Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

During the 2K Sports NBA 2K13 live stream interview with Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin, Ronnie Singh confirmed both of their ratings.

Kevin Durant - 95
Blake Griffin - 87

*Ratings are subject to change.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JerzeyReign @ 07/11/12 07:27 AM
For a person who can't play defense all that well, 95 is pretty high --are they condensing their ratings or something? 85-87 is pretty good for Griffin though.

I think Durant should be a 93 with most of those things driving that be offensive categories.

Wade shouldn't be a 95 -- more like a 91-92 until he proves he's healthy. I'd give Kobe a 93. Lebron, should be in the 96-98 range -- if he continues to develop that jumper he'll jump up to a 99 in my book.

# 22 Eman5805 @ 07/11/12 08:39 AM
87. That's LA's $96 million star player. Hell, I think that's a lil' too much.

Classic stuff.

# 23 eko718 @ 07/11/12 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
I don't get how Durant is a 95. His shooting ratings are high, but he's not really a great post scorer, great passer or great defender, both in the post and perimeter wise. He's not extremely athletic like a Rudy Gay either. I hope his ratings aren't inflated for his weak points and he plays like he does in real life. I thought his 2k12 rating of 93 was good for him.
Sounds like they are inflated. Seems the insider gives certain guys particular overall ratings to appease fan expectations; most people don't care to examine what constitutes an overall rating, they just care about the number. I agree that 93 was good for him and I can't see how he gets to 94-95 without something being exaggerated.

# 24 tril @ 07/11/12 10:09 AM
an overall rating doesnt say much for whats under the hood.
Griffen might be ranked an 87 but that could be inflated because he has a dunk rating of 99. and obviously his jumping ability would be a bit high also.
Same for Durant. BUt on the surface I'd have to agree with the Durant rating.
Personally, I think 2k does a good job of rating players out the box. There are alot of tangibles that go into the ratings, so alot of the tiems the numbers may seem inflated or a bit too low, but at the end of the day I have no complaints

# 25 bigsmallwood @ 07/11/12 10:52 AM
Some of you don't know anything about the NBA or just don't watch. Durant is very deserving of a 95 rating. He has an ALL-AROUND offensive game. Post AND perimeter. Not to mention that Kareem Abdul Jabbar like baby hook he displayed in the WCF against the Spurs. Durant plays great defense as well.

Blake should really be more like an 83...he needs to develop a better offensive game and his defense needs to vastly improve. Still a good player though.

# 26 jd@os @ 07/11/12 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

During the 2K Sports NBA 2K13 live stream interview with Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin, Ronnie Singh confirmed both of their ratings.

Kevin Durant - 95
Blake Griffin - 87

*Ratings are subject to change.
I know 2K isn't the only one that has done this, but why give us the ratings only to say that "Ratings are subject to change"? I'd rather just see the ratings when they're done, as in when they aren't subject to change.

For instance, don't release a cover with Birdman on it and say, "Cover athlete is subject to change"; just show the cover when it's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 27 stillfeelme @ 07/11/12 12:09 PM
Overall is not that big of deal but I don't know where Blake improved? Durant probably had a slight increase on the defensive side rebounding and deep mid range jumpers

# 28 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/11/12 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Some of you don't know anything about the NBA or just don't watch. Durant is very deserving of a 95 rating. He has an ALL-AROUND offensive game. Post AND perimeter. Not to mention that Kareem Abdul Jabbar like baby hook he displayed in the WCF against the Spurs. Durant plays great defense as well.

Blake should really be more like an 83...he needs to develop a better offensive game and his defense needs to vastly improve. Still a good player though.
No.

I love Durant, but his defense leaves a lot to be desired. He isn't Melo bad or anything, but he isn't good, much less great. And his post-game is barely existant. LeBron showed more in the post this season than Durant did, and LeBron's still leaves some to be desired.

# 29 RocketTMac1 @ 07/11/12 12:26 PM
  • Durant being a 95 shows the LeBron will continue to be the simmed association MVP for 5 more years lol.
  • Kobe with his new knee will be a 94-95
  • D-wade will be a 92-93 (with injuries from last season dropping his ratings)
  • I really want to see how D.Rose will be rated. He should be a 93. I have a feeling Deron Williams will be highly overrated
  • Westbrook will be a 91

# 30 jfsolo @ 07/11/12 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I know 2K isn't the only one that has done this, but why give us the ratings only to say that "Ratings are subject to change"? I'd rather just see the ratings when they're done, as in when they aren't subject to change.

