Home
SSX News Post

The much anticipated release of SSX is just a mere week away, and the demo has finally hit the online marketplaces. The OS staff shares their thoughts on the demo.

Read More - SSX Demo Impressions Roundtable

Game: SSXReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 4 - View All
SSX Videos
Member Comments
# 1 murph17 @ 02/23/12 02:15 PM
RE: Jayson's comments - classic control spin speed is a bug, will be fixed in retail. also the amount of auto-correct lowers as you get more advanced/faster boards. it's a good trade off.

# 2 souvlakispacestation @ 02/23/12 02:20 PM
This game is definitely a must-buy for me after playing the demo. I've raced on JT2 too many times to count now trying to whittle down my time and I'm now solidly number one on my friend's list, which probably means I need more SSX players on my friend's list. Found out yesterday that Trick It on Bulldog was available and it's been fun learning that drop. Toughie by the way staying out of the ravine and figuring out how to work through the dam.

The presentation, the speed, throwing down a run, it's all there. The prospect of 150 drops, characters, equipment, and global events will have me playing this for a while.

# 3 spankdatazz22 @ 02/23/12 03:24 PM
Was a huge fan of SSX back in the day. Downloaded the demo and felt some nostalgia sweep over me. I can't pay full price for the game (too many unfinished games as it is) but the demo is great

# 4 dunkyboy @ 02/25/12 06:33 AM
Just played the demo and it makes me long for the days of 1080 on the N64. I'd love a more relaxed, less tricksy kind of game.

# 5 TajDeni @ 02/25/12 08:58 AM
Ive double posted this in both impression threads for reasons which should become obvious.

First let me say that at heart I am mostly an offline gamer because mostly i hate the attitude that alot of folks take of winning at all cost regardless of what that means. But i do play online, mostly via sports games like NCAA Football and the like.

So while i wasnt too pleased to hear that EA didnt include a traditional online multiplayer mode, i can understand some of the logic behind it and can easily get passed it. To me i view it the same way id view a golf game; so like i said i can move passed it.

But what i cant get passed is the fact that the game, as far as i've heard, doesnt have local multiplayer. To me the ommission of local multiplayer is unacceptable. Now if 4 some reason the game does have local offline multiplayer then i apologise, but ive searched and I cannot find this confirmed anywhere.

I do, but not everyone has online capabilities. People do have local friends. And to take it even further there are other individuals within my own household that do not have access to online, yet they enjoy the experience of playing video games such as SSX3 and others.

So i logged in today to say this:

No matter how great this game is on its own merits or how glowing of a review this and other websites decide they would like to shower on this game. In now way shape or form does this game deserve a 10 because of the lack of local multiplayer.

It should also be stated very clearly within the review that the game does not have local multiplayer as this may be the determing factor in whether some folks who are not interested in online decide to purchase the game or not. And since money dooesnt grow on trees, people have the right for that to be acknowledged to them.

Also i would go as so far as to say that there should atleast be a small paragraph ripping the game for not having local mulitplayer because like ive already stated imo this an unacceptable ommission. And i personally cant see how anyone can justify it. I feel it is the duty of websites such as this and others to let developers understand that we are not happy with such ommissions. And any publication that fails to do so, in my eyes loses a tremendous amount of credibility.

I mean come on, do I (and other gamers) have to pass on a game ive waited yrs for to do my part to prove a point. I dont wanna do that, I love the SSX series. But Geez, in those board meeting rooms who came up with, then agreed, with the brilliant idea that ommitting local multiplayer would be a cool idea. I call complete BS.

So in closing i understand the game deserves on the vast majority of its merits deserves alot of praise, but atleast on this 1 particular aspect it also deserves to get blasted! Fair is Fair!

# 6 blues rocker @ 02/26/12 03:24 PM
i played the demo and hated that "auto-correct" garbage. no challenge, no skill required. just like every other game out there - they made it easier...God forbid someone should fail and have hurt feelings...boo hoo. the control also felt pretty sloppy and i didn't really feel like i could control where my character went....the only real control is in the tricks, and even a lot of that is automated and "auto-corrected"...weak.

# 7 Randiesel75 @ 02/26/12 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i played the demo and hated that "auto-correct" garbage. no challenge, no skill required. just like every other game out there - they made it easier...God forbid someone should fail and have hurt feelings...boo hoo. the control also felt pretty sloppy and i didn't really feel like i could control where my character went....the only real control is in the tricks, and even a lot of that is automated and "auto-corrected"...weak.
I have a feeling the full game will have settings to change this.

# 8 Blzer @ 02/26/12 07:08 PM
What's this "auto-correct" stuff which you speak of?

# 9 Mabster @ 02/26/12 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What's this "auto-correct" stuff which you speak of?
I think he means how you can just let off the sticks/buttons and your rider automatically aligns himself for a landing.

This "auto-correct" goes away as your rider increases in level though so it's basically training wheels for new players.

# 10 Dino @ 02/27/12 08:18 PM
Curious question to OS. Screenshots from ps3 or xbox console?

# 11 blues rocker @ 02/28/12 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
This "auto-correct" goes away as your rider increases in level though so it's basically training wheels for new players.
how do you know this? has this been confirmed?

# 12 Mabster @ 02/28/12 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
how do you know this? has this been confirmed?
I know this from listening to the Ubercast interview on 2/16 with Todd Batty, Creative Director of SSX.

Around the 11 minute mark he talks about increasing board level and how autocorrect becomes less intense. He continues on to talk about how hard some of the runs become.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.