Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out some of the new NCAA Football 13 screenshots, right here.

EA SPORTS UNVEILS NCAA FOOTBALL 13 PLAYBOOK #1: SIGHTS & SOUNDS

April 2, 2012 – The first EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 playbook, “Sights & Sounds”, is now available on the NCAA Football 13 playbook page. The Sights & Sounds playbook delivers new presentation and audio assets and offers unique insights directly from the art and audio teams.

SIGHTS
With new trophy presentations, motion blur rendering, progressive lighting and an expanded broadcast presentation, NCAA Football 13 brings a defined sense of realism to light up game days. Pre-game traditions feature several new schools, including:
  • Purdue Boilermaker run-out
  • Military parachutists for Army, Navy and Air Force
  • Oklahoma State Paddle Fans
  • Texas Cheerleaders
  • USC Song Girls
NCAA Football 13 delivers the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

SOUNDS
The NCAA Football 13 audio team sent audio directors and designers to more than 20 schools across the nation to capture the energy of game days, recording new crowd chants and stadium buzz. Commentary has been improved with genuine dialogue and unscripted banter between Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler, following a new recording process that blurs the line between virtual football commentary and true broadcast presentation.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, and licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, a division of IMG College, NCAA Football 13 will be available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on July 10. NCAA Football 13 is available for pre-order now. For more information about NCAA Football 13, please visit http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football.

NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 sportzbro @ 04/03/12 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Are you guys seriously complaining about the "look"?

Hell, you don't know if it's an older build of the game and they're waiting until the 17th to show off the razzle dazzle.

You're honestly going to let 3 seconds of gameplay decide if you pick up the game or not?

Pathetic. Some of you are damn right pathetic.

Wait until the 17th, then you can judge

Edit: Also, i'd like to point out, NCAA 12 is a BEAUTIFUL game... Graphically. it's top notch..i don't mind the graphics being the same at all to be honest.
We have legitimate right to be this judgemental given that the game has been complete trash for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
What bothers me most in screenshots is Michigan States jerseys are way too light. Didn't we complain about this last year?
It has been mentioned multiple times that the color is off. Looks wrong again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Actually, The Show started off with Sounds, screenshot, umpires personalities, fielders closing their gloves and cleats before they started talking about game play

NBA 2K12 did talk about game play early on, but only for the PS Move. Other than that they released their info on the commentary team, intros, Greatest Mode and the soundtrack before getting into game play.

FIFA actually did talk about improved A.I. before almost anything else. So at least they're bucking the trend. It seems like NCAA is par for the course with most all other sports games though.
A huge difference is that all 3 of those games are outstanding compared to NCAA.

# 82 Husker_OS @ 04/03/12 07:47 PM
So they added new trophies and commentary, but every poster in here is pissed about the gameplay?

GMAFB. This isn't a gameplay blog. Quit jumping off the deep end.

# 83 Jeff George @ 04/03/12 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
where do you see this?
In the clip showing UMass and Ohio, you can see the end zone in the background is the "pro generic" end zone (left side of pic), with entrances covered by tarps, boxy-looking buildings above the seating area, and the latticework support structure for the scoreboard.

# 84 scottyo60 @ 04/04/12 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGedden7
lmao people like you lmao
I'd think that's good thing I found only that to really complain about... Wouldn't you?

# 85 gator3guy @ 04/04/12 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff George
In the clip showing UMass and Ohio, you can see the end zone in the background is the "pro generic" end zone (left side of pic), with entrances covered by tarps, boxy-looking buildings above the seating area, and the latticework support structure for the scoreboard.

Probably right, they probably would have told us if they added their stadium. Don't see how hard it would be to port over Gillette from Madden, but apparently it is.

# 86 PowerofRed25 @ 04/04/12 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanew21
Who says it's the premier feature this year? They've still got tons of stuff to show. This was simply the first thing they showed us this year.
Well let's see, the exact same thing was a premier feature in NCAA 12 and NCAA 11. The big back of the box feature for 12 was "feel the true emotion of college football with new, authentic pre-game traditions." First update we get for NCAA 13; more entrances and now cheerleaders on the field (2 1/2 weeks of dev time). It is very clear where the development team's focus is.

These things are all great, but they are the things you do when all the other things are fixed or improved.

# 87 PowerofRed25 @ 04/04/12 06:27 AM
All of you who continue to add "stop complaining, it's just one video" comments to this and other threads seem to be missing a lot of the points people are making. A lot of the things that were featured in the videos are things that make very little difference in the game and barring incredible improvement, fail to accomplish what EA wants, which is to capture the emotion of college football.

This game doesn't need new cut scenes, it needs to make the cut scenes more streamlined so they flow with the game better. You're lying if you say you didn't reach a point where you X through cut scenes in this game right now.

