Home
UEFA Euro 2012 News Post

EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012 DIGITAL EXPANSION PACK TO FIFA 12 AVAILABLE TODAY FOR DOWNLOAD

Fans To Determine Real-World Matches And Story Lines Replayed In-Game

April 24, 2012 – Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that EA SPORTS ™ UEFA EURO 2012 ™ is available in North America and Europe as a paid digital expansion pack to fans who own EA SPORTS FIFA 12 on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, or PC.

The only officially licensed videogame of the 2012 European Football Championship which begins June 8 in Poland and Ukraine, EA SPORTS UEFA EURO 2012 recreates all the drama and excitement of one of the largest and most-watched sporting events on the planet. Fans will be able to compete for national pride and glory as their favourite European country in the UEFA EURO 2012 tournament against rival nations in the group stage, progress through the sudden victory knockout rounds, and ultimately compete for the chance to be crowned UEFA EURO 2012 champion.

Today EA SPORTS unveiled plans to determine the best players in the world playing UEFA EURO 2012 on the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®. The two best players on each console will be determined through a series of online qualifiers. Those players will meet in the championship final on the pitch at Olympic Stadium in Kiev, Ukraine, hours before their heroes step onto the same pitch to compete for the UEFA EURO 2012 championship. Competition details are available at www.ea.com/intl/football/1/euro12-tournament.

EA SPORTS and Coca-Cola Zero™ are teaming up to deliver an online service that will drive real-life story lines from the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying campaign and during the tournament into the game, enabling fans to relive dramatic moments with challenges based on real-life matches. Fans are able to submit matches and vote on the ones they want to replay by visiting the EA SPORTS football community at http://www.facebook.com/easportsfifa. Challenges that receive the most votes will be pushed into the game weekly between April 27 and July 5, 2012. Challenges will enable fans to earn experience points and level up their EA SPORTS Football Club profile.

UEFA EURO 2012 also features a new mode called Expedition that enables fans to build, manage and compete with a customised team against other European nations, crafting the perfect strategy for European domination. Fans will choose their favourite European player or FIFA 12 Virtual Pro to captain their customised team, win matches to earn better players from defeated nations, and then defeat the best nations to earn the best players in a campaign quest to defeat all 53 countries and complete the journey to conquer Europe.

UEFA EURO 2012 is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The manufacturer suggested retail price is £15.99, 1800 MS Points and 2,500 FIFA Points on PC. UEFA EURO 2012 is rated “E” for Everyone and PEGI 3.

Game: UEFA Euro 2012Reader Score: 1/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
UEFA Euro 2012 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Peji911 @ 04/29/12 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
i doubt that answering is even useful but ill do it anyways...
im talking abt the use and attentance of the grounds after the tournament is over and that is increadibly bad in portugal and itll be worse in poland and ukraine.. not abt how much they hold or some bull****.

but i wouldnt be surprised if noobs like you dont even know that there is smth like a league besides the big tournaments..

and then you mention some crap abt the football tourism and tell me to back up with statistics? where is the one then you are backing up your statement with then?? and besides that there has only been 4 euros with 16 teams and obviously what are the countries that portugal has to compete with for that matter?? tiny belgium/netherlands and even tinier switzerland and austria plus rainy england way back in 1996. give me a break
LOL

You realize that winning the Euro is harder than winning the WC right? In the Euro you don't have the Sengals and South Africa's to contend with. Outside of Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina, what other Latin American team is really tough?

It's funny how you use the word 'noob' yet you have ZERO clue as to what you're saying.

BTW -- look up attendance in Portugal vs Italy --- Portuguese attendance is higher.

Thanks for coming out though.

# 62 Qb @ 04/29/12 11:23 PM
Geisterhome and Peji, please put an end to the off-topic bickering. Thanks.

# 63 Tomba @ 05/01/12 05:53 PM
I still dont understand how the two hosting countries Poland and ukraine are not officially licenced?????

# 64 steelerfan @ 05/09/12 08:27 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that The Gaming Tailgate is giving away a code for Euro 2012 on both the PS3 and the 360.

All you have to do is follow the link below, register (if you haven't already) at TGT, leave your top feedback/wishlist item(s) for FIFA 13, and tell them which console you're on. (Be constructive. No bashing will be tolerated.)

The drawing is tonight, so hurry! Good luck.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-2012&p=135782

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

# 65 ronaldo9 @ 05/09/12 09:26 PM
Does anybody use the Creation Center? I imagine the good Euro 2012 files on there are better than the DLC

# 66 ezio @ 05/11/12 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
another thing that i hate is that last round group stage matches in the same group are not simultaneous. this is an immersion killer, it kills that thrill of when our qualification depends on the other result and we play our match praying for a goal to happen out there.
I agree with this. I don't know why they changed that.