For instance, don't release a cover with Birdman on it and say, "Cover athlete is subject to change"; just show the cover when it's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ratings are always able to create buzz. They keep people talking about the game without even having to show any gameplay footage.

# 31 Nathan_OS @ 07/11/12 12:51 PM
Did not read through the whole thread, but I'm trying to figure out why Blake Griffin is rated a 87?

Way too high for a guy with no post game, and who is an average defender

# 32 gdh5503 @ 07/11/12 12:54 PM
Ha! I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF RATINGS ON NBA 2K!!!!... It also doesn't mean too much if the players don't actually play like the real life counterparts??? Speaking of which; WHY IS KEVIN DURANT LOOKING LIKE THAT!!!!!?????? THAT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE KEVIN DURANT!! I HOPE HE IS NOT LOOKING LIKE THAT IN 2K13? WHY IS HE THE SAME SIZE HAS SERGE IBAKA??????!!!!!!! KEVIN DURANT DOES NOT HAVE MUSCLES AND HE IS NOT RIPPED WHY DOES HIS TRICEPS BULGE OUT LIKE HE IS RIPPED? HE IS BONY!!!!

# 33 Jukeman @ 07/11/12 12:59 PM
Thank god I play text sims now.

...Amen.

# 34 stillfeelme @ 07/11/12 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_OS
Did not read through the whole thread, but I'm trying to figure out why Blake Griffin is rated a 87?

I think last year he was an 85, Love an 86 and Aldridge was I think 84. I know it went Love, Blake then Aldridge

Dunking, vertical, agility Blake wins this category by a wide margin
Ft shooting Love and Aldridge are 80% Blake is in the 50%'s
Rebounding, Love is the best then Blake and Aldridge is not that great on the boards
Post game Aldridge is better and then Blake and Love could both improve.
Defense all are average I will say even
Passing all are average
Mid range shooting Aldridge is the best. Love is actually just as bad as Griffin which most don't know
3pt shooting Love is the best here
Potential, hard to say but I have to say Blake has more potential to be a dominant player. Each has a strength and weakness so I don't have a problem if all three are rated pretty close. It all depends what goes into 2k's equations

# 35 tx_twostep @ 07/11/12 01:56 PM
ATTN: 2K DEVELOPERS!!!

Please stop using numerical values when determining the 'OVERALL' ratings of players. This will change the 'This player is rated too high, or this player is rated too low' conversations that clutter 2K threads everywhere. I personally would love to see a meter, similar to how THE SHOW does their ratings. On The Show, you cannot visibly tell if Player A is better than Player B...all I'll see is that both players are pretty darn good and this ratings talk will stop others questioning the credibility of the 2K INSIDER and the team.

Thanks!

# 36 tx_twostep @ 07/11/12 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_twostep
ATTN: 2K DEVELOPERS!!!

Please stop using numerical values when determining the 'OVERALL' ratings of players. This will change the 'This player is rated too high, or this player is rated too low' conversations that clutter 2K threads everywhere. I personally would love to see a meter, similar to how THE SHOW does their ratings. On The Show, you cannot visibly tell if Player A is better than Player B...all I'll see is that both players are pretty darn good and this ratings talk will stop others questioning the credibility of the 2K INSIDER and the team.

Thanks!
I mean really...2K Basketball has the most people discussing ratings than any other sport game out there. Let us get back to actually playing the game...like we used to do in the old days.

# 37 mrclutch @ 07/11/12 03:31 PM
I know we have discussed this before but why do we even need an overall rating? All it does is muddy the waters.

# 38 ccoaxum @ 07/11/12 03:39 PM
if durant went from 93-2k12 to 95-2k13 then lebron must go from 98-2k12 to 99-2k13...lol just crazy how they do their ratings...lebron is the best player on 2k12 other then MJ which is crazy!

# 39 TeamBuilder @ 07/11/12 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_OS

Apparently dunk and vertical ratings amount to an 87 OVR...

# 40 TeamBuilder @ 07/11/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
Considering Madden 12 had rookie pictures for around 4x the rookies when it also had a lockout, 2k should really have bothered to do that for us.
Yeah NBA 2K12 did not add pictures for ANY rookies. But of course they added pictures for Darrington Hobson and Gerald Green through roster updates... Why 2K? Why?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.