Home
NHL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mkharsh33 @ 08/18/12 07:22 PM
Shocking that RealmK would respond to my comments... I'm at a loss for words...

Just playing... I knew you'd be "that guy" which is why I know you probably hate me privately.

It has the potential to be a decent game, but that magnetized puck and tape-to-tape passing I witnessed looks like more of the same. I might be a troll in your eyes, but I'm no fanboy either...

I guess we'll see what comes of this after a month or 10 of slider tweaking. But we're good...all in fun!

# 42 letsgopens66 @ 08/18/12 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33

Just playing... I knew you'd be "that guy" which is why I know you probably hate me privately.

It has the potential to be a decent game, but that magnetized puck and tape-to-tape passing I witnessed looks like more of the same. I might be a troll in your eyes, but I'm no fanboy either...

I guess we'll see what comes of this after a month or 10 of slider tweaking. But we're good...all in fun!
Still, it's a little harsh to ignore the improvements. A new skating engine and vastly improved AI isn't another "patch." I agree, the magnetized puck kind of sucks but I highly doubt it will be in any shape or form a game killer.

# 43 mkharsh33 @ 08/18/12 10:17 PM
"trash it later" - LOL!!!! I've hardly seen a peep out of you regarding a very key element of hockey: loose puck play.

Let's pretend for a second that the WR in Madden caught EVERY pass like the ball was stuck to his hands. Or, in NBA 2K the dribbler NEVER lost control of his dribbling. Or in Fifa the ball stuck like a magnet to the foot of the player... What would the response be in those forums?

I don't know what slider sets the video is using, but the tape-to-tape passing, along with the VERY magnetized puck was obvious. No doubt there will be some other improvements in the game, but outside of some lighting improvements, even the presentation looks like a patched NHL 12.

We'll see what it looks like in hand, but I'm not being overly harsh or cruel when my own eyes tell me that puck is STUCK to the stick, even more so than in NHL 12.

But sorry it appears that my comments offend you. It's like our current administration getting upset that one news network doesn't sing their praises, when all the other ones do, and then harping on that single entity for doing so...

# 44 Gagnon39 @ 08/19/12 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33

It definitely bothers me too. But I look at it this way, since NHL 08, I've been hard pressed to find a better sports game than what EA puts out for hockey. This year will be no different. The game, from everything I've seen so far is not going to be worse than previous versions. I know on NHL 12 you could not make tape-to-tape passes every time if you lowered human pass accuracy to 0. In fact, I had to bump it up to 2 if I remember correctly. It was to the point where I could not make a pass from defenseman to defenseman while I was on the power play. I say all of that to simply illustrated that the passing accuracy isn't really a problem for the user-controlled team. I just hope that when we have the CPU's lower, they are in fact less accurate.

# 45 Vikes1 @ 08/19/12 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I say all of that to simply illustrated that the passing accuracy isn't really a problem for the user-controlled team. I just hope that when we have the CPU's lower, they are in fact less accurate.
I sure hope so too, Gagnon.

Like you mentioned, when set to 0 for the User...yep, my pass attempts from one defenseman to another on the PP would end up out of the zone nearly every time. Ie...very effective pass slider for the Human. But ya, no where near as effective for the AI. It'd be great if the pass accuracy sliders are equally effective for Human/cpu with '13'. It'll be disappointing if not.

# 46 Gagnon39 @ 08/19/12 12:41 AM
On of the things we don't really see is passes that are behind skaters, or at their feet. At least not enough of it.

# 47 Reiny09 @ 08/19/12 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
On of the things we don't really see is passes that are behind skaters, or at their feet. At least not enough of it.
It depends on if you're talking about user or AI. The AI always seems to make tape-to-tape passes no matter what the situation is but when I play, it seems every pass is either in the guys skates or nearly out of reach causing him to lunge for it, which in turn causes him to lose all momentum and kill a rush or break out

# 48 Vikes1 @ 08/19/12 02:30 PM
Off topic but...

I'm hoping that we get more post sale support for '13' than we got for '12'.

With NHL '11', the latest tuner set was V 1.06. Whereas with '12', it was V 1.02. Clearly a sizable drop off in tuner sets. And '12' imo, could sure have done with a few more. Cpu pass accuracy, reception ease, etc...

# 49 ComaFaction @ 08/20/12 07:20 PM
It seems likely (to me at least) that at least some of these features were supposed to be in '12, and at the 11th hour were pulled due to being incomplete. Everything about '12 feels slightly incomplete (broken sliders, a less-effective physics engine from '11, etc.) and I feel like the team may have resigned themselves to that fact and moving on to '13 early.

Pure speculation on my part, of course

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.