Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

The October NCAA Football 13 title update has arrived for the PS3, weighing in at 34 MB.

No sign of the 360 title update, as of yet. Once it is available for the 360, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: Title update available now for 360.

FYI, the Dynasty fixes should take effect in existing Dynasties. No need to start over.

Below are the list of fixes.

Gameplay
  • Fixed issue where running the no-huddle was taking too long.
  • Fixed an issue where players were sometimes not breaking the huddle.
  • Fixed it so receivers won’t slip as much on the turf when it is raining.
Dynasty
  • Fixed it where prospects were softly committing to schools even though they were not on that school’s recruiting board or showed any interest.
  • Fixed some recruiting logic where CPU teams were not offering scholarships to some prospects.
  • Fixed an issue with uploading highlights to Dynasty Wire.
  • Made the sorting on the Recruiting more user friendly so that it remembers previous sorts.
  • Fixed an issue where a prospect with low interest was getting changed to “N/A”.
  • Fixed an issue where some Online Dynasties were losing players and coaches.
  • Fixed a problem where promises were getting deleted.
Online Head-to-Head
  • Fixed a reporting issue where if someone went offsides three times it forced their opponent into a loss.
Stability
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/22/12 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
Comments as to why the PS3 patch was 35MB and the 360 patch was only 6MB?
Microsoft compress their files, Sony does not.

# 62 BA2929 @ 10/22/12 05:54 PM
I'll wait until about page 25 of this thread to really see if the freezing is fixed or if this patch screwed anything else up.

Also, I don't know why anyone assumed, or even hoped, they'd fix the safety issue as they didn't mention it in the patch notes. If they were going to fix that, it'd be in huge bold letters at the top of the list. Don't expect it to be fixed this year.

# 63 Sundown2600 @ 10/22/12 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'll wait until about page 25 of this thread to really see if the freezing is fixed or if this patch screwed anything else up.

Also, I don't know why anyone assumed, or even hoped, they'd fix the safety issue as they didn't mention it in the patch notes. If they were going to fix that, it'd be in huge bold letters at the top of the list. Don't expect it to be fixed this year.
100% true about the safety glitch. I was experiencing freezing after Practice Mode and Play now games on occasion. Have not noticed it after 5 games post patch, but as you say it will take a while before enough ppl have dived into dynasty and other game modes to know if it's been fixed across the board.

# 64 Buckeye Country @ 10/22/12 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

I don't have much freezing going on, but I quit playing a game in a half time and my screen froze at the main menu of my dynasty. This was after patch 4, could be a fluke thing.

# 65 dixiebum18 @ 10/22/12 08:11 PM
seeing a noticeable rise in holding calls per game on balanced blocking (not changing to aggressive) since the patch

# 66 Scott @ 10/22/12 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiebum18
seeing a noticeable rise in holding calls per game on balanced blocking (not changing to aggressive) since the patch
Good, I never have those called in the game...

# 67 Ronizzle @ 10/22/12 08:28 PM
Ditto on the holding calls. Just played the 2nd game of my Colorado dynasty and there was a call on literally every positive run or positive kick return. Both myself and the AI. Ridiculous.

# 68 shaunbot @ 10/22/12 08:29 PM
Glad the no huddled got fixed but with the safety glitch still in there and the fact that I've been on Madden so long while NCAA was unplayable, It's tough to go back to it. That safety glitch is a killer.

# 69 canesfins @ 10/22/12 09:04 PM
Glad the no huddle change since I play with Oregon, but wondering if anyone else has noticed this. In my Oregon dynasty I been forcing the cpu to throw a TON of interceptions. for example Keith Price had 6 interceptions (probably would of been more if I didn't sim the 4th) Tuel from washington state had another 6, just wondering if its just Oregons easy first half of the schedule or something to do with the update.

FYI that was all on Heisman difficulty, I even lowered the user sliders at one point to try to help out the cpu.

