Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an all-new living front end, dynamic in-game transitions, a live ticker, and drastically improved usability. Every game has the feel of a nationally televised broadcast with CBS Sports commentators Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the action from the virtual 3D booth.

Source - Madden NFL 13 Feature: Presentation

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 raidertiger @ 04/26/12 04:59 AM
Still look like they are sliding. I can handle that if everything else works perfectly.

# 22 DGuinta1 @ 04/26/12 07:05 AM
I hope they address the sidelines, just from what I see, they still look like stupid drones. Plus collision detection on the sidelines. Guess too much to ask, perhaps.

# 23 Moegames @ 04/26/12 08:06 AM
Im really glad they are putting in some treatment in the graphics and presentation dept...to me it is one of the biggest things Madden needs, desperately i will say. The motion blur is finally in..funny how such a tiny graphical effect really makes the game feel like it took a nice step forward compared to previous years graphically. The motion blur will be appreciated throughout the game imho..making the game feel more next gen i am guessing..in terms of visuals.

I just hope they get the presentation through out the game nailed down..while its nice to have pregame and endgame presentation..it needs to flow throughout the game constantly in order to keep the game fun and exciting to the user. So far though..i like what i am seeing...keep it up EA

# 24 roadman @ 04/26/12 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
I hope they address the sidelines, just from what I see, they still look like stupid drones. Plus collision detection on the sidelines. Guess too much to ask, perhaps.
I highly doubt they will address sidelines during this generation. They've already told us if they enhanced sidelines, on the field graphics would suffer.

# 25 callmetaternuts @ 04/26/12 08:16 AM
Looks like a good start, but the sliding and warping is horrible in this build. Let's hope its just an early build thing.

I'm not sold on Read and React AI because it's been on the back of the box for the last 4-5 versions it seems.

# 26 Tyrant8RDFL @ 04/26/12 08:19 AM
The video was not enough for me to get to hyped on, or dissapointed.

I will just have to wait till I get a actual go at the game play. I did enjoy seeing the Db make a play on the ball when the wr was trying to come down with the catch. That was really nice to see.

Now if the Db can make plays like this. I hope there is something as a wr where I can secure the ball.

# 27 matthawk @ 04/26/12 09:33 AM
What's the purpose of motion blur? I don't get why that would be needed or even wanted.

# 28 ChaseB @ 04/26/12 09:36 AM
Just wanted to post this because I'm not sure I had seen it posted as its own thing and it's got lots of purdy pictures in it:

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...3-presentation

# 29 jpdavis82 @ 05/07/12 05:33 PM
"Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an all-new living front end, dynamic in-game transitions, a live ticker, and drastically improved usability. Every game has the feel of a nationally televised broadcast with CBS Sports commentators Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the action from the virtual 3D booth."

I wonder what they mean by dynamic in-game transitions?

# 30 raguel @ 05/07/12 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
"Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an all-new living front end, dynamic in-game transitions, a live ticker, and drastically improved usability. Every game has the feel of a nationally televised broadcast with CBS Sports commentators Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the action from the virtual 3D booth."

I wonder what they mean by dynamic in-game transitions?
Maybe lighting due to the sun going down? Madden 12 only does that at the start of quarters, so there's no subtle transition.

# 31 jpdavis82 @ 05/07/12 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
Maybe lighting due to the sun going down? Madden 12 only does that at the start of quarters, so there's no subtle transition.
Yeah that makes sense.

# 32 jbd345 @ 05/07/12 10:08 PM
Surprised no ones mentioned anything about the live ticker that's mentioned. Hope it's about the same as the one in NCAA 13.

# 33 jpdavis82 @ 05/07/12 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Surprised no ones mentioned anything about the live ticker that's mentioned. Hope it's about the same as the one in NCAA 13.
I don't think it's the same as NCAA because they have the in game studio updates and everything, but I think it's going to be a live ticker showing the other games going on at the same time and I suspect it will look very similar to cbs' ticker they use for their nfl games. It will be a nice addition to our Franchise's for sure, but not nearly the immersion that NCAA has IMO.

# 34 SageInfinite @ 05/07/12 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I don't think it's the same as NCAA because they have the in game studio updates and everything, but I think it's going to be a live ticker showing the other games going on at the same time and I suspect it will look very similar to cbs' ticker they use for their nfl games. It will be a nice addition to our Franchise's for sure, but not nearly the immersion that NCAA has IMO.
I agree and that's what bothers me. Like last year when NCAA had the in-game highlights and Madden didn't. Presentation elements like that should definitely be in both games.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.