Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

Click for full size image

Presented with no other comment needed. 48 days and counting to release with no new news on the game's actual status....

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jonesha2000 @ 08/15/12 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
What about the people that were involved with NFL 2k, they had families. It's a dog eat dog world. I want competition as well, but if the live series is cancelled, so be it. It's the video game world we live in.

Also I'm not arguing with your points. I'm just stating that this industry isn't fair, and the consumer doesn't matter just money. I'm not bashing EA or 2k. Because hell 2k, has lost a lot of trust with 2k12.
Yeah and if NBA Live fizzles out NBA2k16 will be the same as NBA2k13

# 22 22cedric @ 08/15/12 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllCee
They probably are just going to "surprise" everyone with a slew of info next month.
I agree with your statement

# 23 shadio5 @ 08/15/12 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
I agree...it breaks my heart because EA was my first (lakers vs celtics). And you always remember your first...
lakers vs celtics was the TITLE back then and it was a completely different game. LVC was a breakthrew nba title for its time. LIVE 95 changed everything about LVC.....totally different games

VC/2k sports fan

# 24 Tomba @ 08/15/12 10:33 PM
NBA Live 13 is in development and they've had 3 conferences for it for the community which is on a complete NDA(non disclosure agreement)

I know marketing and this game will not come out this year. You need to market any said sports game two months in at least for it to gain another user base of interest which EASports cares more about...NEW CUSTOMERS.

The core us guys I suppose will buy it if it's announced within a week of it being released and will blindly want to get a fix because it's ..well? OUT!

Nowadays though its all face value. NBA 2k not only went with basketball stars but it went ahead and got JayZ in for trying to capture even more... NEW CUSTOMERS

EASports has been rumoring a Lebron Cover and why can't that happen? they got Durant? and Durants a big star just like Lebron is who's actually DROPPED in popularity in the sports world to be honest...

Either way I do not see this coming out this year....

# 25 VUUAASSHHH! @ 08/15/12 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
I agree...it breaks my heart because EA was my first (lakers vs celtics). And you always remember your first...
Hope EA burn in hell for everything they are doing to gaming (VIP Pass, DLCs, shutdown of good franchises, etc)

# 26 Subversion @ 08/15/12 10:58 PM
I don't understand why everyone is egging on Live 13'. In the back of your minds you're wishing it comes out and it's the best NBA sim ever, right? So why this adolescent tactic to finger point and accuse when you know nothing about what is really happening.

Fact 1 - NBA Live 13 will at best will be a legitimate basketball simulation, hopefully with as little frustrating problems as possible.

Fact 2 - NBA Live 13 was never meant to be ground breaking. I know myself and others probably have great ideas as to how the NBA Sim can evolve and become great, but as a company you don't take risks like that when you're trying to catch up with the competition.

Fact 3 - It's a turn based strategy. 2K is up to bat, EA is waiting for them to finish their turn. In a few weeks, once 2K is done spilling the beans, we will have all of our Live 13 information. And trust me when I say it will not be anything spectacular or revolutionary. A new development team and only a year to turn a franchise around, we're back to the basics.

In summation - Stop fooling yourselves, stop getting yourselves riled up, don't play the kid antics of "LIVE IS DOOMED!" "OH NO WHAT HAVE THEY DONE!". Be patient and be optimistic. It's just a game.

# 27 liberaluser @ 08/15/12 11:15 PM
Subversion,

If EA didn't want to be groundbreaking then why did they claim their hybrid stick was groundbreaking? And you say Live 13 is gonna be legit like it's a fact without any facts to back that up!

Your playing the game of lowered expectations. And it doesn't make Live 13 any more of a basketball sim.

