Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

According to Steve Lyons, he will be replacing Dave Campbell in MLB 13 The Show. Yes, the same guy from the All-Star Baseball series.

Quote:
Doin lots of VoiceOver work today for MLB THE SHOW 2013. Get ready to pick it up in March!

Could this mean an overhaul in the commentary department? What do you think about this news?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Bobhead @ 11/25/12 08:40 PM
I like the "pitch sequence/strikeout analyses" that are currently in the game, and would really like to see more of those. Maybe one for a bunch of fastballs followed by a breaking ball strikeout, or whatever else.

At the start of a random inning, they could review random strikeouts so far, especially if the pitcher is "dealing.

What I noticed the other day playing NBA 2k12 is that the biggest issue stems from the fact that almost every 'trigger' The Show uses is for a very specific situation or event. NBA uses more generic triggers. For example, in The Show, the execution of a pitch triggers a specific line like 90% of the time. The problem with this approach is that a) There are a lot of pitches in a baseball game and b) individual pitches are simply not that important, and seldom need any sort of commentary or explanation.

Instead, have lines triggered by a sequence of pitches, a sequence of batters, consecutive 1,2,3 innings, high number of GIDP, or just completely random lines that talk about the game thus far, and are randomly triggered at the start of an inning. There's already a few lines like this, but this is the type of thing that needs some more attention.

# 82 Unit303 @ 11/26/12 08:44 AM
I have said it before but that Fielder 'Daddy' line is completely and utterly obnoxious.

# 83 brobro @ 12/08/12 10:46 AM
Need to add Vin Scully also for dodgers games, and Michael Kay for yankees games and so on. The specific commentary would be awesome.

# 84 econoodle @ 12/09/12 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobro
Need to add Vin Scully also for dodgers games, and Michael Kay for yankees games and so on. The specific commentary would be awesome.
So would the system that game would be on.
PS10 maybe?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.