Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Why does EA need to patch in the new playoff system?

Well, it’s the biggest change in college football since the implementation of the BCS. And the shadow of the playoff will be hanging over the college football season. If it’s not in the game, then EA is failing to deliver the most accurate product possible.

Read More - Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff in to NCAA Football 13

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BrianTX @ 07/02/12 11:48 AM
The playoff system isn't even in place yet, still 2 years away. Besides, the details aren't even ironed out on who will host what. I'd like it as much as the next guy, but not until it is here and in place.

# 2 N51_rob @ 07/02/12 11:48 AM
I remember the days on PS1 when you could pick your post season, Bowls or Playoffs. I always chose playoffs. I don't know why that was taken away, but it's not like they haven't had a playoff in before.

# 3 thbends @ 07/02/12 11:48 AM
I would LOVE for them to patch it in but would be willing to bet money it won't be in there. I bet it's not in there next year either.

# 4 taman08 @ 07/02/12 11:52 AM
playoff system will be a sales pitch for one of the later ncaa footballs...no reason for them to put it in now!! they need to add FCS and all the new FBS schools!!

# 5 jclarke22 @ 07/02/12 11:55 AM
I think it would definitely increase sales if they did patch it in maybe its a question of if the ncaa would allow it

# 6 coogrfan @ 07/02/12 11:55 AM
I suspect the NCAA would be less than thrilled with the idea of EA making up it's own playoff format.

# 7 AlmostLikeFlacco @ 07/02/12 11:58 AM
"If it’s not in the game, then EA is failing to deliver the most accurate product possible."

Oh, please. Give me a break.

The playoff system doesn't even go into effect for another 2 YEARS. They can, should, and probably will implement it in NCAA Football 15 because then, and only then, would it be accurate to do so.

# 8 Brandwin @ 07/02/12 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taman08
playoff system will be a sales pitch for one of the later ncaa footballs...no reason for them to put it in now!! they need to add FCS and all the new FBS schools!!
Or it was just announced last week and the game is probably Gold already. I would love for the 4 team playoff system to be patched in, but I'm sure it's nothing something easy to do and would rather them not chance it incase it breaks something else. Not worth the risk to me.

# 9 BenGerman @ 07/02/12 12:15 PM
I'd love to see some flexibility, I just don't see EA doing that. When was the last time they were truly flexible with any of their games? At least they gave us custom conferences, so that was a start.

As for it being patched in, I already know that won't happen. Even SCEA didn't do it with the Show, when the MLB announced its new playoff plan. I'd love to see it, as I really think a college football playoff is going to add wonders to the game.

# 10 lionden_56 @ 07/02/12 12:16 PM
This is a joke, right? The NCAA doesn't even know how it will all work with the rest of the bowls and what not. How can EA sports possibly have an accurate representation when the league that is doing it doesn't have all the details ironed out yet?

The most accurate game possible is the one that doesn't have the playoff, because we don't know how it is going to work yet. If they make something up, and get it wrong, then once again everyone complains. The best move is to leave things as are for now.

# 11 BadAssHskr @ 07/02/12 12:18 PM
since the playoff decision came so late in the season, i can't imagine EA will do it. Not because they can't, not because they are "lazy", just because they don't really have to.

although i will say once i hts that 2014 season in my dynasty i would love no more than have the playoff system in place. the fact that it wont be likely will take away from the experience, but then again, who's to say i'll take my team that far anyone.....

# 12 Ramminyou @ 07/02/12 12:23 PM
I don't expect it to be in and I would be interested to see if the NCAA would even want it in the game at this point.

# 13 patsfan1993 @ 07/02/12 12:23 PM
I would like the playoff in the game. Do I want it patched in? Absolutely not. The details aren't ironed out, but most importantly I don't want a patch for the game unless it's really necessary.

EA has problems getting patches to work correctly. Don't patch it if you don't have to. I can wait until it's actually in the game to be in my game.

# 14 tizorch @ 07/02/12 12:44 PM
As much as I would like to see this, it WON'T happen.

I just hope it's in next years version.

# 15 TheKnack @ 07/02/12 12:48 PM
Forget all of the "Does EA care about us?" "Is EA too lazy too do it"
The trolls and pessimists on this board are really irritating.

EA has two HUGE obstacles in making a playoff system.

First and foremost, would the NCAA allow it? They have to receive clearence from the company they have a contract with, people. It's not as easy as just deciding whether they want it or not.

Secondly, the coding and work that would have to go into making a playoff system would be incredible. That would be a COMPLETE OVERHAUL of the current scheduling system. It wouldn't be as easy as it sounds. I'm a computer programmer, and I can tell you, even with 10-12 guys work on this, it would take months and months to finish a presentable product.

So stop putting down EA, and start worrying about something else.

# 16 pj_28 @ 07/02/12 01:08 PM
It would be cool if it was in but I really doubt that it gets patched in. The problems start at not knowing how it will work, getting clearance from the NCAA, getting it coded, and that patches sometimes break other parts of the game. With all of those problems I doubt EA says that the risk is worth the reward.

# 17 Schreck11 @ 07/02/12 01:11 PM
Waste of an article! Not even put in place yet!

# 18 toine2983 @ 07/02/12 01:13 PM
How is EA suppose to implement the playoff system in the game, when the NCAA hasn't even laid the groundwork for how the system will work yet?

# 19 jfsolo @ 07/02/12 01:19 PM
Since everyone knows that there is zero chance of this happening(they already came out and said that it wasn't happening) this article seems like an attempt to rile up the folks who are already angry at the NCAA development team, and are looking for something else to pile on about.

# 20 dickey1331 @ 07/02/12 01:27 PM
Yeah I don't really understand the point of the article. The playoffs are still a few years away and we still don't know the exact details.

Do you really care where I sent this from?

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.