Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

MADDEN NFL 13 CONTINUES HISTORIC START; RECORD SELL-THROUGH
AND FAN ENGAGEMENT HIGHLIGHT WEEK ONE

Sell-Through Up 8% in First Seven Days for New Record on HD Console Generation

Madden NFL 13 Games Played and DAU at Their Highest Rates Ever Recorded

Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: EA) announced today that Madden NFL 13 continues its record-setting launch performance with new records for both sales and fan engagement through its first seven days at retail (Aug. 28-Sept. 3). Based on internal estimates, sell-through for Madden NFL 13 was up 8 percent year-over-year on HD platforms with more than 1.65M units sold in Week One to mark its best start ever on this console generation. Last week, EA announced that Madden NFL 13 had set a new Day One record on HD consoles as well.

Fans also continued to play Madden NFL 13 in record numbers. In the first week following retail launch, there was a 31 percent increase in the number of online games played year over year with more than 24M contests recorded. That’s the equivalent of a staggering 47,000 NFL regular seasons in just seven days, and, on Labor Day alone, an average of 3,000 Madden NFL 13 games were started every minute.

In addition, Daily Average User (DAU) rates on HD consoles have increased 14 percent over last year, shattering previous franchise records.

“We’re thrilled to see the great momentum continuing on Madden NFL 13,” said Andrew Wilson, Executive Vice President of EA SPORTS. “The overwhelming feedback is that this is the best Madden NFL game in a generation. Fans are competing in record numbers, and we expect that type of engagement to only grow with the start of the NFL regular season last night, as fans connect with their favorite teams and players through our game.”

“We have seen strong demand for Madden NFL 13 leading up to launch and through its first week on store shelves,” said Bob McKenzie, SVP of Merchandising, GameStop. “Critic reviews are strong and the buzz from the Madden fan base is more robust than I’ve ever seen. We’ve seen this consumer momentum sustain throughout week one and we expect it to continue into the fall and holiday season.”

Among the additional notable accomplishments for Madden NFL 13 in its first week at retail:
  • There were more than 1.4M fans who connected online last week.
  • There were more than 702K unique visitors to the enhanced Madden Ultimate Team mode. Fans opened more than 2.6M packs and competed in more than 2.2M challenges.
  • There were more than 1.3M unique visitors to Madden NFL Facebook page and 450K Madden mentions on Twitter.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rayb @ 09/07/12 06:44 PM
Maybe this will be the ammo EA needs to make futue Madden games online only.

# 22 JaymeeAwesome @ 09/07/12 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
Well, as I always say, sales don't mean quality. I'm sure returns and trade ins are at a historic pace as well.
There is no such thing as a return in gaming. Once package is opened the only option is to trade it in, but then again EA already got their money and it doesn't impact bottom line. So many avenue streams for cash flow with today's gaming, the only thing that matters is straight sales. EA could put out a remake of tecmo super bowl as the next madden and it would still be profitable.

Come to think of it...Tecmo super bowl with updated rosters doesn't sound that bad.

# 23 Plush oNe @ 09/07/12 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
There are a ton of threads about this. I suppose you could ask the Head Designer who tweeted to not use Offline Franchise.

How about the CPU AI at the end of games. Or the progression system not progressing players correctly. There are a bunch of things that got tuned and fixed when you play an online franchise that offline needs to wait for a patch.
Dude, calm your tits. I don't even have the game, yet. I'm asking so I know what I'm purchasing tomorrow.

# 24 SamoanSteelerFromAus @ 09/08/12 08:33 PM
I've played two games in the preseason for my offline CCM at ROLB and i'm sooooo bored of this game already. I understand i have to earn my starting spot but to play 15 mins of nothing but punt, punt block, fg block and kickoff... I don't think i can play long enough to see my guy start. Not to mention the stats are ridiculous, my punter gets subbed out and i punt 10 yards at a time.....what were they thinking with this mode seriously?

Just put the old franchise back in so I can use my CAP and play offense.simple.

# 25 BenGerman @ 09/08/12 08:44 PM
Very happy to see this. Just as NCAA did last year, Madden took leaps forward and took a lot of risks, and is being rewarded with it. This gameplay engine is already giving me the best game of football I've played and there is a lot of room to build on it.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.