Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

Czar is taking the airwaves again tonight at 7:00, asking Sim Nation to call in and discuss NBA Live 13. More specifically, to discuss their play calling system.

If you have any questions for him, ask them here. Otherwise make sure you tune in.

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 khaliib @ 03/03/12 12:13 PM
The game needs some type of priority rating to decide who the cpu looks to go through in certain situations.

CPU should try and make an attempt to sub according the teams strengths and look to attack what the gamer has on the floor. (ie Clip's running C. Billups n C. Paul together although they're 2 Point Guards)

Playbooks need to belong to the "Coach" not the team so that hiring/firing a coach will have some type of impact/meaning in the game.

Could also take it further by the coach giving available plays that the team would run.
Again giving coach's some type of impact and injecting them/gamer deeper into the presentation/immersion aspect.

Collisions "Must" be individualized so that player size has an impact.
Individualized so that cpu players would look/be able to set screens anywhere/anytime on the floor instead of being coded/programmed (canned animated) at a "Specific" location on the floor within the play.

The "Ball" needs to be set Free.
Stop with the ball being passed directly to player's only.
A "Lead Pass" that actually goes before the player and bounces off the foor would go a long way towards realism. It's called a Lead Pass!!!

This issue is hindering BBall games from having the type of Free Play that we're seeing from Wade/James and CP3/Griffin in the air.

Global Editor, Global Editor, Global Editor!!!

Just some thoughts dealing with Playcalling.

# 22 Jmillz23 @ 03/03/12 05:17 PM
all shoes modded player faces and bodys all shoe contracts and allatr weekend plus real life gaming

# 23 Jmillz23 @ 03/03/12 06:02 PM
and add sweat the player in nba 2k12 do no sweat at all

# 24 Da-Man @ 03/03/12 08:17 PM
I know it may be tough to implement but i would like a play calling system that doesn't take 20 seconds to run and have you stand in certain spots to initiate the play. AI team mates should set pics and try to get open off screens when you don't call a play.

The practice academy of live 09 should be brought back so we can practice fast breaks, pick and rolls, dribbling, rebounding, plays etc.

Presentation and commentary should equal or better the NBA 2k series.

Player models should NOT resemble any of the past NBA lives meaning they should not look like they haven't eaten in a decade.

# 25 da ThRONe @ 03/04/12 01:54 PM
I would love to see EA do something dynamic with their BAP mode. My Player has gotten real stale in these 3 years.

I would love it if they don't add any form of skill points. Instead opt for a more "Skyrim-like" approach and improve the player based solely on the skills they practice or use during game play.

# 26 Playmakers @ 03/04/12 04:24 PM
I spent about 3 pages reading basically what 2K12 does and what Live should implement from 2K12 or some other 2k version of the game

Please EA just make NBA Live be NBA Live again that is why you had a strong fan base years ago not because you were trying to do things the way other games did it.

The shot stick is not that damn important....what's important is a system that captures true CPU player abilities not a Human players ability. I don't care if this is tied into a one button press mode like previous Live versions aslong as it captures the CPU players true ability when shooting is all that matters.

Same for ball handling most Live fans enjoyed Live because of the freedom given over the years from the old dribbling system. I sure as hell hope they don't try to duplicate 2K's dribbling mechanics because that is not why we enjoyed Live.

I don't want a DUPLICATE game built off of 2K's features i want a better game built off of NBA Live's features from previous years.

Improve the CPU AI, Collision detection and animations and I'm sure a lot of Live fans will love this game again without straying away from the Old NBA Live gameplay.....

If these guys want 2K mechanics let them play 2K basketball

Also Legends are cool but hell we have some talent roster makers on this site. Just give us more CAP freedom and flexibility to edit existing players and that old school stuff can be done by the Individual himself.

GAMEPLAY should be EA's main focus this year and getting rid of most of the bad gameplay warps that
showed it's ugly head year after year since coming over from the older systems (PS2/Xbox).

