Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

The Madden NFL 13 presentation team had some lofty goals this year.

World Class presentation was No. 1 on their list. Everything that has been done in the past has been taken to the next level, as the new broadcast team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms comes to life, making it look and sound as realistic as possible. The new Connected Careers mode (details coming June 4) wouldn’t be complete without them, keeping the presentation realistic.

Read More: Madden NFL 13 Presentation

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 aholbert32 @ 04/25/12 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
So you only sort of don't care?
LOL. You know what I mean. I just hope that the "audio" improvements arent just generic pregame statements by Nantz and Simms talking about unnamed Linebackers being an important part of the game.

I have very little patience with EA when it comes to promoting new "features" and then using the "It's year 1" excuse when the feature comes up short. EA did that when it brought Collinnsworth on and when it added Johnson. I expect that the audio will at the minimum be a marked improvement from last year.

# 42 aholbert32 @ 04/25/12 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Well right at the 36:00 mark of the webcast, the slide specifically states "Nonstop Banter-No dead air".
The problem is we heard dead air. Simms and Nantz dont speak from the time the TD is called through the entire replay. Maybe I'm being too picky.

# 43 SageInfinite @ 04/25/12 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The problem is we heard dead air. Simms and Nantz dont speak from the time the TD is called through the entire replay. Maybe I'm being too picky.
I don't think you're too picky. There should be replay analysis. The replays should be smart, not just look pretty. Break down the play, show me why one team succeeded and one team failed. This is one of my problems I had with what I saw today. Tiburon is always about something looking cool, but it either doesn't make much sense, or it isn't realistic.

# 44 SteelerSpartan @ 04/25/12 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Now if they would just add a similar game play view option so I can really enjoy the details, more up close.
I want a zoom cam something like this

An when you zoom out the WRs and DBs Names are Displayed!

# 45 SageInfinite @ 04/25/12 05:19 PM
Another problem I have with the replays is please for the life of me EA, bring the gameflow/playcall screen up WHEN we press a button. If I want to watch a replay, LET ME WATCH IT. I can't stand the fact that they try to rush me through games constantly.

# 46 jpdavis82 @ 04/25/12 05:26 PM
From Jon Robinson's article on ESPN

Inside the 5-yard line, Drew Brees sits back in the shotgun and barks signals to his offense, sending tight end Jimmy Graham in motion and setting up one-on-one coverage on the far side of the field. Announcers Phil Simms and Jim Nantz see what’s coming, with Simms telling the audience to watch out for Graham as Brees hikes the ball, then immediately lobs his pass to the far corner, leading his receiver up and away with a perfect strike. Graham leaps up and snags the score before the defender can even turn around to track the spiral heading in his direction.

This is what “Madden 13” is all about, redefining the gameplay thanks to a drastic redesign of the passing game, including everything from the way a quarterback drops back in the pocket, to the trajectory of the pass, to the elimination of psychic defenders who have ruled the cyber fields of “Madden” for years with some of the most incredible (not to mention, completely blind) pass deflections from all over the field.

Add to that the new presentation details, from a full 3D announcers booth featuring Simms and Nantz, not to mention more than 200 new cut scenes and an all-new post-play replay overhaul via wirecam, and you have a “Madden” that’s not only playing a lot better, but the look and audio are also greatly improved. Forget the dead air of “Madden 12,” Sims and Nantz already sounded like they’ve been in the game for years, as the two were able to record lines together for part of the creation process, and were able to ad-lib a lot of their lines depending on the action. The outcome really sounds a lot more natural. The polygonal Nantz even begins every broadcast with his trademark, “Hello, friends.”

# 47 jpdavis82 @ 04/25/12 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
That looks amazing. I actually felt that I was watching a CBS Broadcast. I just hope I don't have to hear about the Linebackers every time I play Pittsburgh lol. I know it was just a sample, and I guess it was in Play Now mode but it was disappointing to not hear them talk about the AFC North and the rivalry but I guess it was just in Play Now mode and not in Franchise.
This is from the impressions blog by OP

Jim and Phil are aware of everything going on in the season. This means they are aware of the placement of your team in the playoff race. They will take note of the type of game you are currently playing, whether it’s a must win game, primetime Monday nighter, a Conference round playoff matchup or the Super Bowl. They will talk throughout the game, banter back and forth and have a memory, to touch back on things that were already discussed.