# 67 Altimus @ 05/13/12 02:06 PM
That's just stupid on EA's part. I agree that little score update adds a lot as far as the last round.

I honestly might just pick up the old 08 game and go through a run. We'll see.

Sent from my HTC EVO

# 68 ezio @ 05/24/12 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
I bought this game to play tournaments online, yet I can never connect to someone because so few people play (PC).
You can find games online now on the PC version.

# 69 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 05/24/12 05:52 PM
Yeah this is really fun now post-patch.

I have one question: When you are playing in the qualifying stages of the online tournament and the decision of whether you will advance is dependent upon another team's loss or win, is it a randomly generated CPU result, or an actual match being played somewhere else in the world online?

# 70 ezio @ 05/26/12 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
Yeah this is really fun now post-patch.

I have one question: When you are playing in the qualifying stages of the online tournament and the decision of whether you will advance is dependent upon another team's loss or win, is it a randomly generated CPU result, or an actual match being played somewhere else in the world online?
I am pretty sure it is an actual match being played online not a generated result.

# 71 Iceman87GT @ 05/31/12 12:30 PM
So I saw that some of the Countries got their Euro Kits into the game, any chance these are usable outside of the Euro 2012 section? If so did they provide the WC Qualifying kits for other countries (more specifically did they inlcude either of the USSF's new kits?).

# 72 orion523 @ 06/06/12 07:18 PM
After all of the problems this DLC had, and there were many, in the end it wound up a good product. I finally broke down and bought it today for the sole purpose of playing out the tourney with England, and these are my impressions after a few hours with the game:

It seems as if most if not all of the bugs that have plagued this DLC have been worked out, so no problems there.

Squads have been updated and from what I see they're totally accurate

Gameplay is exactly the same, so if you like FIFA 12 you'll like this plain and simple.

Although skeptical at first, I must admit that the entire feel of the game has changed due to the Euro theme, overlays, graphics, stadiums, a bit of commentary. I definitely get a sense that I wasn't just playing a tourney in FIFA 12.

Overall I recommend this DLC if...if, you like FIFA 12's gameplay, you don't want to play as one of the unlicensed clubs, and of course you don't mind paying 20 bucks to play thru the tourney a few times, because expedition mode while a nice diversion, really is too long for someone to actually complete.

# 73 stagnant @ 06/07/12 04:21 PM
Yeah, after the update, the gaem got better... it still feels different than the regular game, but there are way less breakaway goals and overall it's fun to play... and you know what...

I WON MY FIRST EVER ONLINE TOURNAMENT!!!

But the guy I was playing in the semi's connection failed and I got a pass to the Finals, but I won there so hooray me! I did it with England too... talk about fantasy land!

# 74 FunkDockta27 @ 06/10/12 09:27 PM
Idk if theyre 100% accurate...I'm not that huge of a fan. But I know the main teams seem to be correct. Ireland...awesome. Too bad we lost in RL to Croatia

# 75 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 06/19/12 07:11 PM
So I am playing on PC and whenever I play a match against my friend who uses Netherlands, the game will crash after pressing "play match."

This did not used to happen...

# 76 thbends @ 06/21/12 10:01 AM
I was originally excited about this DLC until I read all the bad comments in this forum. I finally bought it two days ago and am really enjoying it. It's great DLC. If you have not bought it I suggest you do.

# 77 joet6683 @ 06/22/12 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
I was originally excited about this DLC until I read all the bad comments in this forum. I finally bought it two days ago and am really enjoying it. It's great DLC. If you have not bought it I suggest you do.
Same thing happened to me, but seeing this comment it gave me the urge to do it again and got it a couple hours ago. It is discounted now, I got it for 1350 MS points.

Gameplay does seem slightly different, though it was said nothing changed. My players made better runs. Saw more fouls. Gameplay just seemed a bit better. Maybe a change from my usual charlton athletic (started in English 3rd division, currently in the 2nd after 2 seasons) in manager mode to a national team like portugal makes a world of a difference? I havent played more than a handful of play now games since release and none were ever with world class teams.

I like the challenge mode as well...though disappointed there seems to be no way to play any but the current. If they dont want to give me XP for the old ones fine, I dont care about that anyways. I still want to play them!!!

# 78 foster1979 @ 06/22/12 11:33 PM
got the game myself and it is enjoyable, any ideas for tweaks on the sliders to play 15 min halfs.

# 79 Purple28Pedestrian @ 06/24/12 03:07 AM
Trying to Play online....Too many people playing as Germany right now lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.