# 70 dixiebum18 @ 10/22/12 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiebum18
this is only on running plays btw, never see it called during pass plays, o-line will just get flat beat

not seeing this affect the cpu at all, not that they need anything else hurting their run game

# 71 LionsFanNJ @ 10/22/12 09:16 PM
Meh one annoyance that I wish they would fix, and its been in since the no huddle has been eliminated, is that the CPU will always go into a 4 - 3 defense on a no huddle play no matter the previous user playcall nor the personnel they have on the field. Kinda sucks if you're a spread team and want to run as the players are all stacked in the box. Its whatever though not a major deal breaker for me as I like most everything else.

# 72 unctarheel19 @ 10/22/12 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarDADDY1208
Probably just added some uniforms to the store
Lol i wish. Seems as if ea might have overwhelmed themselves with that one

# 73 MilesDavis @ 10/22/12 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The glitch occurs on 3rd and long and at the end of halves when the situation calls for a pattern that gets you past the sticks. I guarantee the the glitch is present on whatever Heisman sliders you are using.
Nope sorry. I would of seen it and I havent since the summer patch that fixed it. Most if not all my losses come by close games with me needing to drive down the field and needing to be able to connect on a deep play. And I consider myself a pretty elite player considering I play on Jarods heisman black sliders with Umass. Im not saying it doesnt exist because I have had my fair share of problems with the game that others havent had, Im just telling you my experience with the long ball is not the same as yours. And by no means am i a proponent of this years product that they released either, the freezing issues are a disgrace on the 360.

# 74 TarHeelPhenom @ 10/23/12 01:46 AM
The really sad part is that we may not have an NCAA 14 next year. We probably will; but with EA giving up the license they very well could shut it down. I mean look at NCAA Basketball and NBA Elite/Live. If that is the case then our last installment of this game will have a safety glitch that we cannot ever get rid of. SMH!

# 75 Sundown2600 @ 10/23/12 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
The really sad part is that we may not have an NCAA 14 next year. We probably will; but with EA giving up the license they very well could shut it down. I mean look at NCAA Basketball and NBA Elite/Live. If that is the case then our last installment of this game will have a safety glitch that we cannot ever get rid of. SMH!
I'm not even sad about it anymore. I'm so sick of EA and their greed. They gobbled up the NCAAB license and let it die. They snatched up the NCAAF and the NFL license and continue to screw up and break what could be half decent products every year.

TBH I'm happy they gave up the NCAAF license. Sad to think that way, but just like you I love these college football games, but at least in 2014 I won't need to bitch and complain about another flawed EA game because they won't be making a flawed game for me to worry and complain about.

I mean come on...we can't even get sliders that work right. That would make a HUGE difference in the gaming experience if we had all working penalty and gameplay sliders. They can't even give us that. I will be happy to see the back of all of those NCAA devs and fake gamechangers who come here every year hyping up their flawed product. My world won't stop at all.

# 76 PocketScout @ 10/23/12 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I'm not even sad about it anymore. I'm so sick of EA and their greed. They gobbled up the NCAAB license and let it die. They snatched up the NCAAF and the NFL license and continue to screw up and break what could be half decent products every year.

TBH I'm happy they gave up the NCAAF license. Sad to think that way, but just like you I love these college football games, but at least in 2014 I won't need to bitch and complain about another flawed EA game because they won't be making a flawed game for me to worry and complain about.

I mean come on...we can't even get sliders that work right. That would make a HUGE difference in the gaming experience if we had all working penalty and gameplay sliders. They can't even give us that. I will be happy to see the back of all of those NCAA devs and fake gamechangers who come here every year hyping up their flawed product. My world won't stop at all.
How sad is it that my main hope is the franchise lasts two more years to ensure we get a game with a playoff option before it goes the way of NCAAB.

# 77 TarHeelPhenom @ 10/23/12 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
How sad is it that my main hope is the franchise lasts two more years to ensure we get a game with a playoff option before it goes the way of NCAAB.

Not sad at all...but knowing this companies track record they would mess something up. Like the polls would be so messed up that the wrong teams would make the playoffs every single year. You'd have Central Michigan and Memphis in the playoff because they won the MAC and Conf USA. I'd be shocked if we get 2 more years out of them. With that being said, I hope another company will step up and make college football for next gen consoles.

