/22/12 01:31 AM
Im gonna go out on a limb and say since it was only 2 innings, and nothing out of the ordinary happened, is the reason the commentary sounds so much like last year. Im sure in the later innings when the action picks up we will hear some of the new broadcast kick in. Either way, game looks absolutely stunning. Cant wait to play on 3 and V.

# 33 ARoid1313 @ 02/22/12 02:29 AM
camera cuts are cool,
crowd sounds so dead during the home run.(especially by the time he crosses the plate)
pretty disappointing sound wise..
not counting the players I feel graphically the game hasn't made enough of a step forward this year, pretty bland looking stadiums imo.
the background buildings are just so behind visually.

# 34 Kearnzo @ 02/22/12 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Are we going to be able to remove this this year?

Hopefully. The giant red question mark is a bit distracting.

# 35 rudyjuly2 @ 02/22/12 06:49 AM
I do like the ticker across the bottom of the screen.

# 36 Tomba @ 02/22/12 07:29 AM
Quote:

WOW ive been wanting to remove that for years my man

# 37 CMH @ 02/22/12 08:01 AM
Quote:

The answer is no.

Trust me, a few of us (probably not enough) have clamored that we should have the option to remove it, but as of now, SCEA isn't giving in.

Maybe in 13. Would be nice.

# 38 Yankees2009Champs @ 02/22/12 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm31
Im gonna go out on a limb and say since it was only 2 innings, and nothing out of the ordinary happened, is the reason the commentary sounds so much like last year. Im sure in the later innings when the action picks up we will hear some of the new broadcast kick in. Either way, game looks absolutely stunning. Cant wait to play on 3 and V.
Have fun waiting, you're probably not going to hear anything different.

# 39 Yankees2009Champs @ 02/22/12 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
The answer is no.

Trust me, a few of us (probably not enough) have clamored that we should have the option to remove it, but as of now, SCEA isn't giving in.

Maybe in 13. Would be nice.
What they should have instead of removing it is a dimming feature on it. That way you could dim the brightness to the point that it blends in with the field, but for those of us who don't know the pitch repetoire could still somewhat see it. And if you wanted it removed you could dim to the point that it disappeared.

# 40 Yankees2009Champs @ 02/22/12 08:56 AM
1:40 mark they show the home run team leaders with no response from the booth. Yeah that would happen in a broadcast, they'd ignore the graphic and stay silent.

These cutscenes between pitches and foul balls are cute but how long before people are just mashing buttons to get past them?

I did like how A-Rod had his shin guard on protecting the inner leg, just like in real life.

Still doing the boring home run trot instead of the one used on broadcasts. You know the one where cameraman is close to the ground and make the guy coming around to home plate look "heroic" and then following him into the dugout. Does anyone even watch baseball games?

I'm sorry if you all are blown away by recycled material. ("Caveman swinging a club", "amazing" shortstop jump throws, replays of outfielders trying to catch HR's they can't reach, insert Karros dialogue). It looks like we've entered COD, NBA 2K territory. It's as I feared, most of the time was spent on the VITA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.