PEACE!

# 27 atlwarya @ 03/04/12 11:00 PM
-Bring back all of the gameplay features of NBA Live 10 but make them better. Focus a lot on the animations.

-Bring back the NBA LIVE 10 controls!

-Please fix Dynasty Mode. It has been broken since NBA Live 07. You can never get realistic sim stats during a season.

-Bring back the go to moves from NBA Live 08. You see 2k has taken this feature and made it better.

-Finally, I would like to see the Dynamic DNA enhanced even more. It also would not hurt to bring the hot spots back either only this time make it where we can actually modify them ourselves. Bring back the global ratings system like in Nba Live 07-10.

# 28 Elgin2311 @ 03/05/12 12:09 AM
Were still getting the same concept of what elite was. I doubt they change again, its really quite obvious. Lets hope this game is decent.

# 29 Rickiton @ 03/05/12 07:31 PM
Pretty simple, just make NBA 2k11 the best game ever made. And since 2k themselves thought it was a great idea to tamper with the greatest basketball game ever made, I say is fair game. I know I sound a little cynical, but come on, I think we can all agree that if EA makes a game that resembles 2k11 in the gameplay department they are in for a big payday.

# 30 Boogiemanjay @ 03/05/12 08:55 PM
Intergrated college into live in a my player mode would be sick
Just like they have highschool in NCAA football or ^have
A march madness DLC were you can make a name it the tourny
Upload him to live and allow him to be number 1 pick

# 31 Blak_Baki_Hanma @ 03/05/12 08:59 PM
Is this a wishlist for Live... or just a hoops game wishlist, in general? Sounds like the reality of an "empty slate" simply begs the question of "well... what if they just perfected 2k?"

Not to pee in the Cheerios but... when has EA ever delivered a sim basketball experience?

All I'm saying is EA couldn't care less about wishes. They will produce a barely serviceable game with the understanding that it only has to remain viable for 7 months, the length of the nba season... then it's on to the next marketing cycle.

Not that "Xmas Eve Hype" isn't fun (to a degree, I guess)... but a track record of annual, ritualistic abuse by a megacorp SHOULD at some point lead to acceptance. And acceptance allows me to see this for what it is... HYPE... and move on.

But, for the record, the game that promotes and, more importantly, enforces "the application of sound bball theory = success" gets my $$. Sadly, EA HAS NEVER DONE THAT.

# 32 xSPKxLegend @ 03/06/12 06:24 AM
I want to see them do what 2k should have done and make some sort of crew type mode

# 33 style24 @ 03/07/12 09:53 AM
Please no shot stick. Let the right stick handle the dribble. That's why I don't play 2k because its so complicated to handle the rock. Best control over your player, nba live 10 was the best.

# 34 blkrptnt819 @ 03/10/12 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsdream
upgrade to control scheme. The nba live 05 way is getting old. implement a shot stick like 2k and get rid of nba jam dunk button
Not a fan of shot stick. Let the r stick control the crossovers as it always have.

# 35 Jay Jay @ 03/10/12 09:23 PM
Options is the best way to go so everybody would be happy. I personally want the right analog for dribble moves with the left trigger as a modifier to turn it into a skilled based shot stick.

# 36 Jakeness23 @ 03/21/12 05:20 PM
TeamBuilder (ability to relocate teams or start expansions; also ability to add jerseys to current teams, change team colors, court, etc.)

Game Face with very detailed CAP

Better graphics (too cartoony in previous versions)

Smooth mechanics/animations, etc.

Oh yeah.... bring back College Basketball! If you brought that back before 2K, I would forever be in your debt...

# 37 champsbasketball @ 03/21/12 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
Options is the best way to go so everybody would be happy. I personally want the right analog for dribble moves with the left trigger as a modifier to turn it into a skilled based shot stick.
I feel the same way that would be a perfect basketball nba live 13

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.