Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

It's not easy playing in the SEC, especially when your program ratings lag behind the rest.

There's no shame in using one of college football's powerhouses in Dynasty Mode.

However there is another way to success. Winning title after title can be even more satisfying when you've overcome incredible barriers to get your team to the promised land. So what are the top five toughest programs to turn into powerhouses in dynasty mode? I've compiled my own list of the top five toughest and while these aren't the five worst teams in the game, they all offer a pretty tough challenge to build and maintain success. Two of my top five teams are actually pretty good in year one but all of them should be challenging to use in Dynasty Mode, even for experienced players.

Read More - NCAA Football 13: Five Toughest Dynasties

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RogueHominid @ 08/13/12 12:16 PM
Great read! I'm thinking Vandy might get a nod for being a bottom-feeder in the SEC in a state where they have to fight for recruits with UT.

# 2 speedy43 @ 08/13/12 01:17 PM
Maybe I missed something but the only reason Or State is on the list is because they are a 2* in the Pac12?

What about Vandy, Duke, or UK?

# 3 RogueHominid @ 08/13/12 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
Maybe I missed something but the only reason Or State is on the list is because they are a 2* in the Pac12?

What about Vandy, Duke, or UK?
Duke would be tough, too; I agree. Kentucky might be a little easier than Vandy, but still an underdog in a loaded conference.

# 4 Kentucky_Wildcat23 @ 08/13/12 01:47 PM
Texas State? I've been doing a dynasty with them and it's tough to build up the program.

# 5 sactown_13 @ 08/13/12 01:55 PM
Arkansas State

# 6 SlickRick11 @ 08/13/12 02:10 PM
Great Read the only one I don't agree with is Oregon St. they are very manageable.....I'd put Vandy being more difficult to do dynasties with

# 7 DJ @ 08/13/12 02:17 PM
I used Indiana last year and it was a difficult task. I haven't played in the SEC in this game, so may have to give Eli's alma mater a go.

# 8 THE YAMA @ 08/13/12 02:29 PM
Very nice read. A lot of little tidbits some people don't think about.

# 9 Blue @ 08/13/12 03:06 PM
LA Tech shouldn't be too far from the list, solid team but it's a huge drop off with a huge amount of needs, FIU is in the same boat.

# 10 Pezell04x @ 08/13/12 03:08 PM
Spot on with Army. Their playbook is tough, especially if the defense you're going with can lock down your running game. Other then Maples, the team is garbage in the backfield. Hassin is nice when receiving, but other than that he's nothing special.

Year 2 is always a mess. I love it.

# 11 TDenverFan @ 08/13/12 03:21 PM
Duke isn't too hard. They have some pretty good pitches, and the ACC is nowhere near as tough as the SEC.

# 12 speedy43 @ 08/13/12 03:23 PM
I don't know if it's the same with Army but I did a Navy dynasty and was surprised to see Academic Prestige at a D+

The service academies are very academically prestigious schools. I'm a little disappointed.

# 13 JoeMimic @ 08/13/12 05:45 PM
I think UTSA should get some love on this list. Their team is terrible outside of their scrambling QB, I think the RB is around a 62 overall if I remember correctly. Their pitches aren't good at all either.

# 14 gerg1234 @ 08/13/12 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
I don't know if it's the same with Army but I did a Navy dynasty and was surprised to see Academic Prestige at a D+

The service academies are very academically prestigious schools. I'm a little disappointed.
Agree 100%. The Academic Prestige in this game is mind boggling.

I did not know that the SEC was full of prestigious universities while the service academies where the equivalent of a community college.

# 15 drtrix @ 08/13/12 05:51 PM
I have been playing as New Mexico. Coming off three straight 1-11 seasons the first season was a tough one with Texas and TT on the non-conference slate and tough conference games with SDSU, Boise and a surprisingly good Nevada team.

Recruiting is difficult as they have no strong pitches other than PT or playing style.

# 16 The GIGGAS @ 08/13/12 06:11 PM
I'm glad I picked UMass in the OSS dynasty...

# 17 Joobieo @ 08/13/12 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
Agree 100%. The Academic Prestige in this game is mind boggling.

I did not know that the SEC was full of prestigious universities while the service academies where the equivalent of a community college.
Books aren't what bring in the money, sports are .

# 18 Proof21 @ 08/13/12 06:52 PM
Akron is a tough build as well.

# 19 Bmore Irish @ 08/13/12 07:04 PM
im using UMass in a 1-star online dynasty, should be interesting

# 20 Andrews85 @ 08/13/12 07:12 PM
I would swap out Oregon St. with Eastern Michigan. EMU has to recruit against 4 other FBS schools in state and not to mention the other BIG10 schools in the Midwest. Definitely a fun dynasty.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.