This game doesn't need cheerleaders dancing on the field, it needs cheerleaders, media, staff and players rendered in 3D and moving on the sideline in a manner consistent with football at ANY level.

Real time lighting and moving clouds is an amazing feature, it will look gorgeous. But every online game is a day game and most OD games never get to night.

3D Menus, are you kidding me? The menus they have already suffer from some of the most horrendous lag I've ever encountered in a video game.

More often than not, EA is working on features that are 10 lines down the checklist before they even finished step 1. Yeah, these things are all unique and cool but not a single one of them is all that effective when they fail to address the basics that are still very much lacking.

Who knows, maybe they have for NCAA 13 and they fixed the basic things and are adding new things into the game to make it more realistic. If so, this could be a downright amazing game. But excuse me if I don't get my hopes up because most of these problems have been in the game for a few cycles now.

Again, these things they are doing all sound and look great so far. I love the new approach to crowd audio and from the sound of it, commentary is really turning a corner. That is truly wonderful. However, it remains very clear that they don't understand the inherent problems that plague the very features they tout. The game needs to be LESS fragmented, not more fragmented.

# 88 superxero27 @ 04/04/12 10:00 AM
I think the biggest improvement EA could make it push the full release date back 2-3 weeks and do some actual TESTING with real gamers on a limited release; if nothing else, this will give them a head start on patches and show that they're at least trying.

I think that would be a big step forward.

# 89 roadman @ 04/04/12 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
All of you who continue to add "stop complaining, it's just one video" comments to this and other threads seem to be missing a lot of the points people are making. A lot of the things that were featured in the videos are things that make very little difference in the game and barring incredible improvement, fail to accomplish what EA wants, which is to capture the emotion of college football.

This game doesn't need new cut scenes, it needs to make the cut scenes more streamlined so they flow with the game better. You're lying if you say you didn't reach a point where you X through cut scenes in this game right now.

This game doesn't need cheerleaders dancing on the field, it needs cheerleaders, media, staff and players rendered in 3D and moving on the sideline in a manner consistent with football at ANY level.

Real time lighting and moving clouds is an amazing feature, it will look gorgeous. But every online game is a day game and most OD games never get to night.

3D Menus, are you kidding me? The menus they have already suffer from some of the most horrendous lag I've ever encountered in a video game.

More often than not, EA is working on features that are 10 lines down the checklist before they even finished step 1. Yeah, these things are all unique and cool but not a single one of them is all that effective when they fail to address the basics that are still very much lacking.

Who knows, maybe they have for NCAA 13 and they fixed the basic things and are adding new things into the game to make it more realistic. If so, this could be a downright amazing game. But excuse me if I don't get my hopes up because most of these problems have been in the game for a few cycles now.

Again, these things they are doing all sound and look great so far. I love the new approach to crowd audio and from the sound of it, commentary is really turning a corner. That is truly wonderful. However, it remains very clear that they don't understand the inherent problems that plague the very features they tout. The game needs to be LESS fragmented, not more fragmented.
I agree with most of this, but I really enjoyed the commentary part of the 1st webcast. This has been a major complaint on these very forums that the commentary has been old and repetitive.

Immersion in presentation is a good thing to have.

# 90 BIG MONE88 @ 04/04/12 04:35 PM
More of the same bs by ea.

# 91 UH53 @ 04/04/12 05:39 PM
Is it me or did I see the same generic gray gloves on Michigan... I guess Adidas schools still get no love! Plus these guys must've been cheerleaders in their past life cause that seems to be all they care about! Can some one remind them that this is a FOOTBALL game!!!

# 92 PowerofRed25 @ 04/04/12 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with most of this, but I really enjoyed the commentary part of the 1st webcast. This has been a major complaint on these very forums that the commentary has been old and repetitive.

Immersion in presentation is a good thing to have.
I really hope the commentary turns out as great as it has started to sound. I like the approach they are taking. I am not even opposed to repetitive commentary, as long as the commentary is A) Accurate and B) Rises and falls as the situation dictates.

More often than not, the commentary in the game now is simply incorrect for the game situation. Like Herbstreit saying "I think the quarterback should have pitched it there" on a read option where there is no pitch. Things like that just wear you down.

It sounds like the new system will make it flow better and will take into account the game situation which will help things out a lot.

# 93 johnnyg713 @ 04/06/12 04:21 AM
Pre game intros are important to me. What isn't too important to me is watching my team huddling together in the locker room, coming onto the field, and watching cheerleaders and mascots doing back flips. I want to see team stats, the staring line up, player match-ups, a player's injury status, player highlights from a previous game, etc. I wanna be watching something useful and informative before I start the game, not some circus show.

Team entrances are cool but after the first couple of times they get boring and stale. Nothing new happens after the 3rd or 4th time watching, which is why people skip them. If you had stats overlays and things that were unique before every game, then people would care to watch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.