Home
NHL 13 News Post

For those NHL 13 fans hoping to play shorter seasons in GM Connected mode, EA Sports has tweeted some unfortunate details for you.

Quote:
Lots of people have asked if they could play a shorter season in GM Connected. It's only a full season, though you can sim games.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cardot @ 07/28/12 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
How can you consider your gameplay style "Sim", if you do not "Sim? I think simming games tests your team building and managing skills. Full seasons are the true test. They are long for a reason. The well put together teams with talent and good coaching rise to the top and the teams that go on lucky streaks eventually fall to the way side.
So along those lines, should 20 minute periods be the only option for game length?

# 22 FBeaule04 @ 07/28/12 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
Well, I don't really agree with you (neither of these things are important to me) but to answer your question, they have to create new features they can market to sell the game. Are they going to have marketing / PR put together a trailer about shorter season lengths? Could "Now you can save a game offline!" be a back of the box feature that might catch someone's attention in Gamestop?

I agree these would be nice little additions, but as you said, EA has to allocate their relatively limited resources (NHL team is 1/3rd the size of FIFA) to what seems important to them...
You know what hurts the most in what you're saying? It's the way it works and there's absolute no appreciation whatsoever for the customers who gave the chance to EA to be what it is now.

I don't know how many $$$ I've put in this company by buying their product, and in the end, ressources that could be use to say : "Thank you to our long time customer who had save games possibility on the freaking Genesis, that they can enjoy it now on the 360 in 2012!"

Nah, it's far more important to find something that will attract the eye. Hey, how many person will walk into Gamestop and say : "Oh, I might pick up NHL even if I like hockey as more I like dragster race, but the fact I can now fight with the goalie is worth 60$."

I wish I was liking shooting everything that moves around instead of sports. Because if it was the case, EA would be sent packing and eat their shorts instead of my money.

Nothing personal against you Luger, but I've really try not to see EA as a milking machine, but right now, my t*ts are a bit sensitive...

# 23 FBeaule04 @ 07/29/12 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Think you're taking it a bit too personal. It's not like they don't listen to us. Otherwise we wouldn't have a new skating engine or GM Connected at all. They tend to add features that the community asks for the most. But they are a business at the same time.
No, I don't take it too personal Realm, I just spoke for myself since I didn't want to speak for others. :-)

I know they are adding things every year and try to make the game better. It's not like EA's game are pure sh*t. They are good sports game overall, but with flagrant bugs, glitches and ommissions that makes me, a customer that is always asking for attention to details, shake my head.

I know there listening to the community, but in the end, they listen to their fish swimming outside the water more than the fish already in the tank. I mean, it's not like I'm asking them a new feature that would take tons of hour. Saving game while in progress is offered in every game except in EA's sports game, and it was there with the game for many years.

Outside that, I fully understand that EA Sports is now a monster with many heads and that the name of the game is selling copies. FIFA doesn't have to think about that, soccer is a global game, while hockey is regional.

If fairly honest, with the budget and ressources they have comparing with FIFA, Tiger, Madden and NCAA, NHL games are by far the best product for the ressources allowed on the sports market. I should keep that in mind in the end.

# 24 Vikes1 @ 07/29/12 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04

If fairly honest, with the budget and ressources they have comparing with FIFA, Tiger, Madden and NCAA, NHL games are by far the best product for the ressources allowed on the sports market.
Imo, a very good point, FB.

While a limited budget compared to other games shouldn't imo be used as an excuse for every shortcoming of NHL...but I do certainly agree NHL's budget is something that really should be considered.

And yep FB I agree...the NHL team does imo too, do a pretty darn good job of things with what they seem to have to work with budget wise. I can't claim to know what that budget is compared to the other titles. But I think it is a pretty safe guess it is quite a bit less than the games you mentioned.

# 25 brandon27 @ 07/29/12 08:37 PM
Ugh... really would have loved to see this as an option. It's not a dealbreaker or anything for me, but it sure is frustrating that we can't have the damn choice. Why is EA so against us making simple little choices like this.

# 26 canucksss @ 07/29/12 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion7

If 82 games are an immutable number then please EA, please, make the reward worth it.
1000% i agree on this....just imagine, if every game is with unpredictable results because of the great programming of EA... I DONT MIND playing the whole season. but if EA promise fall short from the expectations then it will be brutal to play even 40 or 20 games per season.

# 27 ManiacMatt1782 @ 07/30/12 09:17 AM
How is free agency going to be handled. Not so much in the off season, moreso right after the season begins. The biggest problem in madden was no bidding process for free agents. Someone would just sign any free agents they wanted. First come first serve. What measures are in place to keep free agent signings fair for all involved?

# 28 FBeaule04 @ 07/30/12 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
How is free agency going to be handled. Not so much in the off season, moreso right after the season begins. The biggest problem in madden was no bidding process for free agents. Someone would just sign any free agents they wanted. First come first serve. What measures are in place to keep free agent signings fair for all involved?
Ouch! I didn't thought one bit about that part of the GM duties. Is it going to be random from teams making an offer? Will each players have a preset list of teams he would play on base on criteria like season wins, championship, etc.

The toughest part for EA will be to find a way to make the "My Wife don't want me to play there" involved in the process. I mean, we know it's in the game since Pronger's wife didn't want to stay in Edmonton while Mrs. Nash wanted no part of crossing the borders.

Kidding aside, I really don't know what it's going to be for the UFA but one thing for sure, if handled a bad way, it could led to many headaches!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.