# 28 Subversion @ 08/15/12 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaluser
you say Live 13 is gonna be legit like it's a fact without any facts to back that up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subversion
NBA Live 13 will at best be a legitimate basketball simulation
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaluser
If EA didn't want to be groundbreaking then why did they claim their hybrid stick was groundbreaking?
Marketing 101, hot terminology. Is a hybrid stick going to revolutionize any basketball game? NBA 2K13 also has a new right stick control scheme, it doesn't elevate the game to "groundbreaking" status. You should know better than that.

# 29 shadio5 @ 08/15/12 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy227
EA should just give up on Hoops and focus on Baseball and UFC.
Best believe EA is going to make history with the new UFC game. The introduction of the facemaker create a fighter program is going to open the eyes of other developer’s and everyone. Facemaker design in created players i hope will make other developers try the same thing when it comes to creating characters.

VC/2k sports fan

# 30 Caveman24 @ 08/15/12 11:51 PM
hurry up EA

# 31 authentic @ 08/16/12 12:35 AM
Personally, I do not think Electronic Arts wanted to be this secret about this game. They had Live scheduled to be at multiple community events, but the Live team backed out because they said, "we want to have our own thing." All of this happened after E3.

Now, I was not at E3, but the majority of people who saw the game at E3 did not leave with good reviews on the build. Still, I have not seen the game so I'm not going to say it was good or not. However, did EA go into panic mode after seeing reaction at E3? This seems to be the case.

I have a feeling this is going to go to the wire. I don't think EA will cancel it without a demo, unless it's on the same level as Elite. Either way, this is a first for a next-gen sports game. I'm not sure what EA has planned, but I think we can all agree that 2k has made some huge changes and we will at least have a good game to play.

Basketball gamers, we will be ok. If EA releases a good product, we'll be in the best position we've been at in a long time. I'm hoping EA can come through, but I just don't think they can.

# 32 jersez @ 08/16/12 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
my fingers are crossed in hoping the NFL doesnt resign with EA. 2k will take that allpro game polish up the graphics and change some aspects and be better than madden
I agree, but it comes down to sells, and which company the NFL thinks, can make "them" the more money.

This isn't a EA or 2k thing, I'm just saying, that we have to realize companies don't compete against one another anymore they can just buyout the competition.

As far as live 13 goes, I think it's going to come out. We don't know how live will play in 4 or 5 years from now. It could be better than 2k.

But I think this is almost a do or die situation for live. If 13 is a complete flop. then EA will most likely terminate it. EA will be good, with the NFL license and just focus on fifa, NHL and madden.

Actually thinking about E3, and how at the E3 conference it(NBA live 13) was a snippet and how it was announced so casually during the conference. I don't know, I think that was strange looking back on it now.

# 33 King_B_Mack @ 08/16/12 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
If this game doesn't come out I might cry. Not because I want Live, but because competition is healthy. I miss the days when the companies pushed each other to greatness. I'm not saying that 2K would put out a mediocre product, but if Live comes out and is halfway decent then it forces 2K to go above and beyond and vice versa.
People gotta stop talking like this. Some of y'all act like 2K has just been sitting around chilling for the last three years without competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subversion
I don't understand why everyone is egging on Live 13'. In the back of your minds you're wishing it comes out and it's the best NBA sim ever, right? So why this adolescent tactic to finger point and accuse when you know nothing about what is really happening.

Fact 1 - NBA Live 13 will at best will be a legitimate basketball simulation, hopefully with as little frustrating problems as possible.

Fact 2 - NBA Live 13 was never meant to be ground breaking. I know myself and others probably have great ideas as to how the NBA Sim can evolve and become great, but as a company you don't take risks like that when you're trying to catch up with the competition.

Fact 3 - It's a turn based strategy. 2K is up to bat, EA is waiting for them to finish their turn. In a few weeks, once 2K is done spilling the beans, we will have all of our Live 13 information. And trust me when I say it will not be anything spectacular or revolutionary. A new development team and only a year to turn a franchise around, we're back to the basics.