# 48 jpdavis82 @ 04/25/12 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlew09
Who knows? We might have that in NCAA 13..
Could be what they are doing with dynasty's secret analyst

# 49 jbd345 @ 04/25/12 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
From Jon Robinson's article on ESPN

Inside the 5-yard line, Drew Brees sits back in the shotgun and barks signals to his offense, sending tight end Jimmy Graham in motion and setting up one-on-one coverage on the far side of the field. Announcers Phil Simms and Jim Nantz see what’s coming, with Simms telling the audience to watch out for Graham as Brees hikes the ball, then immediately lobs his pass to the far corner, leading his receiver up and away with a perfect strike. Graham leaps up and snags the score before the defender can even turn around to track the spiral heading in his direction.
This alone will make it sound like a real tv broadcast. They copied CBS in almost every aspect. All they have to do is replace the EA Sports logo with the NFL on CBS logo. Really looking forward to this. Can't wait until E3 to see some in game footage.

# 50 VinnyVegas28 @ 04/25/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree, a halftime show would be fun about the first time or two and then I'd be skipping it. What would be fantastic though is if they had halftime shows in a dynasty where they showed clips of other important games from around the league. Now that would not be something people would skip and be a very worthwhile addition. But a show where they just show cheerleaders and players walking to the locker room and all that? Cool but not worth the effort IMO.
I agree. They used to have this back in the day and it would be a nice addition to see what is going on around the league during a franchise game. It adds to the realism and excitement for franchise gamers. Think about in week 17 and you are 1 game out from the playoffs, a score comes up and Highlight showing another team lose and now if you can hold on for the win, your team is going to the playoffs. That would make an impact no doubt and build up suspense. The new presentation is a much needed improvement and it looks great but why not go all the way with it during the next gen gaming.

# 51 jmurphy31 @ 04/25/12 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I don't think you're too picky. There should be replay analysis. The replays should be smart, not just look pretty. Break down the play, show me why one team succeeded and one team failed. This is one of my problems I had with what I saw today. Tiburon is always about something looking cool, but it either doesn't make much sense, or it isn't realistic.
I agree with this. They kind of had this before with game tracks (I think thats what they called it) Collinsworth would break down your mistake. of course they then added in the "un-sim like" replay option

# 52 mcmax3000 @ 04/25/12 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUCHLUV69
SKIP THE HALFTIME SHOW!?!? Guess you never played NFL2K?? The PRIMETIME Halftime show was amazing!!
I assume that was in response to my comment.

No, I never played NFL 2K5. I've never been a big football fan. Like I said, maybe if I played a game that had a good halftime show, I'd feel differently but having not, it doesn't sound like something that would be overly interesting for very long.

# 53 jpdavis82 @ 04/25/12 07:48 PM
For me personally I don't care as much about a halftime show as I do a weekly studio show during Franchise mode. They had this in Madden 10 & 11 and scrapped it last year so hopefully when the Franchise info comes out they will show us a new weekly studio show running on the new commentary engine.

# 54 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/25/12 08:08 PM
ok so Madden 13 and NCAA 13 are being greatly IMPROVED but there are still people looking for the negatives instead of the positives and their just showin us little clips

and there is a NFL2k forum so stop bringing that game up in this forum

Madden doesnt need 2 be like 2k.... their making strides 2 make a good football game so why cant u just except that

And for the people who flat out TRY 2 bring EA down .... I want 2 see u make a football game

I do respect the people who try 2 HELP EA

and if u like NFL2K go buy it and stfu

anyway this WILL BE THE BEST PRESENTATION/COMMENTARY in any Football game PERIOD

I just wanted 2 get that out

# 55 NoTiCe_O @ 04/25/12 08:18 PM
This presentation seems to be setting the foundation for the future. By putting the 2 commentators in game virtually Madden is basically showing us where the future of the game is headed. They've improved commentary and can only get better from here.

Next year I wouldn't be surprised if their was a full halftime show with virtual halftime commentators running you through the first half, with highlights and a game story.

Only thing is Playstation 4 and Xbox 360^2 are coming out in about a year or so, EA will probably focus their attention to those systems instead.

# 56 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/25/12 09:19 PM
Wet drreams part caught me off guard lmao good one and i do agree if been awile but look at where its at now ... why cant it be loke madden 05 why it gotta be like NFL2K?

# 57 roadman @ 04/25/12 09:23 PM
I haven't noticed any gimmicks after Playbook 1 and I don't think the crowd or the sidelines will be enhanced until the next consoles.

EA has said in the past the graphics on the field will suffer if they enhance the sidelines.

If they don't enhance the sidelines, I don't see EA enhancing the crowd anytime soon.

# 58 DickDalewood @ 04/25/12 09:29 PM
Wow. Ok EA, you've got my attention.

# 59 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/25/12 09:37 PM
I liked both games im just sayin lets focus on the future thats all

# 60 The_Gaming_Disciple @ 04/25/12 09:46 PM
I will reserve judgement until the demo is released...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.