# 78 TarHeelPhenom @ 10/23/12 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600

Sundown check this foolishness out lol...I went in and experimented some more with the ratings...just to see how the game would play/animations etc.

So, I picked a team at random(Florida) and I edited the starting LT Max Garcia and the RDE Ronald Powell. I put the LT Run Block, Pass Block, Impact Block and Strength at 5. Then I took the RDE and lowered Strength, Finesse Moves, Power Moves, Block Shedding all to 0.

Then I started up a Florida vs Florida CPU game just to watch the line interaction. The matchup between Garcia and Powell was a stalemate for the most part. But, I actually saw some animations I hadn't seen before. So, then what I did was on one team I subbed the LT and RDE out for regularly rated players to see how the edited LT and RDE would respond and....

I ACTUALLY SAW REAL LINE INTERACTION!!

I saw the edited LT actually HOLD the regular rated RDE and get called for holding. I didn't have to hit replay and it wasn't phantom. That patty cake animation was non-existant and the DE was actually able to disengage from the lineman without getting caught up in what I call the "dance around animation" where the DE is engaged to the OL and pushes/walks him all the way in the backfield but can't disengage b/c of the animation.

Then I watched as a regular rated OL went up against the edited RDE and watched him get pushed and tossed like a rag doll lol! I got pushed to the ground. He tried to do a spin move and just got pushed and driven right out of the play.

Stuff you SHOULD see in the game ANYWAY!!! Sad part about it is that with the edits down that low of course their overall was like 40. It's ridiculous that you have to do crazy stuff like that just to see "realism." I also edited the QB's accuracy by lowering it to "0" and he went something like 2-19 lol!!!

# 79 Deegeezy @ 10/23/12 07:14 AM
Anyone else get prompted for an update this morning on 360? I got the patch yesterday but I got on this morning and now it's doing another update.

EDIT: Nevermind....Looks like it's just a 360 update.

# 80 Sundown2600 @ 10/23/12 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Sundown check this foolishness out lol...I went in and experimented some more with the ratings...just to see how the game would play/animations etc.

So, I picked a team at random(Florida) and I edited the starting LT Max Garcia and the RDE Ronald Powell. I put the LT Run Block, Pass Block, Impact Block and Strength at 5. Then I took the RDE and lowered Strength, Finesse Moves, Power Moves, Block Shedding all to 0.

Then I started up a Florida vs Florida CPU game just to watch the line interaction. The matchup between Garcia and Powell was a stalemate for the most part. But, I actually saw some animations I hadn't seen before. So, then what I did was on one team I subbed the LT and RDE out for regularly rated players to see how the edited LT and RDE would respond and....

I ACTUALLY SAW REAL LINE INTERACTION!!

I saw the edited LT actually HOLD the regular rated RDE and get called for holding. I didn't have to hit replay and it wasn't phantom. That patty cake animation was non-existant and the DE was actually able to disengage from the lineman without getting caught up in what I call the "dance around animation" where the DE is engaged to the OL and pushes/walks him all the way in the backfield but can't disengage b/c of the animation.

Then I watched as a regular rated OL went up against the edited RDE and watched him get pushed and tossed like a rag doll lol! I got pushed to the ground. He tried to do a spin move and just got pushed and driven right out of the play.

Stuff you SHOULD see in the game ANYWAY!!! Sad part about it is that with the edits down that low of course their overall was like 40. It's ridiculous that you have to do crazy stuff like that just to see "realism." I also edited the QB's accuracy by lowering it to "0" and he went something like 2-19 lol!!!
Exactly. Look at all of the stuff we find just by experimenting. We find things that should happen in the game by default. EA can't even come to the boards and explain why sliders don't work. They can't explain what ratings trigger certain animations. We have to figure that out on our own. It's sad man.

Your point is also taken on the overall rating issue. It's not a big deal to me, but the game uses overall ratings of players to decide which players get drafted, not to mention it plays a part in team rankings. So as you said once before these edits will have an negative effect on a team's Pro Potential pitch. It's ridiculous man. We know how to make the game better with edits, but so much emphasis is placed on a player's overall rating we can't use these changes in dynasty mode. It's really frustrating.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.