In summation - Stop fooling yourselves, stop getting yourselves riled up, don't play the kid antics of "LIVE IS DOOMED!" "OH NO WHAT HAVE THEY DONE!". Be patient and be optimistic. It's just a game.
Maaaan get all the way the hell outta here with this whole post. You gonna come in here trying to call out people about talking about things and not knowing what they're talking about and then sit up here and post "facts" that you basically pulled out of your ***? It's a fact that Live 13 is going to be a legit simulation title based on what? That glowing five to ten minute gameplay video you saw? Oh wait a minute such a thing doesn't exist for Live 13 cause it hasn't been seen in public yet.

Quote:
The all-new Playmaker Engine leverages world-class animation technology that delivers unprecedented feel, responsiveness and authenticity to NBA LIVE 13. Relive those wow moments, and experience what it is like to be Jeremy Lin and deliver the perfect pin-point alley oop pass to a high flying Tyson Chandler!

The sights and sounds of the NBA are brought to life with NBA LIVE 13’s fully integrated ESPN broadcast package, bringing the gold standard of televised NBA games to the franchise and your favorite NBA players will mirror their real-life counterparts with photorealistic heads, authentic body types, signature moves, player accessories, and emotions.
They're sure talking it up like something special. It's a fact that they're on a turn based strategy? Based on what? If it was this ridiculous strategy that some of you guys were talking up, I'm pretty sure EA missed they're turn a few times. 2K took they're turn at E3, EA showed to some writers. 2K launched their cover campaign, now it's EA's turn. No cover announcement. 2K dropped their Jay-Z news, still no EA news. Back to 2K's turn and they drop their control news. Back to EA's turn, still no cover or anything. EA Sports isn't going to sit around on their hands allowing another title to drop info before they start talking about their game, that is easily among the most ridiculous garbage I've ever read. Nevermind the fact that 2K isn't going to just get through their news. They're dropping news every week til release now. What they gonna sit around until a week before release and realize they haven't said anything waiting around for 2K to get done? C'mon man, wake up.

# 34 THE YAMA @ 08/16/12 01:06 AM
This series is done for.

# 35 mlp111 @ 08/16/12 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllCee
They probably are just going to "surprise" everyone with a slew of info next month.
yep a slew of info like, sorry to inform you all, but we decided to cancel the game... i'm predicting a slew of this type of info soon! There is just no other reason that EA wouldnt show the game at major events like gamecom and cancel their own showing of the game, its crazy! if it does release, i'll be surprised if they sell 5,000 units

# 36 Subversion @ 08/16/12 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Now, I was not at E3, but the majority of people who saw the game at E3 did not leave with good reviews on the build. Still, I have not seen the game so I'm not going to say it was good or not. However, did EA go into panic mode after seeing reaction at E3? This seems to be the case.
I was one of the people that attended the closed doors E3 private event. It wasn't bad, it was just so mediocre that most of us were kind of in shock.

If I was an EA rep, I would have demoed that build at E3 and had everyone give feedback after each presentation. Such as giving us a code to access a survey online. Then they would gather the feedback and go on from there.

# 37 jreezy18 @ 08/16/12 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
Im not sure if the NBA would allow them to release the game at a cheaper price. They kind of set a standard for all of that stuff, release date, cost, etc, so EA has little control over cost.
I don't think that's true. It seems to be the video game publisher (influenced by current pricing trends) that sets the price of games. NBA 2K5 was $19.99 but NBA Live released at the standard $49.99 price tag.

# 38 FlyRice @ 08/16/12 03:45 AM

Taken at 12:31AM on Aug 16, 2012

# 39 jersez @ 08/16/12 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice

Taken at 12:31AM on Aug 16, 2012
WOW lol, who is coming up with these pics?

# 40 UGOOGLE DOT COM @ 08/16/12 07:21 AM
U no they put out someting solid this time, last one was not good at all to put out. They got faced last year game came out not last year. U no who be going on the cover NBA Live this year?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.